10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

Anybody attempted to seal the hull of any of the non-floating Lego ships and attached the old school weight to it?  I bet this boat would be pretty cool if it can float. 

The boat would be very cool if it were to float, but I think that the designers intended the set to be displayed. If I get this set, I will try to see how long it floats.

Anybody attempted to seal the hull of any of the non-floating Lego ships and attached the old school weight to it?  I bet this boat would be pretty cool if it can float. 

I'll bet if it could float without any additional sealing, then TLG would advertise their butt off with it. LOL. It would be cool if it could though. I'm sure some MOC'er out there's added a train motor to a boat to make it sail-able.

I did when I was a kid. I built a landing craft and sealed it with plasticine. However it floated very low in the water due to the inherent weight of the bricks.

• 3 weeks later...

He will never give up his contacts.  People ask him all the time how he gets the info, but he wil never say.  I don't blame him, either.  He has said that he does not work for Lego, though.

Well you will be glad to know that in the future, I well be posting news on new sets as I get them here as well!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, I'm definitely getting this one next january and figured I would ask something here first. What do you think about incorporating containers of different colors so that the ship looks more realistic? I'm thinking about it, so if any of our resident MOCers have any suggestions about the best colors for a realistic look, please post here!!

Guest TabbyBoy

I'll buy one first off and then wait a couple of years for the inevitable big discounts.  If LEGO Shop at Home allow an initial buying limit of 99, we needn't rush..

So, I'm definitely getting this one next january and figured I would ask something here first. What do you think about incorporating containers of different colors so that the ship looks more realistic? I'm thinking about it, so if any of our resident MOCers have any suggestions about the best colors for a realistic look, please post here!!

I like the idea of making the containers different colors to make the set more realistic. my suggestion would be to have some of the original containers scattered over the ship along with other colors like black, orange, dark blue, etc.

Guest TabbyBoy

Didn't read that on your post ;)

But if this set indeed does live a long and prosper life then there's no reason to rush.

But, on the other hand we have 10219.

I like the train but, I can't bring myself to exceed RRP.  Call me tight if you want. ;-)

I'm buying 1 ship regardless just to not miss out and will keep an eye on it.

I like the train but, I can't bring myself to exceed RRP.  Call me tight if you want. ;-)

I'm buying 1 ship regardless just to not miss out and will keep an eye on it.

I didn't mean that in a price way.

10219 was out for a short while, under a year IIRC. I meant that you shouldn't wait that long - a couple of years as you said - to get some of these.

Guest eightbrick

The problem is it looks like the stickers are not transparent so you would either have to make your own or leave the other containers blank. Color wise, this is where if Lego had a colonial red color it would be awesome, but I guess a dark red would work. A little dark blue and DBG would add some variety. Here's a pic of a triple e:

TH05_BU_MAERSK_1507749f.jpg

Yeah, I would leave the red/blue containers without stickers since as you can see in that picture it seems only the light gray ones actually have the Maersk name. I have never modified an original set, so I'm kind of weary about doing it with this one, but I really feel the set could benefit from it and also the parts seem to be really easy to get.