60064 - Arctic Supply Plane

ufema

How long does it take to film a video like that?

This one moved along fast because of the size of the set.  Along with that, there weren't many small pieces.  An example of small pieces would be ultra agents and mixels.  Possibly three hours of filming and 3 hours of editing.  It's hard to gauge the amount of time because I don't power straight through from start to finish.

Another amazing video!! I have watched all your videos on the Arctic theme and the sets are stunning. These videos are persuading me to go and buy all the Arctic sets. Keep up the great work.

Thank you.  I'm really hoping that I come across "The Lonely Mountain" really soon.  It will be a fun set to film.

Thank you.  I'm really hoping that I come across "The Lonely Mountain" really soon.  It will be a fun set to film.

I don't know if you have done this already, but try looking at TRU. They usually put out the newer sets before the Lego release date. And most of the time, you can get it for the actual MSRP, not the inflated TRU MSRP.

I don't know if you have done this already, but try looking at TRU. They usually put out the newer sets before the Lego release date. And most of the time, you can get it for the actual MSRP, not the inflated TRU MSRP.

That's what I've done with all of my builds.  I also use a 20 percent off coupon and purchase the item on a Thursday using my TRU Credit Card.

• 3 months later...

I bought 4 my guess is it is toast

Lego store b&m said they haven't seen it in two months

Perhaps someone will call and ask if it is coming back

Toys r us could have endless supply

from my understanding it was just like 60062 where it transitioned to TRU exclusive and sold out during the holidays.  Icebreaker stopped coming into B&M as well during this time.  Just like Arctic Icebreaker they haven't fully restocked.   I've seen it in a few local TRU still.

Ravenb I am going to return my 4 and if this thing retires you owe me 4 from your stock.  lol

Just kidding

The icebreaker is back

lol, its only 4.  Just keep them and if you don't want them down the road I'll take them off your hands.

I can't see it going to a TRU exclusive and suddenly disappearing.   Probably just being eliminated from LEGO Store which some TRU exclusives do.  

• 2 weeks later...

lol, its only 4.  Just keep them and if you don't want them down the road I'll take them off your hands.

I can't see it going to a TRU exclusive and suddenly disappearing.   Probably just being eliminated from LEGO Store which some TRU exclusives do.  

raven you convinced me to keep these.

I really think this set is retired.

1) Toys R Us product page is removed

2) Not for sale on eBay by Toys R Us

3) Lowest on eBay is $87.00

4) Lego Shop at Home shows the item as sold out and on sale

5) Is this site reliable?  http://shop.brick-a-brac-uk.com/products/lego-60064-city-arctic-supply-plane

It says it is discontinued

This set was in the United States according to brickiest from August 2 2014 through December 28 2014.  If this holds up it is one of the shortest timelines I have ever seen for a non promotional set.

I am calling it...  it is all but retired except the badge.

Wow

• Like 1