What sets you picking up next double VIP?

herpderp

Nice.....I have 60 LEGO bucks and I'm gonna use it on the Kwik-E-Mart...and will have to skip double points cause I just bought the house (which, surprisingly...I ended up getting 3X points on so I'm not too butthurt about it) I personally think the simpsons house will do best investing wise as many will underestimate it's cult following,  TOO has been out 6 months more than SH...yet many more people claim to own the SH on brickset.....compare the numbers to some other popular sets, it's no schlub, consistently high on purchase list and highly reviwed on amazon as well......... but I'm no investor...I just stick bricks together :)

How did you get 3X points, damaged box?

Guest TabbyBoy

The UK site now has 2x VIP which I thought wasn't until 25MAR. I filled my basket with 5x Sea Cow & 5x Palace Cinema only to decide to not order at the last minute. I really have to stop buying until I've offloaded ALL of my current stock before deciding to start again. I thought about the Red 5 also but, its price is just still too high and it could be a turkey like the B-Wing due to low sales.

The UK site now has 2x VIP which I thought wasn't until 25MAR. I filled my basket with 5x Sea Cow & 5x Palace Cinema only to decide to not order at the last minute. I really have to stop buying until I've offloaded ALL of my current stock before deciding to start again. I thought about the Red 5 also but, its price is just still too high and it could be a turkey like the B-Wing due to low sales.

5x and 5x??? Wouldn't that raise a red flag for banning?

Guest TabbyBoy

5x and 5x??? Wouldn't that raise a red flag for banning?

Not in the UK as no bans here that I know of. I bottled out of the order anyway as I need to be sensible and get rid of all my excess stock first.

Opinions, Tower of Orthanc or Simpsons house and why?

Not looking for someone else to do the work for me, just want to hear what peoples takes are on these two sets in comparison to each other.

I am going to buy one during double VIP but, still undecided on which.

Simpsons, 2014 still have some time before EOL. I would wait.

ToO - I'm not sure about this...as I'm not a fan of LOTR. Still new.

Not looking for someone else to do the work for me, just want to hear what peoples takes are on these two sets in comparison to each other.

This is a tough one, I'm having the same struggle deciding.

Both have huge followings. The ToO is more impressive than the Simpsons house to me but as an investment, the LOTR line hasn't done very well and this is the first wave of the Simpsons line so who knows.

This is a tough one, I'm having the same struggle deciding.

Both have huge followings. The ToO is more impressive than the Simpsons house to me but as an investment, the LOTR line hasn't done very well and this is the first wave of the Simpsons line so who knows.

Simpsons house will end up being bigger winner in long run IMO but both should do well. If we keep getting new simpsons sets this first one will be gold

as for immediate growth soon after EOL ide say ToO .... its walking the plank and will probably have a hard time recovering this 2x points ... SHouse will be around for 2x VIP in Oct.

• Like 2