What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Finally got around to building Town Hall.  I thought it was a very fun build, and has some techniques I had never done before, like turning that slope piece upside down to form the underside of the top of floor 2.  Doesn't have a ton of interior, but I liked the Press area with podium, as well as the Mayor's office.  Can't go wrong with the Dark Orange color, either.  Going to look cool with all the other modulars.

Guest eightbrick

Put together an old divers set: 6442 Sting Ray Explorer (http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=6442-1). Beautiful set from a simpler time of Lego, and full of happy memories. I'm hoping to one day buy some sealed sets from the theme.

On the MOCing side of things, I made a pretty rushed hotel a couple nights ago (don't have high expectations if you take a look):

http://community.brickpicker.com/gallery/image/367-beachfront-hotel-warning-amateur-ish-moc/

Guest eightbrick

Sorry for two posts in a row... but today I built a 70702 Warp Stinger. The build used some interesting techniques, but got pretty repetitive and I was disappointedly surprised that the body of the insect/ship is not movable, and neither are the legs. That took a big hit out of playability. Other than that, it was a great, if not unique set, I'll try to do a full review tomorrow.

This week: 7662 MTT, 7675 AT-TE, 20215 Invention Designer, 7185 Dragon's Prison, and 7948 Outpost Attack. Tonight and next week I'll be building most of the Kingdoms Line, Mill Village, King's Castle, etc, as well as a 10240 x-wing that should be here on Tuesday. Busy busy busy.

Just finished 7187 Escape from Dargon's Prison. I like it a lot. The black, brown, and green color scheme is very cool, and it has some really neat building techniques. I especially like the dual sided staircase and all the details on the facade. It always surprises me how big these castles sets are. When you spread out 380 pieces it doesn't seem like the finished model will be all that impressive, but it usually ends up bigger than you hoped it would be.

Built the Batmobile and The Two-Face Chase (6864) while my son played this morning.  I opened up that extra bag #2 I received with my Batcave.  It didn't have the little bag of odds and ends in it, so the extra Poison Ivy doesn't have a head and I had to improvise a little.  I think he'll like it when he wakes up.  I added a closet for his extra suits, an extra baddie holding cell, and a place to park the Batcycle.  Yep, that's Mr. Freeze on the walkway...

bp_1374460917__p1080270_large.jpg

• Like 2

Tonight I finished 7189 Mill Village Raid. I see why it's so popular. It's probably the closest thing to a traditional farm outside of Duplo. You get 3 chickens, 2 goats, a pig and a horse, and they all fit inside the spacious barn, which has a hayloft, stables, and a functioning lift. The windmill has a neat rotating mechanism built of pegs and gears, and it churns out little white bundles of dough in the form of white 1x1 cylinders. It's so cool, the bad guys that came with the set aren't allowed to raid it. Not while it's on my shelf. Oh, and it includes chrome gold coins. Not that trashy pearl gold stuff. So the bad guys really want it. Too bad.

Picked up a used "battle of Endor" set. I've been eyeing one for a while. I built it today with my son and was pleasantly surprised. I had expected most of the value to be in the minifigs, but the AT-ST was very well done (way better than the 1st little one that came with Chewbacca by himself) and the bunker has a neat "exploding wall" play feature using spring loaded pieces. Can't wait to add the Ewok Village eventually!

After gabbing about it, I finally built it: 41006 Downtown Bakery. It's a bit too reminiscent of the City Park Cafe IMO. (Of all the storefronts they could be adding to Heartlake City, why another eatery that also sells cupcakes? I want to see a sushi restaurant or something!) Competition must be pretty stiff in this town! Here's the two sets next to each other:

And here's how they look on the inside:

The City Park Cafe is better thought out. The Downtown Bakery isn't even big enough to hold the oven and the display case. They have to roam around. It's a cute little set. Some of the things I do like about it are the spinning cake display and the buttery yellow plate that's used for the floor. It's the exact color of buttercream frosting.**

The difference in cost is $5. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with 3061 City Park Cafe.

**Edit: Please excuse the bad lighting in my photos...the actual color of that yellow base plate is so much more attractive in person.

Nice little pictorial review, wholovesboo. In that second photo, the Downtown Bakery reminds me of Jill's cake store in Cake Mania: Main Street basically.

cake_mania_main_street_big_1.jpg

I enjoy the colorful look and feel of the Downtown Bakery but it is rather cramped whereas City Park Cafe is more spacious and features a nice appearance. The Bakery is one where I may purchase four to form a completely enclosed store. I can't quite pick just one since each is lovely in their own right.

To agree, I also would like to see some kind of sushi bar. :thumbsup:

Nice little pictorial review, wholovesboo. In that second photo, the Downtown Bakery reminds me of Jill's cake store in Cake Mania: Main Street basically.

cake_mania_main_street_big_1.jpg

I enjoy the colorful look and feel of the Downtown Bakery but it is rather cramped whereas City Park Cafe is more spacious and features a nice appearance. The Bakery is one where I may purchase four to form a completely enclosed store. I can't quite pick just one since each is lovely in their own right.

To agree, I also would like to see some kind of sushi bar. :thumbsup:

LOL there you go with the Cake Mania reference again!

That's a neat idea...turning 4 corner bakeries into an enclosed store. Post some pics if you're able to do it!

I just did a quick Google search for lego sushi. Everything looks depressingly...square. :P

And you gotta use the transparent bricks when making the tuna in the tuna roll