41106 - Pop Star Tour Bus

TheOrcKing

I like the Friends theme, but I personally don't like these - they seem a bit trashy.

At least there's a classy toilet in the back of the van there.

bp_1422514633__bus_bathroom.jpg

Hey--thanks for stuffing the Jem theme in my brain. :cheese:

You're welcome. :) With about 180 tracks from the series, I'm loaded for bare! Haha.

Are they trying to convey that the Friends girls are going through their rebellious bad girl period?

Hmm, I guess that would make them The Misfits.

Missing accessories:

Empty bottles of Schnapps, prescription meds, and a bucket for storing dirty bong water.

If this is truly a Pop Star tour bus, hopefully its final destination is the Betty Ford clinic- which, incidentally, would make a killer Modular to follow the Detective's Agency.

Think about the mini-fig potential:

Betty Ford clinic with exclusive Robert Downey Jr., Corey Haim, and Miley Cyrus mini-figs. I am all-in.

Edited by Cross

When did these "figurines" become role models for girls?

True story: I love that my daughter loves Legos: wholesome family entertainment, well-done and based on classic Disney stories. The "Friends" and Disney lines are brilliant.

As a Father, I will gladly shell out the dollars for my kids to have Lego's wholesome, fun, and well-done Friends and Disney line.

It will be a cold day in Hell before Mattel's new "dolls" are allowed in my home. Just look at the photo above to get my point: there is nothing there I hope my children aspire to.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I think this could be flippable like the DC was in its early days. But, not once production is ramped up like it was with the DC.  However, I like the set.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this could be flippable like the DC was in its early days. But, not once production is ramped up like it was with the DC.  However, I like the set.

I agree with TabbyBoy (and braven) on this one.  I think this is the Dolphin Cruiser of Christmas 2015.  Great set, nice size, at $59.99 a reasonable request for most girls at Christmas, with room to double in value if they sell out.  I got one from my TRU at $43 (with tax) after coupons, etc.

Edited by Kenxxx
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

So what's up with this set?  Like I said last summer, I thought this was the new Dolphin Cruiser. Thankfully, I never invested past that first one I bought.  It's never sold out anywhere that I know of, and is now dropping to a new low on Amazon at $43.11 (28% off). Is it that girls don't care about cars / buses?  ... or is the whole "pop-star" line a poor performer?  I thought I saw comments somewhere about parents not liking this new sub-theme "dumbing down" the Friends line?  Or is there hope for this set yet?

10 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

So what's up with this set?  Like I said last summer, I thought this was the new Dolphin Cruiser. Thankfully, I never invested past that first one I bought.  It's never sold out anywhere that I know of, and is now dropping to a new low on Amazon at $43.11 (28% off). Is it that girls don't care about cars / buses?  ... or is the whole "pop-star" line a poor performer?  I thought I saw comments somewhere about parents not liking this new sub-theme "dumbing down" the Friends line?  Or is there hope for this set yet?

Who knows.  My daughter loves 'em (and I think they're great when added to our never-ending MOC land of plastic.

• 1 month later...

Two months later, and I'm still loving this set... and now $38.39 on Amazon... it's killin' me. Seems like a great value.  But I have zero in my inventory right now. Seems like all retailers have plenty of stock. If it got a little scarce this Christmas, it might go back to full retail, but they'd have to go higher for me to make any money on these. Sure I could hold them for a few years, and hope there's demand after EOL... but I don't feel that good about this set.

• Like 1

Two months later, and I'm still loving this set... and now $38.39 on Amazon... it's killin' me. Seems like a great value.  But I have zero in my inventory right now. Seems like all retailers have plenty of stock. If it got a little scarce this Christmas, it might go back to full retail, but they'd have to go higher for me to make any money on these. Sure I could hold them for a few years, and hope there's demand after EOL... but I don't feel that good about this set.

By looks, I'd think this would be a good choice in the Friends line, but it seems like a slow mover.

18 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

And here I am thinking I scored a good deal by getting $20 off retail for a busted box Tour bus 2 months ago at WM ... $40. Now Target and Amazon are selling minty boxes below $40 ... smh.

• 8 months later...

My (7 year old) daughter went to two birthday parties by school-friends of hers in 2016, and both girls wanted to get this Pop Star Tour Bus from kids pooling their gift-money together. I think it's an attractive set that offers nice play features for the target group, and it may turn out well liked (and desired) in the future.

It's also retired since December 2016 / January 2017. :)