75093 - Death Star Final Duel

KShine

It's cool but i wonder why they didn't add more "connecting" parts? For example, walkway between the three windows or walkways coming from the outer windows going back towards the other end of the set? You know, where Vader throws the lightsaber at Luke? A few more of the black and blue "consoles" would have been cool too. I bet you could mod this into a very cool set but for the price, i think it should have had more to it.

I agree, with the figs, they could probably get $50.  I think $40 would be reasonable though.  I mean after seeing the Darkseid set be $70 (which is absurd), I guess $50 is possible.  Rancor pit is and there's not much to that set either.  I was also thinking it was around 300 pieces but I guess we'll find out soon enough.  Not a huge deal either way.  

• 4 months later...

It`s a decent set, not like Mon Calimari or Palpatines Arrest, though the resemblance is uncanny. Some great minifigures (not big on the Imperial Gaurd lightsabers though). Lightning for Palpatine, which is great, and of course required for a set like this. Good looking set for the price point IMHO, captures the look well enough and does have some playability. I do think for $90CDN and $80USD it`s a bit more than ideal, could be less, but that`s nit-picking. All in all not bad. 

Anyone confirm that is the same emperor as the book?  Was going to get the book but if they are the same, rather just get this set.

​I think so, just looking at the 2 side-by-side with images from the web, they appear to be identical. Double-sided head as well, and the printing appears the same. After a couple minutes of looking, yeah I`d say they are the same. 

Edited by @rtisan