What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Today I built the 30023 Lighthouse polybag from 2011 that I BrickLinked the parts for under $3 and built a MOC of the 75125 Star War Series 3 microfighter Resistance X-Wing Fighter to make it look like Poe's X-Wing Fighter.  Those parts cost under $5.  I used the Poe minifigure from set 75012.

IMG_20190209_160523300.jpg

IMG_20190209_160537716.jpg

IMG_20190209_160721333.jpg

IMG_20190209_160801051.jpg

One of the Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 with Stud Notches is not made in orange, so I got the next closest color which is bright light orange to maintain the orange color throughout the body of the fighter.

48183 Color Variations.jpg

My son built the car from 30529 The Lego Movie 2 Mini Master-Building Emmet polybag and showed it to one of our dogs.  The dog, though mildly interested, does not seem all that impressed.  Cats may not even care, or think it is a new toy for them…

IMG_20190209_092443313.jpg

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally built our first Imperial Star Destroyer (6211) that we picked up a while ago on the cheap.  The set was bigger than I expected and larger than the 75055 version. It was a decent build...though there were some difficult parts due to poor printing colors in the instruction books that my kids needed some help figuring out.  

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

• Like 9

We built the 7166 Imperial Shuttle (circa 2001) which we got in a bulk lot a while back but never built or sold. This is my oldest SW build to date, and there were definitely lots of build technique differences between this and the newer shuttle builds. Some similarities as well...especially on the wings. IMG_0104.JPGIMG_0105.JPGIMG_0106.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

20190409_220401.thumb.jpg.d565d9cd939e6c350f0017a6032b2d3b.jpg

Just finished the Tumbler. I built the Batpod a month or so ago (to prepare for the Tumbler)

Very satisfying build; pictures just do not do these sets justice...the Tumbler is MASSIVE and those rear wheels (bigger than the fronts and four of them).

I alread have the Batpod under glass and until I find a suitable covered display, I wrapped the Tumbler in surran wrap...lame (I know), but it's a dust magnet like no other.

• Like 7

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:17 AM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Just finished the Tumbler. I built the Batpod a month or so ago (to prepare for the Tumbler)

Very satisfying build; pictures just do not do these sets justice...the Tumbler is MASSIVE and those rear wheels (bigger than the fronts and four of them).

I alread have the Batpod under glass and until I find a suitable covered display, I wrapped the Tumbler in surran wrap...lame (I know), but it's a dust magnet like no other.

Any CEO would be proud to have it on their desk! Sorry, old inside joke.

Just finished up the new Porsche 911 RSR. This was a really awesome build. I never put up the money for the Orange one. This one is larger than I expected and has a-lot of detail. 2 sticker sheets, but the smallest is pretty much a 2x1 and they're only two of them IIRC. I've recently been getting into the Technic sets more to build myself, I might have to get the Mack truck next.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

• 2 weeks later...

Not a whole lot of building going on yet, but my parents were clearing out the attic and so have reclaimed my childhood Lego. Searched through it last night and found I had all the big castle panels for 6080, so that's going to be the next build. My kids loved the horses and knights.

IMG_20190429_125147_117.jpg

• Like 6