What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Side question: has anyone tried to build on a suspended platform?

My boy loves trains but they take up too much room for us so he's always forced to dismantle shortly after laying the tracks...I am envisioning a platform of sorts suspended in his bedroom...raised high close to the ceiling when not in use, but able to be lowered for active play...he also can run the trains when raised; I see this in stores all the time; but never in a home setting. 

Side question: has anyone tried to build on a suspended platform?
My boy loves trains but they take up too much room for us so he's always forced to dismantle shortly after laying the tracks...I am envisioning a platform of sorts suspended in his bedroom...raised high close to the ceiling when not in use, but able to be lowered for active play...he also can run the trains when raised; I see this in stores all the time; but never in a home setting. 
Similar setups have been seen in the latest lego documentaries I've watched. What you speak of exists. Build your own. YouToob.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

d7b5902b6fde2fb6401f80851bac53ac.jpg8019dc5e12b3bbb9410c8face5298801.jpg780e6c0155b94dd4c25edee3c90a53ed.jpg

Did some fun oldie-but-goody building the past two days. Broke these out of my storage and rebuilt. Forgot how awesome these were. I’ve ordered replacement stickers for the Red Baron. They had pretty much deteriorated. May need to order some for the Sopwith. In better shape, but still brittle.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 9

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, squeakdigital00 said:

I'm very satisfied with the skyline X

NOICE! 

I think this is the reason why there's such a premium on these sets after-market...I doubt resellers have a "ton" of them so it's really tempting to keep for personal build and collection.  Much more so than the typical nice set.

Is it just the color or does the AFoL sets, in general, have a distinct look about them? (in a good way)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

8097 Slave I

It was part of a bulk lot I bought 4 or 5 years ago.  I put it together probably 3 years ago, and for some reason had it in my head that I was missing a couple of pieces.  Most notably because I had a bag of pieces with "8097" written on it, sitting in with the built ship.

So this weekend I took it apart, and carefully rebuilt it.  Only to discover that it was good to go after all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

8097 Slave I

It was part of a bulk lot I bought 4 or 5 years ago.  I put it together probably 3 years ago, and for some reason had it in my head that I was missing a couple of pieces.  Most notably because I had a bag of pieces with "8097" written on it, sitting in with the built ship.

So this weekend I took it apart, and carefully rebuilt it.  Only to discover that it was good to go after all.

I'm in the exact same boat...got a large used SW lot last year...Death Star, Republic gunship, bunch of other small and medium sets in various levels of completeness...and a Slave I (8097)...my thinking has always been: It's not truly "mine" until I break a set down and built it myself....anyway I broke down most of the sets (Death Star took ages), but couldn't get myself to breakdown the fairly complete looking Slave I...so its sitting on my shelf like an over-due library book...waiting for me to re-build it...or an earthquake so it will fall off the shelf and land on me while sleeping.

Finally finished Welcome to Apocalypseburg (70840), I held myself to one bag per day since it arrived from Walmart. Also had my first wrong/missing piece in a Lego set. But I've already got an order in for a replacement. 6258376 - LEFT SHELL 3X8X2 W/BOW/ANGLE. My almost three year old daughter thinks it's very cool and helped me finish it today, then an hour or so later crashed down onto it so I got to rebuild a section of it already. It was the Lego Movies and having a kid that brought me out of my dark ages so it's appropriate that this is the first really big set I've gotten. I really like the movie sets and vehicles because they are made to be Lego rather than adapting something from Star Wars or Marvel, this one is no exception.

IMG_20190918_230353.thumb.jpg.7e1c52c35616cfcbbe073c48e55b7660.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

[..snip..]

I had purchased a $155 lot that had the first floor, but it arrived smelling like death and cigarettes, so it went back.

[..snip..]

I have had good success washing those kinds of lots in luke-warm water with regular hand soap, and if the smell persists, spraying the bricks with fragrance-free Febreze and then washing again. Had a 4708 Hogwarts Express lot the other day that I kept double-bagged until I had time to wash the bricks, that's how bad the smell was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

I have had good success washing those kinds of lots in luke-warm water with regular hand soap, and if the smell persists, spraying the bricks with fragrance-free Febreze and then washing again. Had a 4708 Hogwarts Express lot the other day that I kept double-bagged until I had time to wash the bricks, that's how bad the smell was.

I thought about it for a bit, and did a bit of research on how to clean it. Once I looked at what actually came on the first floor, and compared it to my spares, I realized there wasn't all that much that I didn't already have. Ended up with less out of pocket total using the spares/bricklink method than the smelly bulk lot.

• Like 1

Bought and built today, which is unusual for me.

75976 - Wrecking Ball

Idk why I got this. I’m blaming the Hamster who is both cute and scary at the same time.

It’s a fun little built and I like the very mech-like way it works and the way the moving parts move. Lots of playability.

E8AFAA3C-FE04-40DF-B35E-661B8000BC81.jpeg

2E20619D-ADE0-4DCB-8762-627FEA266EA4.jpeg

81A429B2-645E-4A8F-97AB-3C8C19A99B11.jpeg

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Bought and built today, which is unusual for me.

75976 - Wrecking Ball

Idk why I got this. I’m blaming the Hamster who is both cute and scary at the same time.

It’s a fun little built and I like the very mech-like way it works and the way the moving parts move. Lots of playability.

Now you need to build Sweet Mayhems EYe Ball Ship to counter this...looks roughly the same size

Thumbs up Alpine..you build the most eclectic mix of LEGO sets posting here

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Now you need to build Sweet Mayhems EYe Ball Ship to counter this...looks roughly the same size

Thumbs up Alpine..you build the most eclectic mix of LEGO sets posting here

Thanks.  Sometimes, it's up to the kids - they have a wide taste in LEGO as well.  It usually just whatever suits me.  There are very few themes where I'll collect *everything* (I think Scooby Doo, Mixels, and BrickHeadz are the only themes where I can say I've gotten everything).  Otherwise, it's just whatever strikes our fancy. We're also working on our Winter Village sets, so definitely a contrast to Overwatch.

Speaking of Overwatch - I've never played it.  Don't really know what it is.  I just liked this little guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, eliminator said:

Brought a few sets into work today that were buried in my stored away collection! Some minor reassembly required for all three sets.

9A642B10-0DBD-4DBE-A30A-E7C85D29AE06.jpeg

Sweet "History of Flight" display. The scale(ish)  mini-builds do so much for the scale of the Apollo.