10249 - Winter Toy Shop

TheDarkness

Two websites have confirmed the name of this years seasonal Winter Village Set. Both websites say set 10249 is a Winter Toy Shop. One is Barnes and Noble. Their coupon exclusion list for toys and games has lego set 10249 Winter Toy Shop on it. Also shop.lego.com has confirmed the name also. The way you see on shop.lego.com is first open a new tab then type http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=10249 or just click the direct link here. Then finally after the page loads click the URL at the top of page and the URL has the set name in it. That trick works with any upcoming sets as long as you have the set number. I got that trick from someone off Eurobricks. So this years winter village set is a Winter Toy Shop.

Edited by LegoKid7277
  • Like 3

Here is it folks.  :Looks like a 99% reissue (not a refresh) of 10199.

The Lego Designer did call it, "the new and improved version of the winter toy shop".

10249_box1_na.thumb.jpg.951966ffe968bce0

10249_box5_na.thumb.jpg.54fcb84e4efd052b

10249 Winter Toy Shop
Ages 12+. 898 pieces.
US $79.99 – CA $99.99 – DE 69.99€ – UK £59.99 – DK 599.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Enjoy the holiday season with the Winter Toy Shop!

Welcome to the Winter Toy Shop! The holiday season has arrived and the toymaker is busy finishing off his latest creations! Outside, children ski and snowboard, and a freshly built snowman sparkles in the light that shines from the toyshop tower. Help decorate the huge tree that stands at the center of the square, play with the curious kitten on the cozy wooden bench or join in with the carolers beneath the ornate streetlamp. This charming set also features a ladder, trees in various sizes, jack-in-the-box, a toy biplane, helicopter, rocket, train, race car, truck, robot, tugboat, teddy bear and a wrapped gift. Have fun building this enchanting winter wonderland! Includes a snowman and 8 minifigures with assorted accessories: a male caroler, female caroler, a woman, 2 men, 2 boys and a girl.
• Includes 8 minifigures with assorted accessories: a male caroler, female caroler, a woman, 2 men, 2 boys and a girl
• Features a toyshop, large Christmas tree with decorations, ladder, bench, ornate streetlight, carrot-nosed snowman and a cat
• Toyshop features a LEGO® light brick, cash register, clock, chair, table, tools and a ladder
• Accessories include a wrapped gift, snowboard, skis, 5 wreaths, 2 sets of strings lights, 2 top hats, 2 carol songbooks and 10 toys, including a jack-in-the-box, a toy biplane, helicopter, rocket, train, race car, truck, robot, tugboat and a teddy bear element
• Also includes trees in various sizes and snow elements
• Light up the toyshop tower with the LEGO® light brick!
• Decorate the Christmas tree!
• Enjoy the holiday season with this fun, festive model!
• Winter Toy Shop measures over 6” (17cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep
• Christmas tree measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep

• Like 4

I'm so disappointed with Lego for putting out this set. The set is just a rip off of the older set!! For the worlds largest toy manufacturer this is just lazy and shameful.

They acknowledge as much in the video - it seems that 4-5 years time is fair game for re releases. Need to see how this trend evolves in the future as it has already touched City and Technic and now Creator too.

Wow, very similar alright.  At least I can now have one, but I don't think I'll go very deep.

the ROI of this one might very well be capped by 10199 prices.  not sure if new minifig and plate prints are enough.  when i first saw the box of 10249, i thought it was a photoshop joke using 10199.

i'll tell you one thing, 10249 is gonna be another hot selling set and prob will be sold-out by mid-Nov

• Like 4

I dont have the old set so I see this as a win for newer collectors

Well some elements seem to be different they are small and subtle

I will be picking it up for sure

I don't have this one either, so I'm in the same boat as you... no need to keep checking eBay or considering the bricklink route.

I know people are concerned/pissed about the re-release but I don't really understand why? LEGO doesnt make these sets for resellers despite what we might all think. They probably ran some numbers of what the recent sets sold (WVM, SW) versus the older sets (Toy Shop, Post Office) and decided that there was still plenty of profit to make!

• Like 1

the ROI of this one might very well be capped by 10199 prices.  not sure if new minifig and plate prints are enough.  when i first saw the box of 10249, i thought it was a photoshop joke using 10199.

i'll tell you one thing, 10249 is gonna be another hot selling set and prob will be sold-out by mid-Nov

Here's a good photo comparison - 10199 on top, 10249 below:

10199-1.thumb.jpg.9c37fc03462befa5abdefe10249-1.thumb.jpg.906853f5bf853e30fba0bb

** Edit... new one comes with a brick separator... Well that does it, new set for the win!! **

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 7

I know people are concerned/pissed about the re-release but I don't really understand why? LEGO doesnt make these sets for resellers despite what we might all think. They probably ran some numbers of what the recent sets sold (WVM, SW) versus the older sets (Toy Shop, Post Office) and decided that there was still plenty of profit to make!

So, Toy Shop & Post Office were the only choices? What about coming up with something else? What happened to the creativity?