75052 - Mos Eisley Cantina

glenbart

9 hours ago, Val-E said:

Chit chat over at Eurobricks about a Cantina remake for 2018 - apparently due to a leaked pic of a Cantina barista minifig. If that´s true, then another B Wing can´t be far off.

Wouldn’t a new Cantina be for the Solo movie.  
I can’t see that movie passing without at least a hat tip to Mos Eisley. 

2 hours ago, feed said:

Wouldn’t a new Cantina be for the Solo movie.  
I can’t see that movie passing without at least a hat tip to Mos Eisley. 

The Solo movie could indeed very well end with Han and Chewy being stuck at Mos Eisley to get repairs done. Similarly how Rogue One ended right where A New Hope started. That would be an excellent reason to do a new Mos Eisley Cantina set, though without the Dewback minifig and other details. It would be a different angle at the Cantina for sure.

• Like 1

The Solo movie could indeed very well end with Han and Chewy being stuck at Mos Eisley to get repairs done. Similarly how Rogue One ended right where A New Hope started. That would be an excellent reason to do a new Mos Eisley Cantina set, though without the Dewback minifig and other details. It would be a different angle at the Cantina for sure.

I hope not, Solo will be 15 years earlier.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Val-E said:

Chit chat over at Eurobricks about a Cantina remake for 2018 - apparently due to a leaked pic of a Cantina barista minifig. If that´s true, then another B Wing can´t be far off.

This figure looks exactly like a custom "bootlego" figure available from China. Either bogus bricks got ahold of the figure design early, or someone just snapped a picture of the bootleg figure they purchased and put it next to real figures to start a rumor.

Also see a bootleg of Ponda Baba from the Cantina scene. So either they got their hands on the upcoming models, or they're just pumping out figures that don't exist yet to corner a market before LEGO creates them.

image.png.4c69ff192dbbdf7ce5d43035a89cf34e.png

Either way the Cantina was a dud and a remake would just continue its tumble to nothingness. My buy in was $40 and I sold them all last year. Doubled my investment after fees... but I was expecting much more from this guy.

Edited by brickvoyeur