Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

My frustration was trying to find one person with all of the pieces I needed. I found one that had 7 out of 10, but the total came to 57 cents, and the minimum order was$3. The other three parts had to be split among two others.

(I realize that my 10 part order isn't hardly worth anyone's efforts)

Did you use the "By Shop" option?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

The part out option for when you are posting a set to sell, it is only if you are going piece by piece? For instance i want to post my minifigs, vehicles, and remaining display pieces separately. Say hulk's helicarrier, I want minifigs, plane, and the rest of the set in all different posts, is that possible without doing each manually?

I hope someone can follow my nonsense!

If you select part out a set on BL, it will be for the individual parts and pieces (with the choice to sell the minifigs complete or in their component pieces). I don't know of any way to sell the vehicles/structures etc. there separately, but I haven't gone looking for it, either - there may be some kind of partial set option, but it wouldn't be the best venue IMO, I'd stick with eBay for larger "chunks" of sets.

If you select part out a set on BL, it will be for the individual parts and pieces (with the choice to sell the minifigs complete or in their component pieces). I don't know of any way to sell the vehicles/structures etc. there separately, but I haven't gone looking for it, either - there may be some kind of partial set option, but it wouldn't be the best venue IMO, I'd stick with eBay for larger "chunks" of sets.

You're right - there's sort of a "partial set" option.

You have to put up the entire set, and then Comment what it is you're selling. When I parted out the Daily Bugle, I was able to put up the building, Doom's ship, etc.  I did this to match what I was selling on eBay at the same time.

If you will forgive for slightly highjacking this thread....

As anyone heard of/use Brickowl.com ?

Someone pointed me to it a few days ago. It looks like a rival to Bricklink, but has a "modern" interface. However I do not know how popular it is.

Going back to early posts in this thread, I have used, for the last year, a floating weight average to value my stock. In my case "stock" is all the left over bits I have from the bulk lots that I make sets from and sell on. The weight figure varies because each time I add to it from a bulk lot the price per kg is different.

If you will forgive for slightly highjacking this thread....

As anyone heard of/use Brickowl.com ?

Someone pointed me to it a few days ago. It looks like a rival to Bricklink, but has a "modern" interface. However I do not know how popular it is.

Going back to early posts in this thread, I have used, for the last year, a floating weight average to value my stock. In my case "stock" is all the left over bits I have from the bulk lots that I make sets from and sell on. The weight figure varies because each time I add to it from a bulk lot the price per kg is different.

Do a search for Brickowl.com.  There's been a bit of discussion about it in another thread lately.

• 3 weeks later...

I need advice, got a bl order and input $3 for shipping. Looked back after I.gave the invoice and he is in the uk. I'm in the us. To late to correct it? I.sold a lex and his power suit which still easily go through usps first class

I've found people on bricklink are pretty friendly.  If you send them a message stating that you didn't realize that they were in the UK, I'm sure they'll understand.  Have they already paid?

I need advice, got a bl order and input $3 for shipping. Looked back after I.gave the invoice and he is in the uk. I'm in the us. To late to correct it? I.sold a lex and his power suit which still easily go through usps first class

I've found people on bricklink are pretty friendly.  If you send them a message stating that you didn't realize that they were in the UK, I'm sure they'll understand.  Have they already paid?

That`s a great point. People on Bricklink are more experienced Lego buyers in general than say ebay, and I`ve always found that they tend to have a bit more online "class". If you`ve made an error, I`d let them know, but if they have already paid, I don`t think it would look very good to go back and request more money. If it`s a few bucks, I`d let it go, but it`s, say $20, then maybe give it a shot. You mentioned $3, so they can`t have ordered very much stuff. If they have not paid yet though, then I would let them know of the error and make a change. Should work out just fine that way. 

That`s a great point. People on Bricklink are more experienced Lego buyers in general than say ebay, and I`ve always found that they tend to have a bit more online "class". If you`ve made an error, I`d let them know, but if they have already paid, I don`t think it would look very good to go back and request more money. If it`s a few bucks, I`d let it go, but it`s, say $20, then maybe give it a shot. You mentioned $3, so they can`t have ordered very much stuff. If they have not paid yet though, then I would let them know of the error and make a change. Should work out just fine that way.

Yeah its a lex power suit and lex minifig. It's going to be cheap either way through usps but my international shipping is very limited. I finally got to the point where I can accurately estimate domestic shipping charges so I'm learning. I sent them an email as they hadn't paid. If the difference is a few bucks then I'll eat the cost and just pay more attention next time. If it's a big difference then I'll see if they will do with it, we will see soon enough.

• 1 month later...
Selling Bricklink Inventory!

Hi all,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I tried to post it in General but it said I couldn't post there!

Anyway, due to financial and medical issues, I've been forced to sell my entire bricklink store (the investment sets haven't gone just yet...)

If you're interested in bulking up your store, please have a look on ebay :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181485905055

The auction says only UK shipping, but if someone is serious about buying from abroad, then please let me know on here and we can sort something out (via ebay of course, just so you know you're safe!!!)

Thank you!

David Severn

I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1999, but just recently opened a bricklink store (Everything is Awesome!! Check it out). Anyway, as a enter information on my store splash, terms, and shipping pages I list each bullet point neatly with a space between each line. I like to make it easy on my potential customer's eyes as they read the information. However, once I am done typing all of the info and click submit to update the page, all of the information I just typed gets jammed into one huge paragraph, which is not easy to read and makes it difficult to decipher.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to get my info to appear the way that I typed it without it getting combined into one big jumbled mess? I've attached a link to my store terms page so you can see what I mean. Every asterisk was a separate bullet point, separated by an empty line, but bricklink smushed everything into one huge paragraph.

http://www.bricklink.com/storeSplash.asp?uID=100791&viewType=shop

I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1999, but just recently opened a bricklink store (Everything is Awesome!! Check it out). Anyway, as a enter information on my store splash, terms, and shipping pages I list each bullet point neatly with a space between each line. I like to make it easy on my potential customer's eyes as they read the information. However, once I am done typing all of the info and click submit to update the page, all of the information I just typed gets jammed into one huge paragraph, which is not easy to read and makes it difficult to decipher.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to get my info to appear the way that I typed it without it getting combined into one big jumbled mess? I've attached a link to my store terms page so you can see what I mean.

http://www.bricklink.com/storeSplash.asp?uID=100791&viewType=shop

You have to use html

I will pm you my splash page

So, how long do I wait for a seller to invoice me? Is three days too long?

They're supposed to contact you within 3 days, after 7 days you can go to the "Problem" tab on the BL site, put in the order number, and it'll give you your options for reporting the seller, cancelling, etc.

Be sure to read seller's store and splash pages before you order - some of them are at least honest and will tell you up front if they are slow to invoice and ship, and if reasonable speed is important to you as a buyer, you can least favorite those stores so you don't accidentally buy from them. Others, unfortunately, don't see fit to let buyers know that they will get to your order when they happen to have some spare time. :P