Urge to build rising...

Yinchuan

Hey, thinking about busting open a box today and building something. Which should I build and why? I have GE, PS, HH, PC, and the apparently unflippable Slave I.

I have three GE and one is opened to verify contents because the seals looked funky

I have three PS and one is damaged box thanks to our good friends at Wal-Mart.

I have only one PC

I have only one HH and have a feeling I better let that one be.

I have one Slave I

Which to build??

Very easy to answer if going by an investor's perspective.

The Slave 1 is the furthest from retirement. I also have a feeling you will enjoy that build and end result far better than the Pet Shop.

True, plus the Falcon is due for a refurb and it will leave a display space unused (can't have that!).

Slave I

(...as an investor point of view, because as a builder I would be more interested in a building)

And if you fall in love with the ship, and don't care about minifigs, you can sell them on ebay, as pseudoty said.

Note: '>

Edited by biniou

So far passing the day disassembling some used set to store for sale some day. Not nearly as fun as building but still playing with bricks I guess.

Slave I will likely win out, but I will give it a little more time on ebay first.

This is what happens when there is no football on TV. Well there is always the pro bowl....

As the rest, I would go with the Slave for a couple (already mentioned) reasons.

1- I am the type of person that would build a modular and want to have them all. That would be an extremely expensive choice for me. Basically the reason I have resisted the urge to buy even one of the new ones for myself.

2- With the exception of the Pet Shop and PC, I would ask myself if I would be willing to pay, say, $350 or whatever the current market price is for a set like the HH. If you open it, it would mean you're basically paying that price no matter what you got it for.

3- The Slave looks amazing by itself. While the modulars might look good as well, you definitely need to have a couple to make them shine.