Toys R US Canada - 20% off Superheroes, Agents, Hobbit, TMNT (Yawn)

gregpj

Haven't used to cineplex coupon lately, think it will still work on these?

If so %20+ $10 off some of those Super Hero sets will be decent.

Hmm...maybe the Lonely Mountain will be 20% off? Even if so, I'm not sure that's enough to sway me...

I'm very wary myself of anything LOTR/Hobbit now, but %20 + $10 coupon (if it works) might be the best price we've seen to date on it. Walmart has them at $120? but they might go lower, if you can find a location that has them that is...

Yawn!!??

I'm pretty excited about a few of the SH sets. I doubt that the recently retired sets are going to last long. I checked stock of some of the ones I would want to target and numbers are pretty limited. I'd guess they will be gone quickly. With some crafty planning you can get 35-40% off just retired sets - I'm salivating, not yawning. At any rate, more for me!

Yawn!!??

I'm pretty excited about a few of the SH sets. I doubt that the recently retired sets are going to last long. I checked stock of some of the ones I would want to target and numbers are pretty limited. I'd guess they will be gone quickly. With some crafty planning you can get 35-40% off just retired sets - I'm salivating, not yawning. At any rate, more for me!

Until I see the new sets are also 20%, yep, I'm yawning. My storage space is bursting at the seams, so maybe I'm just convincing myself the sale stinks.. :)

Really though, I'm waiting for a great sale on Technic. My TRUs are loaded with sets that have just been retired in the UK but at full Canadian MSRP + 13% I can't bite (9398 is $282 after taxes).

Until I see the new sets are also 20%, yep, I'm yawning. My storage space is bursting at the seams, so maybe I'm just convincing myself the sale stinks.. :)

Really though, I'm waiting for a great sale on Technic. My TRUs are loaded with sets that have just been retired in the UK but at full Canadian MSRP + 13% I can't bite (9398 is $282 after taxes).

Agreed - my storage area is pretty full, too, but SH sets aren't that big. I think the Daily Bugle, Tumbler Chase, Ice Batman and Spider Cycle chase look like solid bets. I won't grab any of the 2014 sets yet as I don't have the room and I don't want to tie the capital up, but I do think there are some deals to be had.

Just an FYI in case you were looking for ideas - I used the Crayola crayons .99 pack to get my $39.99 order over the threshold to use the cineplexholiday coupon. They don't deliver so you have to select store pickup, but I have kids who could always use crayons plus I work at a school so I could donate a few packs. Helps to maximize the savings on the Batman Tumbler set. Dark Knight was an awesome movie and this matches the best price I was able to get for this set from Target Canada when they clearanced these out before. I think eight left in stock.

• Like 1

Just an FYI in case you were looking for ideas - I used the Crayola crayons .99 pack to get my $39.99 order over the threshold to use the cineplexholiday coupon. They don't deliver so you have to select store pickup, but I have kids who could always use crayons plus I work at a school so I could donate a few packs. Helps to maximize the savings on the Batman Tumbler set. Dark Knight was an awesome movie and this matches the best price I was able to get for this set from Target Canada when they clearanced these out before. I think eight left in stock.

Used the .99 cent Crayons to get a Knowhere Mission for personal build, thanks! I'll likely donate these if i rack multiple up over this sale :)

Used the .99 cent Crayons to get a Knowhere Mission for personal build, thanks! I'll likely donate these if i rack multiple up over this sale :)

I'm going to give them to the daycare part of where I work. It will make me feel slightly better about using the coupon code so much over the last three weeks. Good karma.

As for Milano...I'd check back on Monday. Last weekend the Furry Creatures and Bike Shop went OOS over the weekend but I think they must have consolidated or updated after because they came back into stock. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more pop up. Maybe some more Lonely Mountain sets, too.

Dont forget about Airmiles cash as well

Had 60 bucks in coupons so got the following 

1 Daily Bugle -  $2.91 after discount and Cineplex code and 2 $20 dollar airmiles evouchers

1 Daily Bugle - $22.91 after discount and Cineplex code and 1 $20 dollar airmles evoucher

Yes! I use my Airmiles cash coupons religiously. As soon as i have enough for a $20 card i buy it.

I usually save these for exclusives however just to soften the blow.

• Like 1

Dont forget about Airmiles cash as well

Had 60 bucks in coupons so got the following 

1 Daily Bugle -  $2.91 after discount and Cineplex code and 2 $20 dollar airmiles evouchers

1 Daily Bugle - $22.91 after discount and Cineplex code and 1 $20 dollar airmles evoucher

We spend all of our air miles on flights... I wonder if anyone has ever done the math to see which is better? Use cash vouchers to buy X, sell it for Y VS paying full price for a flight? Hmmmm... I'm betting it works out better to keep using them for flights.

We spend all of our air miles on flights... I wonder if anyone has ever done the math to see which is better? Use cash vouchers to buy X, sell it for Y VS paying full price for a flight? Hmmmm... I'm betting it works out better to keep using them for flights

Depends what kind of flip you could pull. To get an exclusive takes quite a few airmiles, though. I'd agree that it is probably better to use for flights...unless you don't travel much. Then Lego, Lego, Lego!

Bat vs Bane is gone, most of the Hobbit sets, too.

My guess is Bugle also goes OOS today.

• Like 1

A bunch of stuff came back in stock today.

I don't know why you guys aren't more excited about this sale. The 20%, plus 10$ of 40$ with the CineplexHoliday code, means up to 40% off. On top of that, the current CAD weakness makes these retail prices cheaper than in the U.S. (though we pay more taxes, as usual).

As someone who parts out sets, I'm very happy with paying 25%-35% off the tax-free U.S. retail price!