75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

Thousand piece AT-AT set releases are on a fairly consistent 3-4 year cycle.  2003-2007-2010-2014.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/search.cfm?searchterm=AT-AT

2017 would be the earliest we "should" see another release and with the new movies coming out maybe they give the old sets a little longer time out to pasture.

This set is second largest AT-AT and only 1 piece smaller than the motorized AT-AT by piece count.

Given the upcoming movie release schedule, if we get lucky with no new AT-AT until 2018, 75054 should do pretty well.  

Wild card is if we get a UCS AT-AT which i kind of am hoping for.

I have 10 to sell before xmas 2017.   I wish i had 5 more but i'm saving up for black friday brick towers.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

I just finished building this one today. I got it used so, it was a disaster trying to build. I liked it. I did not love the building experience, but I liked it.

I honestly wonder if the upcoming movie release schedule will disrupt any previously established re-release schedule of sets. If the AT-AT is featured in Rogue One, will we see it make a return next year? Will it be the 75105 of 2016?

I have 3 ways of looking at it:

Theory 1: People have limited resources and Lego and Disney want to have them focus on the rebels and new movie sets at a similar price point - Kylo, X wing, 1st order etc. Have you noticed how few OT and EP1-3 sets there are available now that are not exclusives?

Theory 2: They are clearing the boards to prepare for remakes and UCS versions for 2016.

Theory 3: Combination of 1 and 2 - maybe as ISD features in the new movie, they will remake it updated as per 75105

3 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Pretty sad that I missed it in store. I guess I should have gone to the mall at 6. They did still have a couple B-Wings and Pirate chess sets, but those are hollow succor when you are hoping for an AT-AT.

The AT-AT is sold out in the US? Here it's still widely available at discount:

----> http://www.brickwatch.net/en/set/75054/AT-AT.html

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I saw that Amazon went back up to full price. IIRC the Falcon did the same thing last year before it went bye bye.

Amazon.de still has the AT-AT and ISD on sale. I'm awaiting other stores to hike up the price again to MSRP and keep a close eye on Amazon Germany.

Doesn't this set contain the only senior imperial officer to actually win a battle in the OT?  That alone has to put it to 2 x MRSP after EOL :)
Although he did grass up admiral Ozzel to Vader...

On a more serious note when the full Disney hype machine gets in motion once the new film is out I expect this one to do well in the short term. Great looking set and one i think will be sort after by new AFOLs over the next few years.  Unless a UCS AT-AT comes out of course.  Been sitting on the sidelines for a while now in terms of investing but this could be the first set i go deep on :)

34 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Real,- in Germany currently offers 75054 for 95€ (available both online and offline). Maybe Amazon will lower its price further.

95 Euro is a decent price, but many got this set for around 80 or some even for 72 Euro. I have 10 for an average of 78,50 Euro and guess Next XMAS they can be unloaded at 200 Euro, if we are lucky even more...

3 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

Real,- in Germany currently offers 75054 for 95€ (available both online and offline). Maybe Amazon will lower its price further.

It hasn't been available online since 9:00 AM this morning and I haven't seen one in a physical store in months....

Edited by TigerG

3 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

Amazon.de won't lower its price any further until the 10 euro discount codes loose validity. 

I am waiting for a nice deal on amazon.de so I can use the coupon. But the deals are only to be found on amazon.fr and it. Unfortunately. 

25 minutes ago, TigerG said:

It hasn't been available online since 9:00 AM this morning and I haven't seen one in a physical store in months....

It has to be available again because it's in the advertising leaflet for next week (11/30 to 12/06). I would assume these weekly leaflets aren't a local thing only but that they're distributed nationwide.