Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just noticed something curious in my brickfolio splash page. If I look at the value of my brickfolio over the course of the past 5 months, I can see a steady increase in the Brickfolio Value graph as I purchased sets in the fall, and then a steady decline in value from December onward as I stopped buying and started selling for the holidays. This indicates the quantity of sets, and their associated values, were updating and changing as I went. 

But then if you look at the Number of Sets graph.... I have a flat line reading of 858 sets for all of the above mentioned months. My current set count is reading 858. Is 858 the correct number of my current collection (without having to go and do a physical inventory?). Any insight into what's going on? Are others seeing this same thing? 

@Jeff Mack

Edited by Zelgazra

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jeff Mack said:

I just added a few and no error.  Did you include currency simple or something odd in one of the form boxes that it was unhappy about?

It didn't let me search for a set to add.  I tried to add the minifig factory and got the error.  I will try again.  Might just be my work computer.

1 minute ago, mauro23 said:

Try to add 5005358...

Yep, that was the one lol.

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/2/2016 at 7:20 PM, CyberLogic said:

Set 60001 has many issues in the Brickfolio.

1. It does not have a set name in the name, only a set number.

2. It's not in the proper section City/Fire.  Instead it's in no section at all.

3. The set value reads as 0.00 in brickfolio even though it shows as $10.40 on actual page.

4. The set does NOT show up in your brickfolio after adding it.  You can search for it but the engine will never find the entry you added, however you total set count will still go up by 1!  This makes it so after you add it you can't remove it or modify the entry in any way.

Please fix. :)

On 7/3/2016 at 6:40 PM, Jeff Mack said:

Both of these issues should be fixed

Hi Jeff.  I've Identified this same issue in another set, wondering if you can fix it as well.  The set number is 5004195-1.  You can add it to your brickfolio and it makes the total set count go up but then is does not ever shown in your brickfolio.  Due to this my set count is way off as I've added this set a few times now and have no way to edit/remove it since it's not visible in the folio.  Please fix if you can.  Thanks!  

Added 5000215-1: HARRY POTTER: BUILDING THE MAGICAL WORLD

Added ISBN0756682576-1: LEGO HARRY POTTER: BUILDING THE MAGICAL WORLD

Both books have been added to my inventory (the set counter increased) but they cannot be found in my inventory anymore...

The same happened one year ago when I have added one holiday set, but I don't know which one anymore. 

It looks like the problem exists for several sets...

I must correct myself, the second one is visible. But the first one has disappeared in the Nirvana...

Edited by mauro23

• 2 weeks later...

Please change 4000026 Lego House Tree of Creativity from Promotional to Miscellaneous (?). It's not a gift (promotional) set but a set sold at the LEGO Store inside the LEGO House in Billund.

Also the standard price for it is 599 DKK which roughly translates to EUR 81 and GBP 70 and US$ 95 (at current exchange rate).

Link: https://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=4000026-1

On 5/18/2018 at 5:54 PM, cuttingcorners47 said:

Mine is stuck too but maybe it just needs time to adjust. Curious as well. 

Just read the whole thread, brickfolio values are updated every 3 to 4 months.  Just the way it is. If you want current values a quick perusal of sold listing on eBay will get you there, or camelcamelcamel for Amazon.

Its a free resource for you to gather loads of information to make money from selling toys.  At the same time learning to buy smart for your own collection and being aware of the bigger world.  Building your portfolio in a tool would for your own use of the data. If you don't find that data useful, then don't do it.  Not sure what you were expecting, since the values are averages anyway.  I just get 20% or more for sets over what the brickfolio says.  Its a general gauge of trends.  I have maainatained a six figure portfolio for many years and its been extremely useful.  

• Like 3

@mauro23, please relax, be patient. Good things come to this se that wait. A new Brickpicker will rise like a Phoenix and fix many of the current issues that have plagued the site for years.

@waddamn, thank you for the feedback. I am glad it is still helping you even in its current state. You will appreciate the improvements.

I will try and get the data updated very soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick issue I wanted to bring up.

I tried entering (x3) 75932 - Jurassic Park Velociraptor Chase and it said successful.... but the math was way off. I bought each one for $33 and change and I entered x3, and then brickfolio told me I entered a total of $30, when it should've been $109 haha

Also... I then try to find those 3 sets in my portfolio and they aren't there. Even though I got a "success" message when adding.

I tried adding a different set and everything worked fine, so I figure it something with this specific Jurassic World Set?

Anyways, just wanted to give you a heads up! :)

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

What's happening with the Brickfolio prices at the moment, a load of my sets have suddenly no value and they're not necessarily new sets which wouldn't have enough sales info yet.

Can you give me an example of a few set numbers?

7 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Can you give me an example of a few set numbers?

Lot of promo sets, but a few big sets too, like DB, the FO star destroyer and the FO Heavy Assault Walker.

4 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

No rush, was just odd to see so many zeros.

On the plus side good to see that the Lego Movie Batman Pod is worth €89 each ?

I am sure there is a listing or two stuck in there, i will check that one out as well.