Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

• 2 months later...

So I asked this question on the BL forums but got little response.  I would like to edit the International countries I can/will ship to as I have recently added Int'l shipping.  Where do I do this within my shipping area?  I see the little map with the countries you can hover over, but nowhere do I see how to edit them.  Can I get a screenshot of this somewhere?  I have a domestic and an international shipping method set up.  Do I need multiple int'l for different shipping options?  TIA.  

45 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

So I asked this question on the BL forums but got little response.  I would like to edit the International countries I can/will ship to as I have recently added Int'l shipping.  Where do I do this within my shipping area?  I see the little map with the countries you can hover over, but nowhere do I see how to edit them.  Can I get a screenshot of this somewhere?  I have a domestic and an international shipping method set up.  Do I need multiple int'l for different shipping options?  TIA.  

You actually choose each country that you would like to ship to within each shipping method.

My Store - Settings - Shipping - (select your int'l shipping method or make a new one) - Then scroll down to the rate chart - If you have a name already it should be blue and clickable, click that, if not then +New Zone - Then you should see options for different continent's and countries.

Hope that's somewhat clear.

14 minutes ago, Vodium said:

You actually choose each country that you would like to ship to within each shipping method.

My Store - Settings - Shipping - (select your int'l shipping method or make a new one) - Then scroll down to the rate chart - If you have a name already it should be blue and clickable, click that, if not then +New Zone - Then you should see options for different continent's and countries.

Hope that's somewhat clear.

I see this.  

Bricklink shipping.PNG

Just now, Vodium said:

Ohh, I go by weight band not Courier API. So i'm probably no help then, haha. I'd try clicking on 'View chart" and seeing if there's options within that. Otherwise I've got no idea. 

Well, I have no idea what they mean, I think that was default.  I could see when I clicked on Weight Band that it gave me editing options but don't know the breakdowns for creating different bands.  Is this listed somewhere?  Are all countries within a zone the same price?  

• 5 weeks later...

Alright - I just got an order for some Snow Shoes via BrickOwl. Turns out that, even though I have them correctly loaded as 11187 in BrickLink, BO has them mapped to the old Snow Shoe 30284, which is a different design. I already wrote to my customer (I assume they will be fine with the substitution as they seem to be ordering missing pieces from a recent Arctic set), but how do I go about fixing this in BrickOwl?

Of note: I sync my inventory using BrickSync, so I don't want to break things during the next inventory sync. 

@Stragus still around? Anyone else?

10 minutes ago, Stragus said:

@Phil B You can correct the assigned BLIDs on BrickOwl. Once it's approved, then you can update the reference cached by BrickSync using "owlqueryblid -f 11187".

Or you can force a BLID<->BOID mapping with the command owlforceblid, without waiting for the update to be approved.

Thanks, I've added the proper BL ID mappings in the uncolored versions of both 11187 and 30284 on BO and submitted them for approval. I'll wait with forcing the reassignment until I sort out the situation with my customer, as I don't want to get phantom inventory should they decide to cancel the order.

1 hour ago, Stragus said:

@Phil B You can correct the assigned BLIDs on BrickOwl. Once it's approved, then you can update the reference cached by BrickSync using "owlqueryblid -f 11187".

Or you can force a BLID<->BOID mapping with the command owlforceblid, without waiting for the update to be approved.

Worked like a charm! Used 'owlforceblid' to force the new relationship, and all remaining inventory moved to the correct BOID.

Need help from a wonderful collector or /seller on BL/BO .. set 60022 is mising 2 , tile 2x2 parts with stickers ever since it was added to site .. I've seen lots of request to make this right, but no one seems to do it .. I'm looking for these parts .. I'm sure I'm not the only one .. and maybe a lot of seller would love to be able to sell these too .. see pictures with this post and please be my favorite helper to set this up, on BL ..

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

38 minutes ago, gravtation said:

Need help from a wonderful collector or /seller on BL/BO .. set 60022 is mising 2 , tile 2x2 parts with stickers ever since it was added to site .. I've seen lots of request to make this right, but no one seems to do it .. I'm looking for these parts .. I'm sure I'm not the only one .. and maybe a lot of seller would love to be able to sell these too .. see pictures with this post and please be my favorite helper to set this up, on BL ..

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

2. 3068bpb1007 from set (60101)

• Sad 1

I’m sure this has been answered in this thread at some time, but I am having trouble setting up a Brinklink store, more specifically shipping. I want to setup instant check out, but not sure how best to setup the shipping. I’ll be selling mini figures and large sets. I’m going to start domestic and prefer using USPS, do I just need to do their API and I’m good? Want make sure as soon as I go live I provide a good experience.

Just now, minicoopers11 said:

No. What are you hearing or experiencing?

tl;dr Russian Customs isn't allowing stuff through in private sales since January.

I haven't shipped anything there since 2017 but I just received a quote from a highly-rated buyer.

I've read reports that Russian Customs won't clear any dutiable shipments (except documents) from US sellers to individual Russian buyers. They'll just stop it at the border  to either be abandoned or returned to sender at sender's cost. They may clear business-to-business shipments. FedEx, DHL, and UPS won't ship at all. USPS will but then is reliant on the Russian post for last mile delivery.

The buyer asked about USPS direct rather than a freight-forwarder so I haven't yet checked to see what all theservices like Qwintry are doing. I did check on Endicia and they still offer insurance.

I quoted the buyer shipping cost including Endicia insurance with PayPal Friends & Family payment only and terms for buyer to assume all risk once delivery company takes possession. If they buy, I'll also probably document every part of the shipment given my experience with the last order getting a bit dinged when the forwarder repackaged it.

1 hour ago, mizeur said:

tl;dr Russian Customs isn't allowing stuff through in private sales since January.

I haven't shipped anything there since 2017 but I just received a quote from a highly-rated buyer.

I've read reports that Russian Customs won't clear any dutiable shipments (except documents) from US sellers to individual Russian buyers. They'll just stop it at the border  to either be abandoned or returned to sender at sender's cost. They may clear business-to-business shipments. FedEx, DHL, and UPS won't ship at all. USPS will but then is reliant on the Russian post for last mile delivery.

The buyer asked about USPS direct rather than a freight-forwarder so I haven't yet checked to see what all theservices like Qwintry are doing. I did check on Endicia and they still offer insurance.

I quoted the buyer shipping cost including Endicia insurance with PayPal Friends & Family payment only and terms for buyer to assume all risk once delivery company takes possession. If they buy, I'll also probably document every part of the shipment given my experience with the last order getting a bit dinged when the forwarder repackaged it.

Thanks. I guess this explains the lack of Russia orders I’ve had this year. Yikes.

How do you disable the instant checkout feature on BrickLink?  I looked at my store settings and the help forums and still cannot figure it out.  Maybe I am missing something simple.  Having the instant checkout feature as an option for buyers has resulted in shipping cost being both too low and too high in some cases and the buyer pays the invoice too quickly before I can adjust the shipping charges.

Any help would be appreciated.  I sell sets only, not parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been having an issue with using PayPal from within Bricklink.com every time I try to make a payment using the PayPal (Onsite) option (which is sometimes the only option available on certain stores). I click on the "Checkout with PayPal" button and then it brings me to a PayPal cart with the store's seller's name and then I have to type in my username and password. However, once I do that, it gives me this error each time:

" We're sorry, things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later "

However, if I log in to PayPal and manually send money to someone with their email, I have no login errors. Why does this keep happening? I don't have any security keys, so I don't understand what the problem is. Is it a PayPal problem or a Bricklink.com problem?

Thank you for your help and your time!

• 2 weeks later...

On my BrickLink store, a buyer cannot complete the purchase of the used 3817 The Flying Dutchman set I have for sale (no box, only the pieces, and the instructions).

Here is their message, "I’m not able to check out because “the package size doesn’t meet seller requirements.”  I have never seen this message.    The potential buyer is in Shrewsbury, MA.

Here are my shipping settings:

BrickLink - My Store Settings - Google Chrome 2018-12-20 20.47.40.jpg

What settings do I need to change or add to so I can sell this set?

Thanks!

Edited by LegoWalker4

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

On my BrickLink store, a buyer cannot complete the purchase of the used 3817 The Flying Dutchman set I have for sale (no box, only the pieces, and the instructions).

Here is their message, "I’m not able to check out because “the package size doesn’t meet seller requirements.”  I have never seen this message.    The potential buyer is in Shrewsbury, MA.

Here are my shipping settings:

BrickLink - My Store Settings - Google Chrome 2018-12-20 20.47.40.jpg

What settings do I need to change or add to so I can sell this set?

Thanks!

I’ve had that happen, makes u wonder how many sales you lost and potential buyers never contacted you, just moved on. Yes, it has to do with shipping methods you have selected. Sorry, but can’t help you much with figuring out what needs to be adjusted. Weight (or box size?) to some crazy large number should do it.