BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

Question. Is it ok to post requests for items that are not currently listed on Brick Classifieds? For example, I'm looking for a couple of 32 x 32 grey base plates. Can I post this here or perhaps in a separate forum to let sellers know that I am looking for a particular item? 

Question. Is it ok to post requests for items that are not currently listed on Brick Classifieds? For example, I'm looking for a couple of 32 x 32 grey base plates. Can I post this here or perhaps in a separate forum to let sellers know that I am looking for a particular item? 

Want Ads are currently being worked on, it will be a full featured module.  You will see it probably in about 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Loving it especially the checkout page seems very refined like being able to buy from multiple sellers at once....I have a couple questions
1. I see adding an item to cart makes it unavailable/Sold out   How long does this last?
2. How is shipping calculated I see the option to checkout with paypal and my grand total but I am assuming the Australia Items are going to cost quite a bit to ship...If SH is not factored in do I need to make a separate payment to get the items shipped. Would  it not be better to list price which includes SH...125 Sopwith Camels I have my eyes on you.
Fabulous Layout and Design :) Surely people can beat some of the prices currently listed. We need some more QFLL's who are happy with smaller profit everyone complains about

Edited by Brickshopper

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this feedback: I am having trouble with the messages feature. It says I have 3 messages but when I click on messages I get this response

"An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load your default controller. Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid."

Loving it especially the checkout page seems very refined like being able to buy from multiple sellers at once....I have a couple questions

1. I see adding an item to cart makes it unavailable/Sold out   How long does this last?

2. How is shipping calculated I see the option to checkout with paypal and my grand total but I am assuming the Australia Items are going to cost quite a bit to ship...If SH is not factored in do I need to make a separate payment to get the items shipped. Would  it not be better to list price which includes SH...125 Sopwith Camels I have my eyes on you.

Fabulous Layout and Design :) Surely people can beat some of the prices currently listed. We need some more QFLL's who are happy with smaller profit everyone complains about

1. I believe it is for 15 minutes or until you remove it from your cart

2. Shipping is already included.  There is a tab on the details page that will tell you what the shipping would be for your region.  If they do not ship to your region you won't even be able to add it to the cart.  The shipping cost should show up on the checkout as well unless its free.

• Like 1

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this feedback: I am having trouble with the messages feature. It says I have 3 messages but when I click on messages I get this response

"An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load your default controller. Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid."

I will check on this for you...

Do you get the same area if you click the "Email" link in the Vendor/Shop area?

1. I believe it is for 15 minutes or until you remove it from your cart

2. Shipping is already included.  There is a tab on the details page that will tell you what the shipping would be for your region.  If they do not ship to your region you won't even be able to add it to the cart.  The shipping cost should show up on the checkout as well unless its free.

ok great I noticed the Shipping tab and see many are doing US Free and Free with another item which might explain some of the seemingly high pricing...

The Australian Sopwith 125 Free Australian Shipping Great Deal... I am able to add to my cart and not getting any price for shipping but I have not registered so the site might not know my location still able to add to cart and make it un-purchasable to others

Do i need to create an account/register to be able to purchase the checkout screen makes me think I can checkout with paypal without registering. I have not tried to purchase anything

Edited by Brickshopper

I will check on this for you...

Do you get the same area if you click the "Email" link in the Vendor/Shop area?

Messages work fine when I am on the regular Brickpicker site.

When I am on the Brickpicker Classifieds site the messages do not work. I did receive several messages to my email address which I am guessing are the same messages but I cannot reply to them through my email address so I cannot reply to them. I am able to go to a specific vendor's page and contact them - that does work.

Messages work fine when I am on the regular Brickpicker site.

When I am on the Brickpicker Classifieds site the messages do not work. I did receive several messages to my email address which I am guessing are the same messages but I cannot reply to them through my email address so I cannot reply to them. I am able to go to a specific vendor's page and contact them - that does work.

No, I am talking on the Brick Classifieds vendor/shop area

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/shop/sell

Look in the left sidebar, there is a menu item labelled "Email"  

You will only see it if you opened a shop, so if you did, try there to see if you can see your messages until I can look into this error.

No, I am talking on the Brick Classifieds vendor/shop area

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/shop/sell

Look in the left sidebar, there is a menu item labelled "Email"  

You will only see it if you opened a shop, so if you did, try there to see if you can see your messages until I can look into this error.

Ok great, I created a shop which allowed me to email - was able to check my messages and send one. Thanks!

I just added a couple of items, few things I have noticed:

1) The uploaded images orientation changed.

2) It seems like I have to hit the Preview button for # of images that I have uploaded before it will show me the Preview page.

3) The images that was uploaded were somehow picked up the previous uploaded impage.

Do i need to create an account/register to be able to purchase the checkout screen makes me think I can checkout with paypal without registering. I have not tried to purchase anything

Yes, you will only get so far.  You will need to create an account and enter a shipping address for the system to be able to know what to charge you for shipping.

I'm adopting eBay return policies:

1)  Full refund + shipping costs (both ways) if item is "not as described" or damaged during shipping.

2)  Full refund - shipping cost if buyer changes their mind.  Buyer pays return shipping for item (in the same condition as received).

Questions:

Does Brick Classifieds refund their 2% for returns?

And if no, should I include a "restocking fee" to cover Brick Classified's 2% and PayPal processing fee of $0.30?

Still a newbie with eBay/PayPal... Haven't had to refund an item sold yet...

Questions:

Does Brick Classifieds refund their 2% for returns?

And if no, should I include a "restocking fee" to cover Brick Classified's 2% and PayPal processing fee of $0.30?

Still a newbie with eBay/PayPal... Haven't had to refund an item sold yet...

There are no refunds from Brick Classifieds (unless it is a system generated error and you got charged 10 times for one transaction or something like that).  If a transaction happens properly, we collect our fee for the advertising of your listing which was completed at that point. 

If you want to include a restocking fee, that is up to you, make sure it is listed on your policies and explain that to the person who wants to return an item and I guess they will need to pay you via paypal.   All of this is after the transaction.

• Like 2

Looks very nice from the browse around I have done.

Have just listed my first thing and set up a shop - will see what happens and if I have done things as I intended - early days.

I setup my username as what I thought would be my shop name - should I have set the Classifiedsusername the same as my BP username so people know it's me etc, or does it not really matter?

Also, is there a way to rotate pictures, as I have some which are on my computer in the wrong orientation due to how my camera took them. In ebay I just upload as they are and select the rotate option on upload to correct?

thanks.