Toys R Us Rewards Guide

diablo2112

You can buy multiple items online and use your rewards certificate as well.  I have spent a $200 reward on 4 ghostbusters and 4 UN HQs and both worked fine.  Sometimes it is a little tricky and doesn't seem to want to work when you don't have a nice even amount I've found though.  Like I have had $197 worth of merchandise and I'm greedy and want that $3 so throw in a mixel for $5 then it goofs something up and a $50 item is no longer free.  You are fine though just don't proceed through checkout if something goofs, it will retrain your reward in the system as a credit while you play around with the cart items.  I think the secret is do not exceed your certificate though or it will go wonky.  So if you have a $50 reward don't buy something for $40 and $20 or it won't work.

Yea, I see what you are saying.   I just tried 4 ghostbusters but it only applied to 3 of them...at $54.99 each the 4th throws it over $200.

btw... is this new??  This is a LEGO Hard to Find Item with limited availability and is excluded from all LEGO Promotions

Oh yeah, they hiked the price of Ghostbusters by 5 bucks when they introduced the $5 off coupon heh.  I did it back when they were $49.99.   Hmmmm, I think it is new that being a hard to find item.  So you can't use the coupon on it.  Well that's just goofy.

Yeah, they have cleaned up/updated the "hard to find" section.  Sandcrawler, tumbler, fairground mixer, ghostbusters, slave I now all on the hard to find no lego discount list.  Rewards still work on them though, just processed a reward for a Slave I.  

• 1 month later...

Curious if anyone making online purchases at TRU using gift cards also employs the 'partial pay' using their TRU CC to earn [double] rewards on the total amount of the transaction (including the GC's)??

afaik, its completely YMMV.

some allow some don't

I have been using the TRU card for a few months now, and have to say there are some huge loop holes in the double rewards system, well beyond just the double points for use of cc card + gcs.  Stuff that I dont really want to post the details of because of exploit potential.  Just in my normal fight to get the best deals, I have found a (potential?) way to issue double rewards twice for one transaction.  and another that would indicate a rewards loop with serious exploit potential.

I am not sure how closely TRU monitors this stuff, but just having these show up on my account gets me worried.  Does anyone have an experience with rewards acount bans when using a TRU card?

afaik, TRU (like any retailers) does look @ any spikes/abnormalities in anything.

for example: TRU rewards members used to earn rewards points on Gift card purchases as well. it was 1X rewards but it was removed in the new process.

similarly, walmart raised price of 10664 from $30->$35->$40->$45 etc... so on....  based on en masse horde ....

i am not sure what exactly happened in your case but if you really got twice the points its interesting because they only post points based on the purchase.

{ may be its different for online orders... i am not an active TRU.com customer so i wouldn't no! } but with regard to in-store purchase

a. as long as one uses TRU credit card you get 2X the entire purchase no matter how much was charged to the TRU credit card. { its YMMV on whether one is allowed to split the payment to get TRUTH 10% }

Edited by newbie77

• exciter1 pinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Valuable lesson learned recently. 

***Never use rewards on online purchases***

Bought some Lego Dimensions stuff for personal use including a $50 starter pack (before it was on sale).  Used a $105 reward to cover most of the order and charged the rest on the TRU MC.

You guessed it.  Starter pack was over-committed and cancelled by TRU.  Now the rewards are gone.  Customer service is clueless.

35 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Bought some Lego Dimensions stuff for personal use including a $50 starter pack (before it was on sale).  Used a $105 reward to cover most of the order and charged the rest on the TRU MC.

You guessed it.  Starter pack was over-committed and cancelled by TRU.  Now the rewards are gone.  Customer service is clueless.

Common guys this thread is only 2 pages so at least the first page. 

5 hours ago, newbie77 said:

10) Returns.  THIS IS ALSO IMPORTANT.  If you return an item purchased with a reward certificate, you forfeit the reward certificate and it will NOT be reissued.  Choose your reward items carefully as you basically can't return them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Rewards, ha, it's almost like they're giving out headaches.

Image result for headache rewards

• Like 1

15 hours ago, newbie77 said:

Actually read the entire thing.  Can you specifically reference the part that says if TRU (not the buyer) cancels an order, you can kiss your rewards good bye?

Given how common it is for TRU to cancel orders, this should be pretty troublesome.  They could just start cancelling all orders bought with rewards.

• 1 month later...