Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Where are you putting it on the order page? I've been using the drive-thru email and it doesn't seem to save that... I've been putting the tracking into PayPal as well so I can track stuff if needed, but it would be nice if it was in BrickLink too.

I'm up to 14 paid & shipped orders .. one day away from a zero feedback NPB. Annoying how many people don't respond.

On your orders received page, select "customize display" near the top and there will be a list of options.  Tracking number is near the end.  It will then give you a field to enter tracking number which will populate the order page.  Not a ton of sellers do this, I always look for it but I do get emails from some including tracking number, not sure how they do that but it is nice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Huskers1236 said:

On your orders received page, select "customize display" near the top and there will be a list of options.  Tracking number is near the end.  It will then give you a field to enter tracking number which will populate the order page.  Not a ton of sellers do this, I always look for it but I do get emails from some including tracking number, not sure how they do that but it is nice. 

Nice, thanks.

I edited my "drive thru" message template to include a link to Canada Post's tracking URL with a bunch of #### where I paste the tracking number. It would be a pain if I was a high volume seller, but I'm not so it's not too bad. Having that field on the orders page will be handy.

2 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Nice, thanks.

I edited my "drive thru" message template to include a link to Canada Post's tracking URL with a bunch of #### where I paste the tracking number. It would be a pain if I was a high volume seller, but I'm not so it's not too bad. Having that field on the orders page will be handy.

there is already a macro defined : ORDERTRACKNO which you can use to populate tracking number.

that field is what the "Tracking Number" takes. so its all automated. just enter tracking number at one place its all done.

• Thanks 1

Paypal sends the tracking number to the buyer's email automatically. I never update the order to include the tracking number. I get 1 every 2 months/140 orders asking for tracking number by email. If the buyer receives the package 4 days after payment there is never an issue anyway.

• Like 1

two questions:

1.  In the past, orders would go from Pending to Paid upon PayPal payment.    Within the last few days, it stopped doing this and is sitting in Pending.  Any ideas what the issue is?  I don't think I'm doing anything differently.

2.  I enter tracking into BL when I mark an order as shipped, but in PayPal the order is sitting there as unshipped.    All my transaction have a "Add tracking info" link still visible.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, gregpj said:

Nice, thanks.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, newbie77 said:

there is already a macro defined : ORDERTRACKNO which you can use to populate tracking number.

that field is what the "Tracking Number" takes. so its all automated. just enter tracking number at one place its all done.

And if you want to get abit more fancy you can try this in the drive-thru message...

<ORDERTRACKNO-EQ:Y>

Tracking number is: <ORDERTRACKNO>

</ORDERTRACKNO-EQ:Y>

This will set the drive-thru message to check if you've entered the tracking number on the order received page and automatically add the text line with the number for you, if you've not entered the tracking number it won't add the superfluous text.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

two questions:

1.  In the past, orders would go from Pending to Paid upon PayPal payment.    Within the last few days, it stopped doing this and is sitting in Pending.  Any ideas what the issue is?  I don't think I'm doing anything differently.

2.  I enter tracking into BL when I mark an order as shipped, but in PayPal the order is sitting there as unshipped.    All my transaction have a "Add tracking info" link still visible.

It only goes into Paid automatically if the buyer has chosen the paypal onsite option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lego rules said:

It only goes into Paid automatically if the buyer has chosen the paypal onsite option.

Thanks for your reply.

What does "PayPal onsite option" mean?

Is there something I can do on my end to go through this option?

I've had approx 20 orders going back a couple months, just the past two orders from yesterday and today are not being marked as paid...

9 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Thanks for your reply.

What does "PayPal onsite option" mean?

Is there something I can do on my end to go through this option?

I've had approx 20 orders going back a couple months, just the past two orders from yesterday and today are not being marked as paid...

I can't seem to find where that option is any longer.  Odd.

You can mark as paid manually of course.

Edited by lego rules

1 minute ago, lego rules said:

I can't seem to find where that option is any longer.  Odd.

You can mark as paid manually of course.

Understood, yea thats what I've been doing the past few days.

I could see it being cumbersome for people with a lot of orders daily.

It was cool that the right orders would automatically be marked as "Paid"

Looking for somebody with knowledge using Google Sheets and setting up and inventory tracking type sheet using formulas.

Ideally would like to put set numbers or UPC in and have a bunch of data populate.

Pulling in average sales data and stuff would be great too.

Not necessarily looking for someone to gift me something totally done and polished.

Willing to compensate for the time and effort on making it themselves based on the solution.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Looking for feedback on how to approach a Bricklink order where the customer has zero feedback.

Any precautions I ought to take?

Thanks!

None, it happens all the time.  You have to start somewhere.

The only thing I do differently is pull the order after payment occurs, but only if it is a very large order and I don't want to put the items back.

Be kind and help them out too or at least offer it.  BL can be confusing to new folks sometimes.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

None, it happens all the time.  You have to start somewhere.

The only thing I do differently is pull the order after payment occurs, but only if it is a very large order and I don't want to put the items back.

Be kind and help them out too or at least offer it.  BL can be confusing to new folks sometimes.  

Thanks for the reply.

That's kind of what I was thinking too since I just started over the summer (still only around 10+ feedback, lol)

Was just curious if I needed to stick with shipping only to the confirmed PayPal address, etc. type stuff.

8 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Thanks for the reply.

That's kind of what I was thinking too since I just started over the summer (still only around 10+ feedback, lol)

Was just curious if I needed to stick with shipping only to the confirmed PayPal address, etc. type stuff.

I would say Yes to confirmed Paypal Address.  I considered that standard protocol and didn't think to address that piece.  Go through your normal procedures as normal.

Thanks for the reply.

Meanwhile... in another forum:
"Hey guys, I found this cool website that only sales Lego! Problem is, the guy that has the cheapest price also has a low feedback score. Too good to be true? Do you think he's a scammer? What should I do to protect myself?"

3 minutes ago, donbee said:

Meanwhile... in another forum:
"Hey guys, I found this cool website that only sales Lego! Problem is, the guy that has the cheapest price also has a low feedback score. Too good to be true? Do you think he's a scammer? What should I do to protect myself?"

haha true!

but in my defense, customers have a heck of a lot more protection than sellers nowadays when it comes to online transactions, no?

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

Anyone else get a message from a deployed soldier asking for lego care packages?!  I'm not a large store so that was kind of odd to receive.  

Had this bit of fun on BL today. First this order in the morning:

Buyer Information: 
--------------------------------------
BrickLink Username: sujizxz (0)
Orders: 1

Address:
suji i
new york
new york
NY 10001
USA

Then followed a few hours later by this message from BL:

Dear xxxxxx,

This is to notify you that member sujizxz has been terminated by the BrickLink Administration on Oct 20, 2017 13:54.  You are being notified of this action because you have 1 or more non-completed orders with this member.

Curious what they did wrong :) That address was fun.

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Had this bit of fun on BL today. First this order in the morning:

Buyer Information: 
--------------------------------------
BrickLink Username: sujizxz (0)
Orders: 1

Address:
suji i
new york
new york
NY 10001
USA

Then followed a few hours later by this message from BL:

Dear xxxxxx,

This is to notify you that member sujizxz has been terminated by the BrickLink Administration on Oct 20, 2017 13:54.  You are being notified of this action because you have 1 or more non-completed orders with this member.

Curious what they did wrong :) That address was fun.

Got an order from the same person.  Looked like they made dozens of orders.  Problem was their IP was from India, not New York.  They were quickly booted.  The theory was they were possibly phishing for personal information by making orders.  If yours was from today, then the same person made another round of orders since mine was a couple days ago.

• Like 2