Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Lot of promo sets, but a few big sets too, like DB, the FO star destroyer and the FO Heavy Assault Walker.

Also 0 value euros:

Edited by Val-E

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, CyberLogic said:

Hi Jeff.  I've Identified this same issue in another set, wondering if you can fix it as well.  The set number is 5004195-1.  You can add it to your brickfolio and it makes the total set count go up but then is does not ever shown in your brickfolio.  Due to this my set count is way off as I've added this set a few times now and have no way to edit/remove it since it's not visible in the folio.  Please fix if you can.  Thanks!  

Hi Jeff, just checking to see if you were able to look into this set that isn't showing up in brickfolio's once added.  

• 3 months later...

Hello there,

I tried finding this in FAQs but can't seem to locate an answer. I was wondering if there was a way to include MSRP for your sets as a column, or if I can somehow import MSRP, or even set my "Purchase Price" to MSRP. I know BrickSet maintains this data, can it be carried over when you import your collection from Brickset? Or is there some other way to do this aside from manually?

Appreciate the help and love the site!

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2016 at 9:11 PM, midbenne said:

Is there a way that I am not seeing to record sale price in the brickfolio? If not, might that be something worth adding to the DB so that it could be stored by users? Doesn't that really improve the overall functionality of brickfolio? I mean (and I am not trying to sound snarky at all) doesn't all that sales data make it worthwhile to have it, then imagine tying that into your set pricing index...those would be real sale values tracked from within your own site...so value added to user and value added to the admins. Just some thoughts, maybe I am just missing the sell for price but figured I would mention something as it's not very apparent if it's there at all. Thanks again for the hard work here...

On 5/25/2016 at 9:23 PM, gregpj said:

You're not missing it... it's not there. It has been requested numerous time though. :)

Is the "record sold item feature" now available in Brickfolio?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone has other suggestions, it would be great to hear.

Would it be possible to scrape box sizes for the sets and add that to the fields in the "Export to Excel" function? I'm sure it's much more difficult than it sounds.

My Brickolio is the only organizational source for what I actually have. It would be awesome to sort through set sizes on an Excel sheet to quantify orders for boxes I need, rather than trying to account for all the different sizes manually.

I'm sure this is tougher than it sounds.

2 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Would it be possible to scrape box sizes for the sets and add that to the fields in the "Export to Excel" function? I'm sure it's much more difficult than it sounds.

My Brickolio is the only organizational source for what I actually have. It would be awesome to sort through set sizes on an Excel sheet to quantify orders for boxes I need, rather than trying to account for all the different sizes manually.

I've never used the brickfolio (so I am uncertain as to all the details avail). But if you have an excel spreadsheet of the sets, and you download a file of the measurements (bricklink) - you can just use a lookup formula in excel.

Edited by KShine
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

How do you file your taxes?  This doesn't make sense that you don't have any other organizational tool, like everything in excel for starters?

4 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

How do you file your taxes?  This doesn't make sense that you don't have any other organizational tool, like everything in excel for starters?

I have records of everything in Excel. I just don't have box sizes listed  for every set that is easily sortable. I'm too lazy to look up very set and manually add it.

Financial bookkeeping is quite different than what I'm asking about. I'm not even sure the correlation.

Edited by iahawks550

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NativeTexan said:

Question.....  How do you get Brickfolio to update to the most recent month in the summary screen?

New Member... I created a Brickfolio back in December.   Added a couple of items in both January and February.  The charts are only showing Nov to Dec. time frame.

You can’t. It’s an auto update. Usually a couple month lag time. It’s a tremendous amount of work/time to do the data pulls, crunch the numbers and validate the results.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to determine if it possible to upload the 100 LEGO Stores (NA) Promo MInifigure to the Brickfolio?  I've been trying to search for references to and I'm not sure if there's a number assigned to it?  

I also noticed a conflict with 41635 Lucy Brickheadz and 41635 The Simpsons Brickheadz.  The Simpsons should be 41632 but also keeps showing up as 41635.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, TANV said:

Has anyone been able to determine if it possible to upload the 100 LEGO Stores (NA) Promo MInifigure to the Brickfolio?  I've been trying to search for references to and I'm not sure if there's a number assigned to it?  

I also noticed a conflict with 41635 Lucy Brickheadz and 41635 The Simpsons Brickheadz.  The Simpsons should be 41632 but also keeps showing up as 41635.

100STORES-1: 100 Stores minifigure

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Problem:

When I delete a set from my brickfolio it does not get deleted. It remains in my brickfolio.

Can you please look into this?

Thanks in advance.

I've been having the same issue for about a week. It will update if you only adjust the quantity, but if you want to delete an item entirely it won't take it out. I've just been adjusting those items to "0" quantity to keep my records accurate to my spreadsheets. I figure it will be corrected at some point and I can delete the "0" quantity items then.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 10:20 AM, Heartbleed said:

Hello there,

I tried finding this in FAQs but can't seem to locate an answer. I was wondering if there was a way to include MSRP for your sets as a column, or if I can somehow import MSRP, or even set my "Purchase Price" to MSRP. I know BrickSet maintains this data, can it be carried over when you import your collection from Brickset? Or is there some other way to do this aside from manually?

Appreciate the help and love the site!

Thanks! 

Any more thoughts on this? If it's difficult to do, I understand. But it would be incredibly nice to have this in comparison to price paid. I realize I could do it manually on the spreadsheet, and it will do it if I need to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 11:49 AM, terrymc4677 said:

I've been having the same issue for about a week. It will update if you only adjust the quantity, but if you want to delete an item entirely it won't take it out. I've just been adjusting those items to "0" quantity to keep my records accurate to my spreadsheets. I figure it will be corrected at some point and I can delete the "0" quantity items then.

32 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Same thing with sets not deleting.

Looking into it now .

Update: Should be working now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've added several sets to my brickfolio collection since the first of the year but none of them are showing up. If I understand it, based on other responses, there is an auto-update that will add them? If this is correct, when will this occur? I track everything on an excel spreadsheet but also track it here for the analysis features. I've not added any for a couple months since the database isn't updating.

46 minutes ago, Phred62 said:

Hello, I've added several sets to my brickfolio collection since the first of the year but none of them are showing up. If I understand it, based on other responses, there is an auto-update that will add them? If this is correct, when will this occur? I track everything on an excel spreadsheet but also track it here for the analysis features. I've not added any for a couple months since the database isn't updating.

Can you list the sets you are having issues with?