70808 - Super Cycle Chase

IMDeus

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Vinetu said:

Hey folks, I'd like an opinion of more experienced members of this forum about the potential of this mid- and long term. Buy-in 50%. Thanks!

50% off the $50US price tag? I'd take that in a heartbeat. I think your worst case is you could unload them to a fellow member here who parts sets out if you don't want to do that work yourself.

I'd buy a few but I wouldn't go crazy on them. It's still kind of early to get any real idea on how The Lego Movie sets will perform long term, but the fact that this is being clearanced at 50% should tell us something about the initial demand for this set. I have a good handful of just about every Lego Movie set bought locally on clearance ranging from 30%-50% off and I'm kind of regretting it. I plan on selling in bundles down the road, but the next movie isn't due out for quite some time, and I could have used that money on something better. Just because a set is on decent clearance doesn't make it an automatic buy, at least for investing. Personal build it's a no brainer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I'd buy a few but I wouldn't go crazy on them. It's still kind of early to get any real idea on how The Lego Movie sets will perform long term, but the fact that this is being clearanced at 50% should tell us something about the initial demand for this set. I have a good handful of just about every Lego Movie set bought locally on clearance ranging from 30%-50% off and I'm kind of regretting it. I plan on selling in bundles down the road, but the next movie isn't due out for quite some time, and I could have used that money on something better. Just because a set is on decent clearance doesn't make it an automatic buy, at least for investing. Personal build it's a no brainer.

Actually, this is the better advice compared with mine.

That said, this was a *really* fun build -- the motorcycle especially reminded me of some of the MOCs I'd try making as a kid. I did buy-one, build-one on this set and think that's the right spot for me.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎14‎:‎33‎, kensBricks said:

50% off the $50US price tag? I'd take that in a heartbeat. I think your worst case is you could unload them to a fellow member here who parts sets out if you don't want to do that work yourself.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎29‎:‎24‎, terrymc4677 said:

Hey guys, thanks for replies. Actually kensBricks, that's exactly what I decided to do! I bought 5 of them at 55% off Dutch RRP (of 54,99€) and I really like the parting out potential of this set! That being said, I'll probably leave 2-3 of these for longer hold, you never know if crowds are going to go crazy for older sets when The Lego Movie 2 hits the theaters...

20 hours ago, Vinetu said:
Hey guys, thanks for replies. Actually kensBricks, that's exactly what I decided to do! I bought 5 of them at 55% off Dutch RRP (of 54,99€) and I really like the parting out potential of this set! That being said, I'll probably leave 2-3 of these for longer hold, you never know if crowds are going to go crazy for older sets when The Lego Movie 2 hits the theaters...

Cool! Good luck with it. This is a set I would love to have in a heartbeat as a gift. But I'm starting to run out of display space so I'm getting picky about what gets rotated in.

I would love to go in for 3-5 but investment budget and priorities don't really allow for it right now. At least I'm being disciplined, right?