Star Wars Buildable Figures

Bold-Arrow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This will scare you... my average by in was probably 70% off RRP, but they are so easy to pick up on ebay for 50% off that they are just not worth going through the hassle. I prioritised the non-human head characters as they look better. I will probably have to sell them in groups of 4 to turn a small profit.

Most annoyingly, they are taking up valuable space that could be used for others sets.

General Grievous barely makes RRP, but I think that will change.

I may just clear them out at nearly break-even just to save space and re-invest.

Will figures like Poe and Finn ever be worth more than RRP? I just cant see it now.

11 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

This will scare you... my average by in was probably 70% off RRP, but they are so easy to pick up on ebay for 50% off that they are just not worth going through the hassle. I prioritised the non-human head characters as they look better. I will probably have to sell them in groups of 4 to turn a small profit.

Most annoyingly, they are taking up valuable space that could be used for others sets.

I may just clear them out at nearly break-even just to save space and re-invest.

Will figures like Poe and Finn ever be worth more than RRP? I just cant see it now.

Yeah, at this point they seem to have all the investment possibilities of opened Chima Fire Bikes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyposterfan said:

Seriously, give me a shout when you want to offload them.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 3:04 AM, TabbyBoy said:

I've finally completed my collection of these, but I'm struggling to accept the tiny head on Darth Vader, is it just me again? I hope the aftermarket like it as I bought 198 of them (2x 99x) at £10.34 each from Tesco last year! I'm now thinking that 3 would've been enough ;-)

These could do well as I made a killing on Iron Man & Batman a few years ago, up to 4x within a year of EOL and they were VERY available discounted beforehand.

Unfortunately, there is definitely another Darth Vader coming next year. I'd be trying to figure out an exit strategy on any series 1 Vaders that I was holding.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 30/08/2017 at 5:00 PM, thoroakenfelder said:

Unfortunately, there is definitely another Darth Vader coming next year. I'd be trying to figure out an exit strategy on any series 1 Vaders that I was holding.

Let's hope that it's worse and/or overpriced as to not impact 75111 too much. I'm still collecting all figures... when cheap!

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Let's hope that it's worse and/or overpriced as to not impact 75111 too much. I'm still collecting all figures... when cheap!

It looks way better and has a removable helmet to show his face. 

BTW the Praetorian Guard is AMAZING. I feel the box doesn't really show how good it is because it's weirdly rendered on there? The real thing is shiny just like the actual character and the finished product really looks more like an action figure than a LEGO action figure!

3 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

It looks way better and has a removable helmet to show his face. 

BTW the Praetorian Guard is AMAZING. I feel the box doesn't really show how good it is because it's weirdly rendered on there? The real thing is shiny just like the actual character and the finished product really looks more like an action figure than a LEGO action figure!

I've already three of those from recent launch and Guard with Stormtrooper with pauldron are the best. I very much like the way Lego managed to work with gravity to put some weight on the plasticy pauldron to simulate this part as more like "flex accessory" rather than "fixed part". It's wobbling when you move him plus helmet is fantastic and much better shaped than those from TFA which are tad too narrow.
So as far as I can tell
Praetorian 75529>Stormtrooper 75531>Stormtrooper Pilot 75526

Chewie and Rey are out of my radar since I consider them as hideous.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Quick look at these:

No surprises, but 75112 Grievous is the most sought after,  but 75118 Phasma is looking promising. 

75120 K-S20 , 75523 Scarif Stormtrooper and 75115 Poe Dameron seem to be performing better than the rest. 

75107 Jango Fett and 75108 Commander Cody are creeping up and could be dark horses. 

Darth Vader has crashed due to the remake. 

At 40 to 50% off, I think that some of these buildables will get a decent return over the next 12 to 24 months. 

3 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Quick look at these:

No surprises, but 75112 Grievous is the most sought after,  but 75118 Phasma is looking promising. 

75120 K-S20 , 75523 Scarif Stormtrooper and 75115 Poe Dameron seem to be performing better than the rest. 

75107 Jango Fett and 75108 Commander Cody are creeping up and could be dark horses. 

Darth Vader has crashed due to the remake. 

At 40 to 50% off, I think that some of these buildables will get a decent return over the next 12 to 24 months. 

GG £17 buy in, now looking good.  Was always the best looking buildable set and if this hits £50 by Xmas that will do nicely.

6 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I wonder about Vader. The new one is out of the current scale and is noticeably different. It is even taller then 75112, but again, its no longer within the current BF scale. Regardless, I think the old Vader still has a market.

I had no problem selling for $35 FBA.  I still have some, so hopefully they continue to climb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some pretty strong rumours circulating that the Super Battle Droid & 501st Clone Trooper + AT RT buildables

have been canned with further claims implying the line as a whole will be over by next years end. Solo & the

Range Trooper figs are still due out in April though. Apparently other SW sets will be released in place of those

cancelled.