What sets you picking up next double VIP?

herpderp

as for immediate growth soon after EOL ide say ToO .... its walking the plank and will probably have a hard time recovering this 2x points ... SHouse will be around for 2x VIP in Oct.

The TOO is such a polarizing set.  Some are avoiding it completely.  Others think it will take off.  I have a couple just in case, but I'm heavier on Red Five.  Time will tell which one was the right choice.  They are <speculate>retiring</speculate> around the same time, both with limited and scarce availability over the past month. I think the Star Wars phenomenon will drive Red5 higher than TOO but it could be a good horse race leading up to December. 

I am still debating finally breaking down and getting a Fairground Mixer to collect dust until the Ferris Wheel comes out.

I am worried about this set.  It isn't getting much love other than from the Mixel Wizard.  If the carnival theme takes off, this first set could be a gem, no?

• Like 1

Hey guys, new to lego investing. Been lurking a few days, tons of great info here! One question, if I have a new account on Lego Shop which hasn't reached the purchase limits and tonight I try to buy one of several different exclusives (say 5-6) that shouldn't set off alarms, right? 

Hey guys, new to lego investing. Been lurking a few days, tons of great info here! One question, if I have a new account on Lego Shop which hasn't reached the purchase limits and tonight I try to buy one of several different exclusives (say 5-6) that shouldn't set off alarms, right? 

I think a few people on here have been banned for less sketchy buying behavior.

I am still debating finally breaking down and getting a Fairground Mixer to collect dust until the Ferris Wheel comes out.

That's another one I'm deciding on too. First in the line like the Simpsons house but at a nicer price point. I think the nice thing about the mixer and that carnival theme is it can be incorporated into other themes ie. the modulars. Where as the Simpsons is more of a stand alone line.

as for immediate growth soon after EOL ide say ToO .... its walking the plank and will probably have a hard time recovering this 2x points ... SHouse will be around for 2x VIP in Oct.

I like this answer. I want both but I would hope think that ToO would act similar to say, the Harry Potter sets when that movie/book series ended. Hope.

Do you guys think the death star from LEGO Shop at Home in the original manfacturer box is generally always safe to damage or better to pick one up in store and inspect though they may only have 1-5 and they may not have the original boxes.

I am leaning to LEGO Shop at Home?

I've never had a damaged DS from LEGO Shop at Home (25 over the past few years)

• Like 1

Do you guys think the death star from LEGO Shop at Home in the original manfacturer box is generally always safe to damage or better to pick one up in store and inspect though they may only have 1-5 and they may not have the original boxes.

I am leaning to LEGO Shop at Home?

When I picked up a couple Red Fives today they had to pull like 6 or 7 down off the shelf before I finally found two I was happy with.  I can't imagine the Death Stars are in better shape unless they keep them sealed in the carton in the back.

Full disclaimer: I ordered a DS off Shop at Home tonight.

(edited for spelling mistake)

Edited by BrickLegacy
  • Like 1

My own PC for my own peace of mind. I don't mind missing a potential winner (which at least right now I think this isn't), because there is always a next opportunity. But that isn't going to work for a set you want for yourself. From now on I am not that bothered anymore by all that chit chat about the PC here. That is what makes it worth.

On the other hand, since it is backordered I will now have to check on the order every couple of hours. What have I done?