Northern California

Robb

all the Lego stores up there are in the surrounding cities- San Mateo (south of SF, in Silicon Valley), Santa Clara (even more south, near San Jose), and Pleasanton (East Bay). There's also a Lego Store in Sac if I'm not mistaken. None in Oakland or SF, kind of like there are none in LA County (unless you were to count Topanga in SFV)

Thanks for the reply. I did see all those stores on the map. I'm asking, are any of those stores special? Big? Fancier than most LEGO stores?

That I don't know, as I've never been. Are you from SoCal? I don't think any of the LA area stores were especially big except for Downtown Disney of course. I'm surprised there's not a location in Santa Monica or the Grove- I used to live on the Westside and had to go to Glendale for my Lego fix...

That I don't know, as I've never been. Are you from SoCal? I don't think any of the LA area stores were especially big except for Downtown Disney of course. I'm surprised there's not a location in Santa Monica or the Grove- I used to live on the Westside and had to go to Glendale for my Lego fix...

No, I'm from sac. The sac store is not special at all in my opinion, they don't even have a huge build from TLG, whereas the TRU in Roseville has a 6 foot tall clone trooper at least. I guess it will be a non-LEGO trip unless we drive right by one. Thanks guys.

The Santa Clara mall, Westfield Vally Fair, is huge. Has a good Lego store. Worth the drive if you're looking for such things. Easy to get to from I280 if you're driving down from SF, avoids the parking lot known as the 101.

thanks, that's probably too far south for this trip though. I'll try and remember it for the future

From the Westside. That explains the SFV hate. lol.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
21 minutes ago, Robb said:

Do any of you operate near Roseville?

Closest I ever get to Roseville is Sacramento for the LEGO store and Toysrus right next door. A LEGO store in the Galleria would be nice, but I doubt LEGO would do it with the Sacramento one being so close. 

6 minutes ago, emmers said:

Closest I ever get to Roseville is Sacramento for the LEGO store and Toysrus right next door. A LEGO store in the Galleria would be nice, but I doubt LEGO would do it with the Sacramento one being so close. 

A store in the Galleria would be crazy! They are idiotic for not doing it. Close the one in Arden, or don't. It would be a cash cow and I don't know how they don't know it.

10 minutes ago, Robb said:

A store in the Galleria would be crazy! They are idiotic for not doing it. Close the one in Arden, or don't. It would be a cash cow and I don't know how they don't know it.

They could likely use both. Every time I'm at the Arden store they are always sold out of most of the exclusives. Last time there were 0 Star wars, no tumblers, Helicarriers, Simpsons house, quik-e-mart, Tower Bridge, or Ferris wheels. I then head over to the Pleasanton store and they have everything in stock. The Arden store is either the red headed step child or getting hit so hard that they never have stock. 

6 minutes ago, emmers said:

They could likely use both. Every time I'm at the Arden store they are always sold out of most of the exclusives. Last time there were 0 Star wars, no tumblers, Helicarriers, Simpsons house, quik-e-mart, Tower Bridge, or Ferris wheels. I then head over to the Pleasanton store and they have everything in stock. The Arden store is either the red headed step child or getting hit so hard that they never have stock. 

I think the ladder. It's the only store in the 4th largest metro area in California and it's in a dumb spot the rich people with kids are mostly in Roseville and Folsom.

26 minutes ago, Robb said:

this entire area is bone dry of LEGO. I made a clearance run last week and came up completely dry. I went to about 10 Target/Walmart and none of them had anything to clearance.

I think you might have went a week too late.  The week after Christmas I was able to find The Mine 21118 for 50% off, Brick Bounty 70413 for 30% off at various Targets (Madison and Elk Grove).  Got The Mine  30% off at Walmart (Bruceville), but passed on the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium at $74(Natomas).  Kinda regretting passing on the shuttles now...

22 minutes ago, roninsou said:

I think you might have went a week too late.  The week after Christmas I was able to find The Mine 21118 for 50% off, Brick Bounty 70413 for 30% off at various Targets (Madison and Elk Grove).  Got The Mine  30% off at Walmart (Bruceville), but passed on the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium at $74(Natomas).  Kinda regretting passing on the shuttles now...

the only one of those i would of bought would of been brick bounty. but you're right in the roseville, folsom, citrus heights area none of those were there. I sorta skipped the first week except in roseville because i live there. I was hopeing some sets had survived for the second week, but I guess not. With a TRU restock and TRUTH you should be able to get Imperial Shuttle Tydirium for $74 again. However the ship has sailed for Brick Bounty.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...