Target Canada - New January Clearance Wave?

Sandwraith

I can confirm the sets 79116 and 79117 (Ninja Turtles) are about 64% off... if you can find any, I just found a few in one of 3 Target stores.

Some Lego movie sets are 30% off, but it's not very consistent. They seem to have plenty of Lego movie sets, I think we can expect a 50% sale in the near future.

I can confirm the sets 79116 and 79117 (Ninja Turtles) are about 64% off... if you can find any, I just found a few in one of 3 Target stores.

Some Lego movie sets are 30% off, but it's not very consistent. They seem to have plenty of Lego movie sets, I think we can expect a 50% sale in the near future.

Still nothing really exciting like your Ninja Turtles to report down here in Mtl .. Nothing .. hopefully next week will bring the big sets to be reduced...

The biggest/newest Target near me was a ghost town today. I picked up a few sets at 30% off..

2x 42023 Construction Crew

1x 70809 Lord Business Evil Lair

1x 70812 Creative Ambush (for us, one of the last movie sets we didn't have) - there were about 100 of them.

Some 17.99 Chima sets for gifts...

And a lonely ...

1x 76005 Daily Bugle Showdown for $34.99 which is a touch better then 40% off.

I've never seen the shelves so bare, it was almost sad.

Scored something special today .. Castle 70402 at 3.60$ really strange no tags .. no advertissement .. not even saying regular price $$$ / sale price 3.60$ .. very very strange ...I had to buy them all pouahhahahha .... final price with tax  + the red card 5% was 3.93 each pouahha ..

saved 42.05$ each  x 6 .. spent 23.58$      SCAN everything you find .. you never know ...

and 2 friends Bakery at 24.49$ ... see my invoice ..gallery_10015_248_492828.jpg

Edited by gravtation

Scored something special today .. Castle 70402 at 3.60$ really strange no tags .. no advertissement .. not even saying regular price $$$ / sale price 3.60$ .. very very strange ...I had to buy them all pouahhahahha .... final price with tax  + the red card 5% was 3.93 each pouahha ..

saved 42.05$ each  x 6 .. spent 23.58$      SCAN everything you find .. you never know ...

and 2 friends Bakery at 24.49$ ... see my invoice ..

Awesome find!

When i have more time this weekend i will be doing just that :)

• Like 1

Went to a second target this morning and they weren't as picked over but barely any clearance items. That said, the Lego aisles were about 50% bare opposed to the other bigger one which were 80% bare.

I grabbed one Hurricane Heist at 70% off and a Toxita Meltdown at 30% off. Nothing else worth buying.

Not a fan of Target at all, the nearby ones rarely have any Lego on the shelves ever not to mention much of anything else you can't find cheaper elsewhere... but was spoucily forced into one yesterday, was given a choice only of Target or the Stupid Store (superstore) a little further up the street (they have Lego at higher prices than TRU yikes!) - the lesser of 2 evils resulted in just over $500 in %70 & %45 off in one haul.    maybe they don't suck as much as I thought, or perhaps this is the only way they move inventory - nearly everything was reduced even where there was no red tags - ya just have to find one of the redshirts with the pricing gun to check the prices - Friends & Hobbit were the only things not on sale

• Like 1

Nothing much to report from searching a couple over the weekend.

Empty shelves galore! Lego Movie stuff seems to have gone to %50 in most stores, but none of the sets i actually want to invest in are included (yet). And no luck with any SW/Super Heroes.

Found a couple Temple of Light's at %70, grabbed 2 just because.

Can you tell us what Lego Movie sets you saw at 50%? The needs of an investor and a part seller are very different. :)

Haha :)

Creative Ambush, the Ice Cream Truck, annddd the Castle Gate one were %50 in a couple locations i went to. However they were still only marked at %30.

This clearance sale seems to have the worst pricing of any I've seen yet. Adds a sense of adventure though not knowing what you'll find and at what discount range lol.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

I have seen various sets at 30% today, including large Lego Movie sets and many Star Wars sets, big and small.

Nothing appeared to be at 50% yet.

Nothing new at mine.. And it appears the Hurricane Heist I snagged at 70% off may have been a fluke. My closest Target had 2 but at full retail.

I thought I was in luck as the clearance tag was put over the AT-AT sign (and they had 4) but it also scanned at full price. The only bargain was Ender Dragon for $74.99 (retail is $89.99) but I bought one for my kid last week and don't really have the space to load up for so-so deals right now.

Nothing new at mine.. And it appears the Hurricane Heist I snagged at 70% off may have been a fluke. My closest Target had 2 but at full retail.

I thought I was in luck as the clearance tag was put over the AT-AT sign (and they had 4) but it also scanned at full price. The only bargain was Ender Dragon for $74.99 (retail is $89.99) but I bought one for my kid last week and don't really have the space to load up for so-so deals right now.

Ender Dragon already on sale? Interesting... Target stop scaring me!

None of my local Target's have the ATAT in stock otherwise i'd be checking so many today haha. Also no Ultra Agents here for a long time in stock.

Ender Dragon already on sale? Interesting... Target stop scaring me!

None of my local Target's have the ATAT in stock otherwise i'd be checking so many today haha. Also no Ultra Agents here for a long time in stock.

I think the Ender Dragon was a pricing mistake. There were two price tags (one for each price) on the shelf.

New stuff was definitely added recently (at least in my area) as Stragus mentioned yesterday.

Hobbit wave 2 stuff at %70, Dolphin Cruiser %70 Benny's Ship/Police Enforcer/Constucto-Mech thing at %30. And some early 2014 wave SW at %30. Grabbed a bunch of Elf Armies and Cruisers along with the last Benny. Again none of this was marked as such... they have a boatload (har har) of Cruisers sitting there. If advertised at %70 off i'm sure they would be gone in a second.

Guardians of the Galaxy and the X-Men set still not touched though. 

New stuff was definitely added recently (at least in my area) as Stragus mentioned yesterday.

Hobbit wave 2 stuff at %70, Dolphin Cruiser %70 Benny's Ship/Police Enforcer/Constucto-Mech thing at %30. And some early 2014 wave SW at %30. Grabbed a bunch of Elf Armies and Cruisers along with the last Benny. Again none of this was marked as such... they have a boatload (har har) of Cruisers sitting there. If advertised at %70 off i'm sure they would be gone in a second.

Guardians of the Galaxy and the X-Men set still not touched though. 

Was this a target in Ontario area?

Hobbit wave 2 stuff at %70, Dolphin Cruiser %70

Neat, I think I have read elsewhere in these forums that this Dolphin Cruiser had great potential for resale.

I passed by another Target today (again!), and the same sets are still only 30% off. I wonder when it will all finally pass over to 50% off...