Walmart Canada in store clearance - YMMV

fatboycarney

My WM put a load of toys on a few carts near the CS counter and stickered them with all prices around 75% off but all the Lego was already gone as i overheard a woman ask a WM employee if they had any Lego left and he told her all the Lego was sold out this morning. Did manage to find a lonely Kashyyyk Troopers BP for $4 and they had loads of Friend polybags left for $2.50. Will check out some other WM`s tomorrow because clearance across stores seems to be picking up. Keep your eyes open! :)

Could you fellow Canadian brickpickers also give a mention to which WM store you got your findings?  Last weekend I visited 2 WM near me: the one in Montreal Angrignon mall and the one in Brossard DX30 mall, although there are some clearances, but nothing deserve a bite.

Dix Trente, Angrignon, St Bruno, valleyfield, Chateauguay, Anjou, Centre le Domaine, DDO, Dorval  today .. most of them had not much left..

scored 2 walkers, 3 Star Destroyers, 7 Benny, all of them 50% off / used cell basket WM.ca  , 4 Mos @ 50$ , 4 Ninjago city @ 60$ 

and these aren't the best part of the day ....

got another phone call from TRU .. they found another Town Hall, I was told not as perfect as the other they got me last time , but good fair condition Sealed.. but wasn't able to make it before they closed .. tomorrow will be the D day .. can't believe how my super Manager is working things out to get me all these special sets lately! ..

Edited by gravtation
  • Like 4

Dix Trente, Angrignon, St Bruno, valleyfield, Chateauguay, Anjou, Centre le Domaine, DDO, Dorval  today .. most of them had not much left..

scored 2 walkers, 3 Star Destroyers, 7 Benny, all of them 50% off / used cell basket WM.ca  , 4 Mos @ 50$ , 4 Ninjago city @ 60$ 

That sounds like a pretty good harvest! But darn, you had to survey about 10 Walmarts to find all this, I think it's very well deserved. :)

I might check some Walmarts in eastern Montreal again in the coming days. I buy for partout but I'm already somewhat well stocked from the TRU sale.

• Like 1

got another phone call from TRU .. they found another Town Hall, I was told not as perfect as the other they got me last time , but good fair condition Sealed.. but wasn't able to make it before they closed .. tomorrow will be the D day .. can't believe how my super Manager is working things out to get me all these special sets lately! ..

This baffles me to no end! Congrats though :P

• Like 1

Could you fellow Canadian brickpickers also give a mention to which WM store you got your findings?  Last weekend I visited 2 WM near me: the one in Montreal Angrignon mall and the one in Brossard DX30 mall, although there are some clearances, but nothing deserve a bite.

I just passed by two Walmarts in Montreal: Place Versailles and near Galerie d'Anjou.

There was absolutely nothing of interest. Some sets that Gravtation found at 50% were still at full price, like a batch of Mos Eisley Cantinas. There was a single Ninjago City with a puny discount for 110 CAD.

• Like 1

I just passed by two Walmarts in Montreal: Place Versailles and near Galerie d'Anjou.

There was absolutely nothing of interest. Some sets that Gravtation found at 50% were still at full price, like a batch of Mos Eisley Cantinas. There was a single Ninjago City with a puny discount for 110 CAD.

Think the 50% in my basket cell is now out .. since all items that were 50% on walmart.ca aren't showing the half price anymore .. replace with "we're sorry .. bla bla bla .."   only special left are the ones  really tagged on shelves ! not many left too!

Scored 2 Artic Base Camp today at WM Decarie .. but not a big deal 75$ each ! 

A couple of my locations seem to have totally got rid of the (potential) clearance items. One day they were all down a very large aisle seemingly ripe to be clearanced as some locations have already clearanced these products, and the next they're gone.

No way they sold as they were not on clearance yet. Wonder if they shipped them off somewhere, or moved them to the back to clearance later? At a loss on this one, doesn't make much sense. This has happened to 2 locations I've gone to recently.

I looked all over the store in case they snuck them somewhere else, but nothing.

I looked all over the store in case they snuck them somewhere else, but nothing.

funny, they were mixed in the fishing gear at my nearest store (a couple aisles away from the toys).  I asked the stock clerk who happened to be there yesterday if they were going to be going on sale & was told nope they are just there while they move around stuff to make room for the "seasonal rubbish" & will move them back eventually. She mentioned they are making room for an aisle of the mega brand inventory which will be as big or bigger than the Lego aisle, at least for the spring.   odd, the last time the Mega brand pushed out Lego the uproar resulted in $4.oo SW battle packs as an apology...

A couple of my locations seem to have totally got rid of the (potential) clearance items. One day they were all down a very large aisle seemingly ripe to be clearanced as some locations have already clearanced these products, and the next

Same thing at my local walmarts. A good amount of SW sets are seemingly gone. I wondered the same thing; whether they ship them off somewhere. Or perhaps they need corporate approval to mark them as clearance so they're just holding them for now.

The WM's i go to have yet to clearance their sets but at least they haven't disappeared like Sandwraithx157 experienced. I did manage to scavenge a load of series 2 and 3 Mixels for $1.50 at one WM on clearance. Never bought any before but they seem to fetch decent prices on Ebay.

The WM's i go to have yet to clearance their sets but at least they haven't disappeared like Sandwraithx157 experienced. I did manage to scavenge a load of series 2 and 3 Mixels for $1.50 at one WM on clearance. Never bought any before but they seem to fetch decent prices on Ebay.

Nice find!

Series 1 are/were gold, even series 2 is doing pretty good. Got most of mine for only a dollar off or so from the LEGO store. $1.50 is a great price no matter what the series.

• Like 1

Lonely Mountain has poofed at all Walmarts I've been to the past few weeks.. with TRU out of stock both online (even removed the listing) and in store in my area, and local LEGO store OOS, looks like this one is going to be hard to get at a discount. Still in stock online at some places of course, but those are less likely to put it on clearance/have a good deal on it.

I was operating on the fact that this one would do well, but would need a bigger discount for worthwhile returns, but the way it is fast disappearing has me second guessing myself.

Battle of Five Armies set also went super quick in my area at $60 clearance.

Lonely Mountain has poofed at all Walmarts I've been to the past few weeks.. with TRU out of stock both online (even removed the listing) and in store in my area, and local LEGO store OOS, looks like this one is going to be hard to get at a discount.

Absolutely. I intended to get that set at 20% off during the TRU sale but it poofed at 3 am before I could place an order.

Smaug alone is worth half the MSRP, and the demand far exceeds the current supply. Even at MSRP, parting out this set would almost make sense...

My local Walmart has some new clearance sets today. I'd like to know your guys opinions as to if any are worth a buy.

Mos Eisley Cantina - $75

V-wing - 25

Vulture Droid - 25

Lego Movie Police Dropship - 75

Trash Chomper - 25

Ice Cream Machine - 25

Mech Dragon - 75 (not good at all)

Chima Ice Mammoth - 75

Thanks in advanced

My local Walmart has some new clearance sets today. I'd like to know your guys opinions as to if any are worth a buy.

Mos Eisley Cantina - $75

V-wing - 25

Vulture Droid - 25

Lego Movie Police Dropship - 75

Trash Chomper - 25

Ice Cream Machine - 25

Mech Dragon - 75 (not good at all)

Chima Ice Mammoth - 75

Thanks in advanced

As investments these prices are all just meh.

Personally i'd pass on all of them at that price. That's not to say the sets don't have potential (Mos Eisley will be a winner), but you can find better prices elsewhere. Especially considering many Walmarts have/had these cheaper than that just recently.