Wal Mart Mobile App

Migration

Haha. I just want to know how to get the in store price when buying for store pickup with the app or mobile site. Some say it can't be done. Others do it all the time. It seems the people who can do it use iPhone. I have android. Maybe that is the problem. I can't buy anything from the mobile site at all. From any browser, computer or phone. Gives me system unavailable message

Ok. I tried to reproduce this so bare with me.

1. on your phone (or desktop) go to m dot walmart dot com

2. search for lego 60052 (or other) you'll have to scroll down to find it.

3. click on it. It will say out of stock online.

4. then click "pick up in store" (big orange button)

5. you should see stores near you with pricing listed.

And when I click add to cart for any of them it gives me an error message

Walmart doesn't use the Lego catalog #s, so you'd have to search by title.

I'm using an older version of the Android app on a BlackBerry, here is my process.

Use the app to find the product, you're interested in.

Under store availability, select "more stores".

Search the area you want and it brings up a list of the stores with their price. -> I now know where the product should be.

Switch to the mobile website.

Find the product.

Select more stores.  Search for the store where you know it is supposed to be.

Add to cart from that list. -> It should show up in the cart for the in store price.

Checkout and wait for cancellation or pickup confirmation.

"We're sorry the system is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

And when I click add to cart for any of them it gives me an error message

Not trying to pick on you, but this seems specific to your setup.  I assume you have tried clearing everything out of your phone browser and desktop browser.  I assume in your phone browser settings you can select desktop or mobile?  Have you tried switching all that stuff up, just to see if you can get a different outcome?

I've had some luck purchasing with the iOS walmart app lately.

Find your item

Tap "store availability"

It'll show a list of stores and in-store pricing

If in stock, tap the orange button "Place Order & Pick Up Today"

Login

Check out

if you interrupt the process and go somewhere else in the app and then back to your cart, it will revert to online prices. Like I haven't been able to adjust quantity or add anything else to the cart. But if you checkout right away it keeps the clearance price. Or it's working for me anyway.

I'm using an older version of the Android app on a BlackBerry, here is my process.

Use the app to find the product, you're interested in.

Under store availability, select "more stores".

Search the area you want and it brings up a list of the stores with their price. -> I now know where the product should be.

Switch to the mobile website.

Find the product.

Select more stores.  Search for the store where you know it is supposed to be.

Add to cart from that list. -> It should show up in the cart for the in store price.

Checkout and wait for cancellation or pickup confirmation.

Not trying to pick on you, but this seems specific to your setup.  I assume you have tried clearing everything out of your phone browser and desktop browser.  I assume in your phone browser settings you can select desktop or mobile?  Have you tried switching all that stuff up, just to see if you can get a different outcome?

Yes I even downloaded a brand new version of chrome on my home computer and tried it and still same issue. There was nothing to clear at that point, it was all fresh. Yeah I messed with all the phone browser settings too. I give up, lol

After having lots of trouble I finally managed to find a $99 cargo train available for pick up.  The way to go is the mobile site and then check for stores near you.  I had trouble changing my location to ones around my parents.  Also searching for lego cargo train placed it on the third page.  The best way to search on walmart is to have walmart product number for example the train is 552611346 for people still looking for that.

In honor of mscheafs and my own inability to figure out Wal Marts mobile app can someone who understands it please provide step by step instructions on how it works? It would be nice to have both Apple and Android instructions here and out of the DD thread.

I responded to him 20 minutes after he asked on Saturday here:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/13281-daily-lego-deals-2715/?p=417862

Now that I read it I can see where it can be confusing to someone that hasn't done it. Perhaps Hxcd can do a GoToMeeting or better yet Ufema can do one of his Awesome videos.

Edited by Pseudoty

It must be my account. This time I didn't sign in, I just checked out as guest and I was able to get the store clearance price with the mobile site.

Edit: ONCE, lol. Now I can no longer check out as quest even after clearing all cookies and temp files and everything. Man I hate this site. WM's IT dept should be drug out into the street and shot. I can't believe that button literally vanished before my eyes. Thought I had this figured out. Nope, back to not working 100% of the time.

Edited by mscheaf

Somehow the Walmart mobile site knows it is me even after I clear all data and cookies and everything. I even tried private browsing mode. It still shows my items in my cart. That is scary. It will not let me check out as guest anymore as it KNOWS it is me.

Maybe they heard you were running them down on BP and decided to ban you.

• 3 months later...

It seems that the pickup in store with clearance/instore price no longer works.  I tried different browsers and can't get it to work.  It worked for me before.  Anyone want to chime in?

​I haven't tried lately, but with the last go round of the Milano and Benny's Spacehip, the sets had to be OOS online to get the clearance price to show up on the app.

Anything particular you're looking at, I can give it a try.

• Like 1

It seems that the pickup in store with clearance/instore price no longer works.  I tried different browsers and can't get it to work.  It worked for me before.  Anyone want to chime in?

​This functionality has been intermittent over the past 2 years...it comes and goes without any seeming rhyme or reason...at least for me.

Edited by Pacific493

Don't know, I could never get it to work once. When I asked for help I was just told what an idiot I was basically.  Good luck!

​I haven't tried lately, but with the last go round of the Milano and Benny's Spacehip, the sets had to be OOS online to get the clearance price to show up on the app.

Anything particular you're looking at, I can give it a try.

​Yea, if that is the case, then it makes sense since Milano is in stock online for $63 and it shows $35 in store.  I'm trying to get it on the way of a 4 hour drive tonight in NY without going around the store looking for it.  It happened to me once that they had the 7965 MF in the back so I spent too much time looking on the floor.  It'll be more convenient if they reserve it on a pick up order for me.

• 6 months later...