What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, oneknightr said:
Built 4842 with my 5yo from a bulk buy. Still need to find all the figs floating around in the bulk before I list it up for sale. My kid built most of it while I pulled the pieces for him. He loves Lego just like his daddy!

Is that someone painting a mural in the background? Haha nice!!

And nice bulk find!

13 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Is that someone painting a mural in the background? Haha nice!!

And nice bulk find!

Yep, that's the wifey and her new hobby. She did one of those wine and painting classes with her friend a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. 

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 3

Love the final result but man was the build frustrating.  By far the worst instructions I've had to work with and I've built a lot of classic sets.  Cleaning baked in dust and sorting 500+ black pieces added to the frustration (I actually don't mind refurbing classic sets but this one again was more difficult than usual).  I added the railing in the back of the "message intercept" section.  Anyway, I really dig the abstract nature of classic space base sets.  Not all are good but this one and a few of others are kind of beautiful to look at.

IMG_4494.JPG

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Ninjago sets from a 90+ set purchase from a few weeks ago.  No parts or minifigs were missing on these :)  There were also some smaller Ninjago sets and a 9445 is missing 1 minifig.  Thankfully I sold most of the Mega Blok in the lot for $155 to help offset the $175 buy-in.  Next up from this lot are the large Star Wars sets.

22601.jpg

94431.jpg

94441.jpg

94461.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up the UCS Y-Wing this afternoon after work.  Got to say, probably my least favorite build of the UCS series thus far.  The end result is very nice, but being in a near constant state of greebling just isn't very satisfying.  The cockpit portion of the build was nice to see those angles some together, but the rest was less than such.  The fins at the rear kept falling off as well.  Very glad I never spent big money on a 10134 as I'm assuming the build is very similar.  

• Like 1

Finished up the UCS Y-Wing this afternoon after work.  Got to say, probably my least favorite build of the UCS series thus far.  The end result is very nice, but being in a near constant state of greebling just isn't very satisfying.  The cockpit portion of the build was nice to see those angles some together, but the rest was less than such.  The fins at the rear kept falling off as well.  Very glad I never spent big money on a 10134 as I'm assuming the build is very similar.  

The greebling was my complaint with 10030. It wasn’t fun to build.

• 2 weeks later...