Walmart stock?

outatime

Hi All

Walmart stock on anything exclusive or even sets over $100 is non existent right now, is this a time of the year thing whilst they restock or am I missing something?   Sorry if its a newbie question.    I managed to get some Delorean's and T1's with my employ discount before Thanksgiving and was hoping to pick up some other bits but apart from the Ecto, Sea Cow and a modular the websites empty.   Infact shelves of normal stock at my WM was empty too, thought almost a month xmas they would have restocked already.

Thanks

Stu

this year definitely feels like things are more out of stock to me at walmart and target. and there are no national retailer deals. 

a year ago this week walmart had great deals on SSD, HH, AA TB with gift cards and they were all in stock for a couple of weeks and even months in some cases .  granted these sets except for TB are gone but still i don't see many other exclusive sets in stock at walmart that we expect to retire in the next 6 months unlike last year.

GE, TH, PS, PC  - all easily obtained from target, walmart tru last year at this time.  this year can't even keep PS or PC in stock at target even with a 40% bump over msrp.

also the space allocated to lego at walmart and target stores by me has been reduced by 25-50% and they can't even keep that stocked - the exception being Friends which is always completely stocked.  walmarts near me still have downtown bakery, heartlake high, olivias house and pet salon in stock with no discounts.

maybe some of this is the brickpicker effect but i wonder if there is something else going on in the supply distribution chain?

Edited by cladner

this year definitely feels like things are more out of stock to me at walmart and target. and there are no national retailer deals. 

a year ago this week walmart had great deals on SSD, HH, AA TB with gift cards and they were all in stock for a couple of weeks and even months in some cases .  granted these sets except for TB are gone but still i don't see many other exclusive sets in stock at walmart that we expect to retire in the next 6 months unlike last year.

GE, TH, PS, PC  - all easily obtained from target, walmart tru last year at this time.  this year can't even keep PS or PC in stock at target even with a 40% bump over msrp.

also the space allocated to lego at walmart and target stores by me has been reduced by 25-50% and they can't even keep that stocked - the exception being Friends which is always completely stocked.  walmarts near me still have downtown bakery, heartlake high, olivias house and pet salon in stock with no discounts.

maybe some of this is the brickpicker effect but i wonder if there is something else going on in the supply distribution chain?

Well said I think so

There are major delays at the ports. The number of containers to be offloaded has doubled in the past year according to a member of the dock workers on the news. Both labor and mgmt are accusing the other side of deliberately slowing down productivity. I think there are like 20+ Maersk EEE type ships queued up at any given time, just waiting in line to offload. I would assume there are some containers with Lego stuck on a few of these ships.

https://www.airandsurface.com/blog/tag/port-congestion/

There are major delays at the ports. The number of containers to be offloaded has doubled in the past year according to a member of the dock workers on the news. Both labor and mgmt are accusing the other side of deliberately slowing down productivity. I think there are like 20+ Maersk EEE type ships queued up at any given time, just waiting in line to offload. I would assume there are some containers with Lego stuck on a few of these ships.https://www.airandsurface.com/blog/tag/port-congestion/

Doesn't US Lego come through Mexico on truck?

The port is evident on all other toys at target but I would think little Lego comes through the port and Denmark ships I would think go to east coast ports

No idea just guesses on my part