What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

4 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Now it's clear as day. I don't have Destiny's Bounty so I didn't pick up on the obvious clues. Thanks!

Yep , its a MOC of 2 Bountys from a YouTuber called Moc Your Bricks . He does heaps of different ships. My attempt at sails needs another go , but it’s harder than I thought to get them looking  right. Going to try wallpaper next.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Superb.  I wasn't going to get one just quite yet, but as I've still got 10 x 75112's (another set I had high hopes for) I think I'll pop one open and do the same. Loving it... 

Now they need to do a Captain America figure!

Lockwood Estate was a surprisingly fun build.  I'm going to steal that window technique for future MOCs.  I'll end up putting this in my city, I like it arranged like it is with less of a sprawling mansion look left-to-right and more of a Creator Expert modular look.  Thank you Wal-Mart clearance for $64.  I could see why buying several of these would be great for a large MOC given all those light tan colors. I'll probably end up taking off those two brown dinosaur exhibits on the sides. 

20190728_195920.jpg

20190728_195936.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

This is set 10230 with additions. Most of the additional modulars are modified versions of the mini modulars created by "o0ger". They are now sitting on the shelf behind me at work. Now if I only had the time to build my actual modulars.

Did you get those added sets whole or just instructions? I've been seeing those mini-modulars and I want to add them to my set as well.

7 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Did you get those added sets whole or just instructions? I've been seeing those mini-modulars and I want to add them to my set as well.

I had to pick the pieces out of my spares, then bricklink the rest. Many of the pieces from the actual instruction files were using pieces in colors that did not actually exist, so it couldn't be imported into Bricklink. It was a nightmare inventorying the LDD file, and making a Bricklink wanted list, to get everything together to build it.... and somehow the auto instruction generator in LDD was even worse. Most of it was actual building process upside down and parts magically going into the middle of of already built sections.

I looks good in the end, but knowing how much of a pain these little sets were going to be.... I'd probably still do it again.

I built the 487 Space Cruiser after getting many of the parts from BrickLink, minus the pieces such as the LL924 bricks, the white arrow bricks, the forklift piece and Blue Slope with the classic space logo brick among other things, I was able salvage from my old set.  It was a fun and nostalgic build that took me back to my childhood!  

The old pieces were faded from age and most of the replacements pieces are common parts that are fairly easy to find.

I hope that I will be able to find the red and white space minifigures at BrickFair this weekend.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

sc5a.jpg

sc7.jpg

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 6