What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

LOL...it's worth a pretty penny since it's been sold out for a while. Kind of begs the question, how would we sell either the Star Bricks U-Project or TS-Project? They're so hard to come by and unique. Tough to price out and probably a small target market. 

wow...didn't know it jumped up so much...it was lavishing around $200 for years

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

LOL...it's worth a pretty penny since it's been sold out for a while. Kind of begs the question, how would we sell either the Star Bricks U-Project or TS-Project? They're so hard to come by and unique. Tough to price out and probably a small target market. 

I've read in European forums how peeps have sold theirs on Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 10:33 AM, Pseudoty said:

My GF is killing my stash,  cold rainy day here so she builds BOP, then tells me next on her want list is the Coliseum.

IMG_7339.jpeg

If she's killing your stash, let her build the Colosseum, she'll never want to build another set. 

• Haha 4

Insect Collection great set with no stickers, excellent prints, and unique part usage, look at the Sand Green Pistol. If you can find this for 20% off or more it is a definite pickup and has a good cross-over with the Botanical sets. The flower build at the base of the butterfly is top notch. 1111 pieces but a lot of them go to the stands and displays not the actual insects. You can easily remove the insects from the stands if you wanted to play with them.  The building app now gives you stats. 

Build: 8 

Play: 6

Display: 8

Value: 7

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0377.jpeg

IMG_2160.png

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 6

GF built the Globe. She said: “The structure inside is amazing and building the hemispheres was very satisfying to me but it is repetitive and the gaps make the set look unfinished, also they should have included a part to cover the exposed technic beam at the bottom of the globe like they did for the top”. We had to add a few spare pieces on to cover it. 

This is a great display piece but I can’t see many people buying it in 2 to 3 years for $400 when they can just get a real globe for their home or office. 

Up next is the Typewriter which looks to be the most complex technic build ever. 

IMG_7883.jpeg

• Like 1

She can really knock these sets out. This was another Amazon return and this seems to be an issue with this set, open box returns, as most people don’t realize how much technic is in this set until they open it as it is all hidden inside. This set is one of the best engineered Lego sets I have ever seen but I have never built any of those technic cranes or super cars. Not sure how many people will pay over $400 for this one once it is gone but it sure looks great in sand green. 

We have a 1/2 Marathon tomorrow so not sure what is up next. 

IMG_7963.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3