Amazon Warehouse Deals - Worth the Risk?

edgecrusher

I wanted to revive this since we were having a discussion about the plethora of Sandcrawlers that showed up the other day.

I picked one up listed as condition "Acceptable" - Cosmetic damage (Less than 5% ) on the sides of the item. Crack or dent (Less than 10%) on the bottom of the item. Item will come in original packaging.

Price was $217 total with tax.  This is the first Sandcrawler that I had opened so I cracked the inner box to make sure everything was there and all bags ended up being included.

IMG_20170921_124126.jpg

IMG_20170921_124138.jpg

11 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I wanted to revive this since we were having a discussion about the plethora of Sandcrawlers that showed up the other day.

I picked one up listed as condition "Acceptable" - Cosmetic damage (Less than 5% ) on the sides of the item. Crack or dent (Less than 10%) on the bottom of the item. Item will come in original packaging.

Price was $217 total with tax.  This is the first Sandcrawler that I had opened so I cracked the inner box to make sure everything was there and all bags ended up being included.

IMG_20170921_124126.jpg

IMG_20170921_124138.jpg

I got my Sandcrawler & UCS Tie via Amazon Warehouse last year. Both boxes were beat to hell but all bags intact. 

A few more that I've picked up.

Saturn V - $106 total - box was pretty beat up and I needed one to build.  This will probably be my builder, unless prices get up there at Christmas.

B-Wing 75050 - $39 total - Box was open and had some creases but everything was present.  Sold this on eBay.

Popstar House 41135 - $52 total - Bags had been opened and resealed with pieces loose in the box.  This was the first time I received one like this and it went back.

Volcano Base 60124 - $63 total - Light creases on box and still sealed.  I had just sold an Arctic Base when I bought this and thought if it got back to MSRP I'd sell this too.

Kylo Ren Tie Fighter 75179 - $52 total - Box was creased but still sealed.  This showed up as a preorder and at this price I couldn't resist.  I built this and like the overall model but feel the MSRP is too  high.

Scooby Doo Light House 75903 - $53 total - Box was creased, but still sealed.  I checked the contents and everything was there.  This is the second one I've picked up at the warehouse and it's trending up so I'll probably end up selling it, but may build one of them.

Saturn V - $105 total - Box was open, but in decent shape.  Sold this on eBay.

Almost forgot to add my favorite item.  I got one off those storage cases that come with the "old" green baseplate for $3.30.  It was in great condition and the baseplate was even included, which I thought may not be the case.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

IMG_20170921_124126.jpg

IMG_20170921_124138.jpg

Considered yourself lucky. I got no minifigures (again, probably sent back by the same person who's doing the trick of resealing the bags but you can literally see all the smaller bags within are opened and empty) and no white box. I hope Amazon doesn't re-sell the set but they probably will.

Edited by cissi

13 minutes ago, cissi said:

Considered yourself lucky. I got no minifigures (again, probably sent back by the same person who's doing the trick of resealing the bags but you can literally see all the smaller bags within are opened and empty) and no white box. I hope Amazon doesn't re-sell the set but they probably will.

Sorry to hear that, this hasn't happened to me yet. 

Knocks on wood.

• 2 months later...

I picked up a like new Saturn V for $77. It came in the shipping container that had some old shipping labels on the outside and inside was a mint set. 

Picked up a like new Minecraft Jungle Tree House for $48, slight creases on one edge but otherwise excellent shape. 

Picked up a good Minecraft Snow Hideout for $20, still had a small patch of wrapping paper on it and some of the box had peeled off, but was in good shape.  

It seems they’re trying to clear out the warehouse for all the returns that will be coming. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@oneknightr I’m pleased with the AWD UCS Falcon I received. Only a couple small blemishes that are pictured. It was shipped double-boxed in the factory container. All seals intact, no AWD stickers, and I’m not even sure if the factory container was opened.

B5E270A0-C342-4861-9D0C-249BBE41DB82.jpeg

D91719DA-8E4C-490D-B531-2F3E9869A9CC.jpeg

185DCEFD-FB6D-4644-A64A-3FE9EF7F00F5.jpeg

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

@oneknightr I’m pleased with the AWD UCS Falcon I received. Only a couple small blemishes that are pictured. It was shipped double-boxed in the factory container. All seals intact, no AWD stickers, and I’m not even sure if the factory container was opened.

Oh man, I'm kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger ealier. Thanks for the info/post. I'll keep my eye out for one, but I have a stupid question. How in the world do I know when one pops up? Is it the old F5 on the regular product page or is there a specific AWD page for the falcon? I only knew about the other because @fuzzy_bricks posted it in the Daily Deals thread. 

2 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

How are your purchases not taxable on Amazon? You’re in Ohio, right? I’ve been getting taxed for at least a couple years now.

Jeff will take cash payment on delivery no questions asked if you live on his commute home.

How are your purchases not taxable on Amazon? You’re in Ohio, right? I’ve been getting taxed for at least a couple years now.

Business Account
Oh man, I'm kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger ealier. Thanks for the info/post. I'll keep my eye out for one, but I have a stupid question. How in the world do I know when one pops up? Is it the old F5 on the regular product page or is there a specific AWD page for the falcon? I only knew about the other because [mention=31187]fuzzy_bricks[/mention] posted it in the Daily Deals thread. 

Fuzzy is the best source right now. I have it in my wishlist, but I haven’t noticed the AWD listed under other sellers.
  • Like 2