Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

• 1 month later...

I have one Birds set, and I think the box actually looks quite nice sealed. :jester:

Well I did build this set and it's a pretty enjoyable build! (Or better three builds!)

The birds look very nice on display and I really wanted to build them when I saw this set. But I can understand how this set might not be as appealing as other ideas sets. There is no real fan base (other than ornithologist maybe ^^) and all in all the set is nothing "special" (no fancy minifigs included).

Personally I think this is the weakest ideas set right now (maybe even of all). I still can see people wanting this set later on and paying 50-100% on top of the RRP.

In any case it is a beautiful set.

• Like 3

Well I did build this set and it's a pretty enjoyable build! (Or better three builds!)

The birds look very nice on display and I really wanted to build them when I saw this set. But I can understand how this set might not be as appealing as other ideas sets. There is no real fan base (other than ornithologist maybe ^^) and all in all the set is nothing "special" (no fancy minifigs included).

Personally I think this is the weakest ideas set right now (maybe even of all). I still can see people wanting this set later on and paying 50-100% on top of the RRP.

I like sets that other investors aren't buying. Plus, it is an awesome set.

• Like 3

I like sets that other investors aren't buying. Plus, it is an awesome set.

Agreed on both counts. Double VIP and the train (or later Gingerbread House) make this the ideal time. I'm not counting on it being available next year at this time. Maybe 2xVIP in the spring, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Even though I am not at all an ornithologist, I still like the Birds set more as an Ideas set than TBBT set! That's why I actually bought one Birds set, and not the TBBT set.

Edited by Haay

http://globalnews.ca/news/1978047/birding-hobby-soars-in-popularity-across-north-america/

One of the top hobbies in the world.  Lego building is probably up there, but no where near…. The two combined is $$, IMO!

I did take note that the birds sets at my TRU depleted quite rapidly.  At one point they got a massive stock and had a shelf full of them.  Lasted less than a month.  

1000% correct.  Birds is a terrible set, there is no collectable value here, and it's appeal is so tiny, you'll be forced to unload at half of retail long after retirement.  Absolutely nothing to see here, you've wasted 5 minutes of your time just checking this thread.  Move along, this isn't the Lego investment gold mine you're looking for....

• Like 1