Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

has anyone had luck having them match the online price if you can find the AT AT in store?

Price matching Walmart online to in-store is very YMMV. Generally i think their policy is they do not match their online price.

However the product is STILL able to be added to the cart, from any page but the product page. It may be possible to PM it elsewhere.

I tried today and had no luck.

Got to price match 5 Wlaker At-At today .. had to work hard ! But got the result ! 64$ each + 15% tx .. wonderful deal !

Use your cell phone,

-one window with the item in the basket to show it's there at 64$

-one window ( scroll it , that they aren't able to see "not available" .. make sure they can see the item number , Upc )

Always keep your cell phone in your hand .. and don't show them the main page where the item is shown with the Clearance tag .. .. cause they don't match any clearance price at all ..

Got to price match 5 Wlaker At-At today .. had to work hard ! But got the result ! 64$ each + 15% tx .. wonderful deal !

Use your cell phone,

-one window with the item in the basket to show it's there at 64$

-one window ( scroll it , that they aren't able to see "not available" .. make sure they can see the item number , Upc )

Always keep your cell phone in your hand .. and don't show them the main page where the item is shown with the Clearance tag .. .. cause they don't match any clearance price at all ..

This type of price matching is frowned upon around here... It falls in that grey area of what some might consider unethical. TRU does not price match clearanced items so advocating "hiding" the clearance tag is a no-no.

• Like 2

Ok .. Sorry didn't know .. Please report or delete my post !

Won't post again like that !

I understand .. but on another hand .. I'm not really hidding the clearance tag on the main  page .. When you click the ITEM directly there's no tag on it !

I bought them at WM not TRU .. still the same grey area .. just making precision ..

Edited by gravtation

Ok .. Sorry didn't know .. Please report or delete my post !

Won't post again like that !

I understand .. but on another hand .. I'm not really hidding the clearance tag on the main  page .. When you click the ITEM directly there's no tag on it !

I bought them at WM not TRU .. still the same grey area .. just making precision ..

Don't get me wrong... Just pointing it out for you since the mods don't usually read the posts in these Canada threads. Oops, did I say that? Hahaha, revealed one of their secrets.

I think that this is one of those cases where it's OK to ask and even say you were successful, but just leave out the finer details. :)

On the topic of price matching like this though, if the retailer doesn't want to do their due diligence in check the price, that's their problem. Their policies are usually pretty clear and the employees up north seem to be better at following them than some of our friends down south.

• Like 1

6860 Batcave in stock:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-super-heroes-the-batcave-6860/6000051853413

No interest myself at full price though. Also not sure if it's actually in stock as i have not tried to place an order yet, silly WM site bugs..

Thanks for the heads up.   I ordered one for myself, for my own collection since I did not have it.   My order appears to have gone through ok.

Lots of stuff at my local WM was moved to the "Clearance" section to make room for the mass amounts of March 2015 sets coming in. Most of them had places on the shelves with tags, but no product yet.

All the items in the clearance section were mostly stuff WM.ca has already got rid of (ATAT, Benny, Cantina, Bat Vs Bane, etc) however they were not yet marked down. There was enough product in the clearance section to make up a whole isle, guessing this March wave will be big for every store, and something's gotta give for shelf space.

Hopefully they actually clearance the stuff and not just keep it full price in this section as they seem to like to do...

Pheonix Temples and Battle for Ninjago City are marked down to $75 at my nearest Walmart. A few others... can't remember them all.

- Ice mammoth stomper @ $75

- Battle of the five armies @ $60

- HH-87 Starhopper @ $30

A couple turtle and ultra agents... They had the "shelf maps" taped to the shelves so they are obviously imminently reorganizing. Many new 2015 City sets were listed but the Star Wars section looks like it will be smaller.

Pheonix Temples and Battle for Ninjago City are marked down to $75 at my nearest Walmart. A few others... can't remember them all.

- Ice mammoth stomper @ $75

- Battle of the five armies @ $60

- HH-87 Starhopper @ $30

A couple turtle and ultra agents... They had the "shelf maps" taped to the shelves so they are obviously imminently reorganizing. Many new 2015 City sets were listed but the Star Wars section looks like it will be smaller.

Are you buying Pheonix Temples at this price?

Are you buying Pheonix Temples at this price?

I bought one for us... If I had a bricklink store, it would be a no brainer since the partout value is over $300. I just don't like Chima as an investment - it's more of an Xmas flip and Dec 25, 2015 is soooooo far away.

I have one extra Battle for Ninjago City though. They had three more - I'm tempted to go get them all at that price.

• Like 1

Lots of stuff at my local WM was moved to the "Clearance" section to make room for the mass amounts of March 2015 sets coming in. Most of them had places on the shelves with tags, but no product yet.

All the items in the clearance section were mostly stuff WM.ca has already got rid of (ATAT, Benny, Cantina, Bat Vs Bane, etc) however they were not yet marked down. There was enough product in the clearance section to make up a whole isle, guessing this March wave will be big for every store, and something's gotta give for shelf space.

Hopefully they actually clearance the stuff and not just keep it full price in this section as they seem to like to do...

The three WMs I get to have so many Lego sets they've overtaken other aisles. I honestly don't see how they move the amount of product they have without better than 20% off.

I think perhaps WM over ordered Lego sets this past holiday season as the previous year they were wiped out and shelves were empty for quite some time. Seems feast or famine.

• Like 1

I can't find these online so I am assuming in store only?

Yeah mine had the Ninjago set for $75 in store. No Cantina's or AT-ATs though - I wish they had a proper in-store stock tracker... When the AT-AT went to "not available online" you can't check store stock any more. There are a couple Walmarts that probably have them but I don't want to drive that far.