Walmart Canada in store clearance - YMMV

fatboycarney

Nice finds!

I think the other thread covers both online and in store, maybe a sticky/title change is in order.

It does seem like clearances are ramping up though to make room for March sets.

Yeah the conversation definitely did but the title and first post indicated for online only. I am good with mods putting this in with the other thread.

Thanks I was very pleased!  

The store stock levels are also not accurate. I know my local TRU has loads of Hobbit and LOTR sets but i cant order them trough the website and apply the discount because the system says they have no stock.. sigh

I think their "pick up in store" program is a total bust right now. Seems like they slapped it together to be the first to market in Canada (I can't think of another major toy retailer that has it). I had the same experience with a number of Star Wars sets from last week - in store, not available on line to pick up or outright not appearing on the website.

It seems that their inventory databases are separate systems (wouldn't surprise me since they're still running an old ASCII inventory system in store) and they likely got sold that some intermediate solution would work while they revamp the other bits. Hah, as if.

• Like 1

I was able to pick up the following in one store:

3x Police Drop Ship - $60 each

1x Starwars The Ghost - $60 each

2x Trash Chomper - $20 each

4x Castle Cavalry - $20 each

3x Lego City Starter Set - $30 each

4x The Bat vs Bane: Tumbler Chase - $30 each

2x Creator Small Cottage - $20 each

2x City Stunt Plane - $15 each

Gonna go check couple other WalMarts to see if I can get more of Tumbler Chase

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 2

I have seen WM employees in multiple WM locations busy with scanners and putting toys on carts, they also hung papers on the shelves. Are they getting to clearance?

It at least means they are getting their new plan-o-grams to set up the shelves with the new March 2015 stuff. In a perfect world yes it would mean they should be moving some LEGO to a clearance section, however when they actually re price the stuff is another thing entirely.

Still waiting for the stuff in a couple locations to actually have a clearance price in the clearance section..

However i was able to find 1 location with some good deals:

Ninjago City $75

Benny - $75

Mos Eisley - $50

• Like 1

It at least means they are getting their new plan-o-grams to set up the shelves with the new March 2015 stuff. In a perfect world yes it would mean they should be moving some LEGO to a clearance section, however when they actually re price the stuff is another thing entirely.

Still waiting for the stuff in a couple locations to actually have a clearance price in the clearance section..

However i was able to find 1 location with some good deals:

Ninjago City $75

Benny - $75

Mos Eisley - $50

Well fingers crossed.. 

Good finds BTW!

My nearest wm finally also began to move things around, they cleared out all the Lego aisle & moved anything older over with the fishing gear (weird place) a few rows away from the toys, but they only placed a couple sets on 20% off & they're all jumbled up with miscellaneous other toys so not easy to find... there were 3 pallets of unpackaged Lego boxes sittin in the aisleway just awaiting to be stocked overnight. maybe clearance tags are about to appear.

the older Lego sw mini-movies with fig was $5.oo & the one with the purple batman was $8.oo in the tv area.

The mech was one of the sets I noticed moved out of the Lego aisle in the last few days so may be it's coming due... right now the only tagged ones seem to be Chima/Ninjago & Turtles and a couple SW willnotdies.

This is what I saw too. Some stuff moved to an end cap with no tags but no sale either.

Ninjago City and Pheonix Temples still at $75 and not being bought!