41063 - Ariel's Undersea Palace

gravtation

This feels like a good play set and it's nice to look at just as well. The price is a tad 'iffy' and I realize there is quite a bit of large pieces but perhaps if it were five dollars less from the odd retail of $54.99 that reminds me a little of when Walmart increased the price of their exclusive Starhopper last year to $44.99 from $39.99 (for my area at least). The new molded Flounder is perfect however poor Sebastian did not seem to get the same complete treatment but still nice to include him anyway. A few of the new 'glitter' parts like those crystal balls are in this set which could help too.

• Like 1

I was in one of the local Lego stores yesterday and bought the last one on the shelf. All other princess sets had many many left. Even about a dozen elsas left. Either small production run; or this one was highly anticipated. Keep in mind that Ariel I more in-line with afol age versus rapunzel or Elsa.

went to a second lego store in the area and they had this set coming out their ears, so I guess it depends.  My daughter and I built ours this morning and I like it quite a bit more than cindy castle though. The trapdoor gave me throwbacks to my forbidden island set (6270).  Anyway. looks nice.  

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...