71016 - Kwik-E-Mart

TheOrcKing

Yes Emazers has his Quota 20 Simpson Houses and 20 Kwik Marts. "Another thing forget about any more Simpson sets, The Simpsons are done, I am sure there are many sets in Warehouses so should be around for a while, So if you need to get any of these don't wait until its to late.    Ed

• Like 1

If anyone comes into a small cache of these (who has depleted their budget too quickly) and wants to make a quick couple bucks I will certainly take one off someone's hand for a nominal profit and obv pay for shipping as well...My 5.5 year old has been staring at the single copy we have from B & N a few weeks ago and has been BEGGING to build it...so besides being "that guy" looking for a handout which I don't like being, BUT there's not a single set within 100 miles of Chicago at Target...PM me. Also, if a comment like this is totally unacceptable, delete it and we'll move along.  

11 minutes ago, emazers said:

Yes Emazers has his Quota 20 Simpson Houses and 20 Kwik Marts. "Another thing forget about any more Simpson sets, The Simpsons are done, I am sure there are many sets in Warehouses so should be around for a while, So if you need to get any of these don't wait until its to late.    Ed

There´s the BUY BUY BUY call, people. You have been warned.

3 minutes ago, midbenne said:

If anyone comes into a small cache of these (who has depleted their budget too quickly) and wants to make a quick couple bucks I will certainly take one off someone's hand for a nominal profit and obv pay for shipping as well...My 5.5 year old has been staring at the single copy we have from B & N a few weeks ago and has been BEGGING to build it...so besides being "that guy" looking for a handout which I don't like being, BUT there's not a single set within 100 miles of Chicago at Target...PM me. Also, if a comment like this is totally unacceptable, delete it and we'll move along.  

Trek does not know what is acceptable or not but hope someone comes through for you ..... I have no Kwik E Mart's and I do not have the cash to buy every set known to man even at 50 percent off there is a limit somewhere and the half off sales have been coming left and right.  That is on top of the fact that my region in 150 miles has none and did not yesterday either. So in any event best of luck and hope someone comes through.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Chima rules apply > 70% is safety margin.

Just realised this thread has been dead for a year  until today and it ain´t no town hall. Prediction is this will be done as a thanksgiving turkey along with Simpson House at around Thanksgiving.

If that were true, if KwikE and the House retire at the same time then that makes KwikE more of a sleeper for being on the market for a much shorter time.

16 minutes ago, midbenne said:

personally I will build the one I have and hope another deal comes along since the set is not eol just yet. Of course I have to finish the Angry birds series that covers my kitchen table at the moment and daughter has to finish the maze that is mixed in with the birds and GBHQ is on the way to build next week, so I guess there is no time for a Kwikie right now anyway.

1 minute ago, romoore245 said:

personally I will build the one I have and hope another deal comes along since the set is not eol just yet. Of course I have to finish the Angry birds series that covers my kitchen table at the moment and daughter has to finish the maze that is mixed in with the birds and GBHQ is on the way to build next week, so I guess there is no time for a Kwikie right now anyway.

That GBHQ might take a min...and the entire Angry Birds collection on your kitchen table? Sounds much more like an angry wife collection! ;) I have a maze waiting to be built as well...My son got the lego store to take out their KEM and the depth of detail in it is astonishing. It's just so cool how they have so many different things going on in that set...same as GBHQ. As you say tho...never enough time...but finish up those birds or again, they'll be more than one angry party in your house. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, midbenne said:

I must have missed something. Are you banned from LEGO Shop at Home?

1 hour ago, emazers said:

I love the design of both Simpsons sets. They will be winners. 

• 5 months later...

I still have high hopes for this set, I was at Legoland on Thursday, popped in to the shop early to have a nose in the 'bargain' section, they had this set for £152, the box was in poor condition and had a hole in the side. I moved on. Came back at the end of the day and was talking to the guy in the collection area that is next to this area, he said the set was sold before lunch!!? Putting this into perspective, I purchased one of these mint from TRU for £115 earlier on in year when it was on sale, plus the use of a discount card. As I always say, if you buy smart you can still make money on slow sellers. There will always be Simpson fans and I think it's safe to say this theme will not be reproduced after it retires.

3 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I still have high hopes for this set, I was at Legoland on Thursday, popped in to the shop early to have a nose in the 'bargain' section, they had this set for £152, the box was in poor condition and had a hole in the side. I moved on. Came back at the end of the day and was talking to the guy in the collection area that is next to this area, he said the set was sold before lunch!!? Putting this into perspective, I purchased one of these mint from TRU for £115 earlier on in year when it was on sale, plus the use of a discount card. As I always say, if you buy smart you can still make money on slow sellers. There will always be Simpson fans and I think it's safe to say this theme will not be reproduced after it retires.

You never know but we said that about ToO and see where it has gone.

Edited by Val-E