What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

my son turned seven last week and we spent the last two days building the jabba palace and rancor pit he received for his birthday, while watching return of the jedi, of course! all i can say is that these two sets are very well put together and look great together. lot's of playability, and the rancor is by FAR my new favorite fig. he is much bigger than i expected. great sets!

10187 Volkswagen Beetle. It's a fantastic model, the details are amazing. And I really love the color scheme. Took me 6-7 hours to build it over 3 days. There are some annoyances like the extremely fragile bumpers and stickers (particularly one that goes on 2 separate tiles) but it makes for a fantastic display model. It looks much better than it does in pictures (wasn't much of a fan before having the model in hand) and it's pretty damn big.

Two days go:

UCS Rebel Blockade Runn 10019:

Picked it up on CL for $80 over the weekend. It was jumbled in a box. Wasn't sure if it was complete but I was willing tot take the risk. Ended up missing a few little details most of which I was able to replace from my spare parts collection.

Yesterday I built the following that I got in a very nice used collection for $220 over the weekend as well. Lots more from this collection that I'm working on but this is what I've built so far:

Grand Emporium 10211:

First time building this modular. I've been lucky enough to buy collections that have included other modulars: (2) Market St, (2) Green Grocers, (1) Cafe Corner. All of which I've sold as building and reselling used legos is a good portion of my income and supports my collecting Lego as well (mostly castle & LOTR). Grand Emporium is pretty sweet. Love the inside details including the awesome chandelier and the skylight that allows you to see all the way down to the first floor. Also the revolving door is brilliantly designed. 

City Airport 3182:

Nice construction on the buildings. Pretty simple compared to vintage airports. The Mini figure scaled airplane is what really makes these new airport themed sets awesome. 

Delivery Truck: 3221:

Pretty bland set nothing to get to excited about

Camp 7639: 

Awesome little set. Love the little details and it take me back to my childhood and spending time in my Grandparent's campers

Excited for building the rest of this collection and then back to the 40+ Star wars sets used, minit in box I bought a couple weeks ago! 

Built the TMNT Shellraiser with my son this past weekend.  Fun build and it doesn't fall apart as bad as some of the reviews indicate.  The most problematic feature is the windows, they appear to be the pieces that joggle loose easier than the rest of the vehicle.

I'm a Film Production major in college. I've been starting to collect sets from the old Lego Studios theme. Today I built Temple of Gloom 1355. Eventually, when I get build up enough movie related minifigs, I want to try and MOC an entire studio backlot. 

I'm a Film Production major in college. I've been starting to collect sets from the old Lego Studios theme. Today I built Temple of Gloom 1355. Eventually, when I get build up enough movie related minifigs, I want to try and MOC an entire studio backlot. 

That would be interesting. I can't say I have seen any MOCs that looked like a studio backlot.

Built a bunch of older Harry Potter sets like Hungarian Horntail, original Hogwarts Castle, Snape's Class, Escape from Privot Drive, old Knight Bus, Merpeople, etc.  Getting ready to bunch them up for a nice ebay sale.  Got a bunch of Lego off Craigslist about a week ago, looking to probably triple my money on it, not to mention keep some good stuff from it.  My son was very happy that we're keeping Horntail set, a Buckbeak, original HP troll, plus a bunch of other accessories for his building.

just purchased the Super Star Destroyer.  Had surgery recently and my son and I are going to do this in a few days.  We have been building and displaying our Star Wars UCS.  Looking forward to it other than the death star this will be the biggest set we do. 

Just pieced together the clone wars Republic Attack Gunship 7676 from a bulk purchase I made a while back.

Great build with some cool techniques. Several nice mini builds to add to the detail.

Debating on whether to keep this or sell it, as the new one is supposed to be out soon..