What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I built the 6212 X-Wing Fighter today that I bought on EBay recently, 100% complete with box and instructions (~ $35 shipped).

First off, I like the box art that has a pseudo 3-D effect and makes the X-Wing Fighter pop.  It was a fun build with normal repetitiveness of building the wings.  Two features that I really like – 1) how the fuselage connects to the x-wings structure and 2) the gear system that gradually opens and closes the wings into and out of the X-wing formation.  For 2) this system is better IMO than the 9493 X-Wing Fighter system that snaps out of the X-wing formation, which I also own.

DSC01599 - Resized.JPG

DSC01601 - Resized.JPG

The 6212 seems slightly longer than the 9493 (6212 set is on the left in the picture below).  The engines on both are very comparable, with the 9493 being better because of the detail on the guns.  The engine intake, even with the stickers, is better on the 9493 along with the white 1 x 4 tiles on the top of the engines that give them a more finished appearance.

I am glad I bought the 6212 to add to my X-Wing collection that also includes 75102 Poe’s X-Fighter and the 75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter. 

DSC01603 - Resized.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 3

Been slowly getting the parts for the 5004590 bat-pod, which is now complete. I reckon it stands me in about £65 so am gonna build and display it for a while before shifting on as a complete set.

Not a batman fan as such, but i must say I’ve been looking forward to having these last few bits - and if I can build something and double my cost what’s not to like!

6DEE25AF-81EA-44E8-971F-4B2465523B35.jpeg

• Like 7

Today my son built the 2014 version of the City Police Station with no help from me at all that I bought new a few years ago.  It was great to see him take a technology break.  The nerd part of me had to look in the sandwich bag I gave him to put the extra pieces in after he finished and he missed a few pieces.  No worries there because I always seem to miss something when I build too.  Like father, like son!

IMG_20181223_105350644 - Resized.jpg

IMG_20181223_115032973 - Resized.jpg

IMG_20181223_122525846 - Resized.jpg

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 9

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, eliminator said:

Finally built the 75050 B-Wing tonight. Love these minifig-ish scale ships! Why even bother with UCS?

classic dillema with the B-Wing is how to display...the older B-wing set (6208) has the quite awesome hanger stand that can display the B-wing upright; also has the better wing foils (thicker molded pieces); 75050 has the more robust cockpit and foil guns...I ended getting both (used) for my own collection....but that Hanger up-right stand is pretty epic in terms of Lego ingenuity IMO.

• Like 1

Built the much-maligned 75180 Rathtar Escape for my 5 year old tonight.  Actually a clever little build and gotta say, it looks better in person than the box portends.  Son loves gobbling the Guavian dudes up with the Rathtars so can't complain one bit.  Love the Rathtar builds---look very much like the movie when all is said and done. Purchased from the recent Target sale.

• Like 6