Brick Classifieds Feedback and Questions

Jeff Mack

Reading some of the test listings, I have noticed that people are making comments such as "Immediate payment required" or "Only accept Paypal"

That really isn't needed.  All items must be paid for at checkout just like Amazon or other online retailers.  There is no invoice system like Bricklink.   Paypal is the only online payment system.  Buyers will be able to purchase items from 9 different vendors at one time at the same checkout.

I just want to say thank you so far on some great listings. I have been pushing updates here and there as I see things that look off and have received some fantastic feedback from many of you.

I just want to verify that our email addresses don't show to buyers, right? When they message us they just see a message through BC and that's it, right? Of course if we list it in about us or something like that it would show up. I thought I saw someone's personal email address yesterday, but maybe they put it in a different section on purpose.

This here is a pretty good example of how to do tags for a listings.  Do you need to use 10 tags for every listing. NO, but you should highlight major parts of the set.  The key elements are basically the set theme, set name and the set number.  At least those 3 tags should be used on every set if possible.  If you are selling parts, you should include the part number or bricklink number.  Anything that can be used to identify that listing.

I like the new badges.  Maybe those badges could be clickable to the corresponding rating pages for those sites?  If you want to encourage that kind of thing.

I tried to upload my banner again and it looks the same as before.

Try again, also if you want to email it to me at [email protected] I can try on my shop until I get it right.

As for the badges, I will need to create a submission process where people put their links, we can view them, approve them, etc.

Try again, also if you want to email it to me at [email protected] I can try on my shop until I get it right.

As for the badges, I will need to create a submission process where people put their links, we can view them, approve them, etc.

Cool, thanks.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but is there a "sell similar" item option?  Creating a new listing is more time consuming than ebay because I have to retype the tags and info.  I've been copying and pasting but that is also a hassle going back and forth between windows.  I'm not complaining, if this is how it has to be that's how it goes, but when listing Super Heroes sets, for example, many tags would be the same.

I'll send my pic.

• Like 1

1. If someone wants to cancel an order, how is that handled?  Just curious so I know what to put in the policies section.

2. The product name window says I have characters remaining, but when I put more than 100 characters, the final listing title is cut down to 100 characters.

3. Typo at the top of the In Stock Products page, it says "On" Stock.

4. I seem to be having with the picture in position one not saving when I go to preview.  The first time I noticed I thought maybe I din't let it finish uploading, but the second time I was very careful to be certain it was there.  I went to different tabs within the listing module, went back to pics and saw them both there.  When I went to preview, pic 1 was gone and pic 2 was now 1.  After going back to reload it worked fine both times.

First criticism: When viewing photos of items all the photos are cropped to portrait.  This format may obscure important visual info for any given product.

I do a lot of buying and I scan hundreds of images looking for specific things. If I have to click on each listing to obtain specific visual info it will certianly slow shopping down.

Critique two:  How do you sort the listing once something is searched?  A competitor eBay can be sorted in many ways:

Newest

Ending soonest

Highest price

lowest price

distance....

It's Loreum Ipsum. Default body text for filling in websites/blogs so you can see how they will look.

Yes its just dummy text for now, it will all be replaced with real content very soon.

It might be helpful to tell sellers not to list their items with the word LEGO in the title first since everything on this site is Lego and only the first part of one's title can be seen until clicking on the item. Of course, sellers can list things however they want.

The word LEGO overall is fine, it will be good for Search Engines later. Whether people want to include it or not, it doesn't matter to me.

It would be sweet to have an option to calculate shipping for the buyer. That way the seller only has to put in weight of item.

I imagine that some sellers may choose to offer free shipping or flat rate shipping though.

I do have a shipping calculator in the works that will help with Domestic and International prices to help people build shipping profiles if they want.  If you have used Etsy before it works just like that which we feel is a good fit for this type of marketplace.

bp_1419880834__2014-12-29_14-16-31.png

• Like 2

It's Loreum Ipsum. Default body text for filling in websites/blogs so you can see how they will look.

Thanks

Some Issues:

- The Store Banner is not displaying correctly (have a 930x100 jpeg)

- Store List view has incorrect prices ($0.00+)

- Bullet points don't make it into the final listing but are in the edit box.

Some Thoughts:

- I think the Store name in the Vendor field should be bigger.  It gets a little lost with the rest of the info

- Agree with additional sorting as mentioned above.

I will post more when I see them.

Thanks, 

Edited by Silburned

I have only just started with my first listing but a few thoughts thus far...

Is there (or will there be) something in place so new users to brickclassifieds cannot use existing names from brickpicker that do not belong to them?  ie if I decided to pick Jeff Mack as my brickclassifieds store name would it be accepted as long as Jeff Mack was not already taken?  

Default shipping.. is there a setting so I can always have basic info there like ships from USA, etc?  I just saw a shipping profile but it looks like it is tied to specific prices as well?  I will make a few more listings later and try it out.  Is there a way to list multiple shipping prices for the different classes (1st class, Priority) and the buyer to see what each price is for?

Is there a way to create multiple entries but have them be in an offline area?  I was working on a 2nd listing but I need to take some new pics.  I did not see a way to save my work on that listing and come back to it later.

I have only just started with my first listing but a few thoughts thus far...

Is there (or will there be) something in place so new users to brickclassifieds cannot use existing names from brickpicker that do not belong to them?  ie if I decided to pick Jeff Mack as my brickclassifieds store name would it be accepted as long as Jeff Mack was not already taken?  

Default shipping.. is there a setting so I can always have basic info there like ships from USA, etc?  I just saw a shipping profile but it looks like it is tied to specific prices as well?  I will make a few more listings later and try it out.  Is there a way to list multiple shipping prices for the different classes (1st class, Priority) and the buyer to see what each price is for?

Is there a way to create multiple entries but have them be in an offline area?  I was working on a 2nd listing but I need to take some new pics.  I did not see a way to save my work on that listing and come back to it later.

Right now there is no relationship between Brickpicker and Brick Classifieds.  For now you would just need to contact me or register with your name.  If you want to be Jeff Mack, I feel sorry for you :)

Default shipping is set here(http://www.brickclassifieds.com/address)  Make sure you pick Unitied States and it will hold that region as where it ships from.  Multiple prices for different shipping is not there.

I will add back the status link in product listing to deactivate it from live listings later or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Jeff, I know you mentioned a month of two ago the difficulty in narrowing down the merchandise type list, but I have a question for you.  As a parter outer, sometimes I part out a ship separate from the rest of the set.  I'm not sure how to label this as it's not a set, not a minifig, and wouldn't really fall into the parts category.  Any thoughts on what a specific section of a parted out set should be labeled?