10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

Guest ph4tb0i

hahaha, the one set that every lego collector/investor knew would be reprinted over and over and over and over..

i wish they would make a nicer lorry though. 

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/new-lego-maersk-ship/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+brickfanatics+%28Brick+Fanatics%29

Hope this is a larger element set. So happy I didn't buy an post retired 10155 or 10152 as an investment,

It does make you question the longevity of the train too, and whether they might re-issue it in a year or two considering it's popularity since going EOL

It does make you question the longevity of the train too, and whether they might re-issue it in a year or two considering it's popularity since going EOL

Good question. Why not for Lego? Would be a solid seller every 3-5 years.

I've also finally notice their tractor and trailers in my area (never really looked before). Would be cool to see a larger set based on one of them. Then again, they do include versions of it with the train.

Guest eightbrick

Thanks for the news comicblast :D Really looking forward to this; it combines my nautical interests with my interests in shipping containers (love their use in modern housing LOL). Missed out on the previous Maersk ship, and if this one is anything of a reasonable price, I'll consider picking it up.

Anyway, it seems GRogall on Eurobricks has an "in" at Lego. Must be nice :)

Oh yeah, you can say that again. He has the stranglehold on exclusive set news.

I hope they redo the train along with this ship release so I can buy both for myself mwahahaha

Same. Wouldn't mind a truck or something to go along with the ship to transport the boxes too! Makes me wonder how GRogall gets his info. I won't really question him since its nearly always correct. :D

Now that would be impressive.  

If it is based of those biggest ships ever made then surely it would need to be the biggest Lego set ever made wouldn't it :)

I thought about this after I said it, lol.  I meant one that is playable with minifigures, not necessarily to scale. 

Same. Wouldn't mind a truck or something to go along with the ship to transport the boxes too! Makes me wonder how GRogall gets his info. I won't really question him since its nearly always correct. :D

He will never give up his contacts.  People ask him all the time how he gets the info, but he wil never say.  I don't blame him, either.  He has said that he does not work for Lego, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some quick googling.  The Triple E class is 1,312 feet long (for reference the Titanic was 882 feet long).  A minifig's foot fits onto one stud so, hypothetically, I could say that one stud is equal to about 8-10 inches for a human scale.  So using 10 inches for conversion a scale model of the ship to minifig scale would have to be around 1,575 studs in length :o.  Of course they could scale it down and retain the usability by Minifig's but getting the look and sense of proportion might be difficult.

• 1 month later...

Funny you mention this cause when I saw the trailer some weeks ago I was thinking "Hey, that looks like that Lego Maersk ship." I don't quite seeing much of an effect on sales for the Maersk sets as it would help if people even knew those actually existed to begin with.

Oh, here is the trailer for anyone who has not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wc1l1DW6IE