Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

What am I doing wrong? I’ve been on brick link now for about two months and have had 28 orders. They’ve all been first class shipments. Couple weeks into it I had a customer ask about adding and checking out a set, but they could not check out as they did not have a shipping option. I thought I had it covered by having the first class option and then ask for invoice. So I went back in and added small medium and large box options but just had another customer say they could not check out an order of 60 poly bags. What options do I need to have for shipping if I want to quote shipping once the order is placed?  

Here are the options I have 

F3601A16-24BD-4910-8717-141C3F7382BF.png

5 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

What am I doing wrong? I’ve been on brick link now for about two months and have had 28 orders. They’ve all been first class shipments. Couple weeks into it I had a customer ask about adding and checking out a set, but they could not check out as they did not have a shipping option. I thought I had it covered by having the first class option and then ask for invoice. So I went back in and added small medium and large box options but just had another customer say they could not check out an order of 60 poly bags. What options do I need to have for shipping if I want to quote shipping once the order is placed?  

Here are the options I have 

F3601A16-24BD-4910-8717-141C3F7382BF.png

seems like your buyer hits either the max dimension or the max weight listed at the very bottom of the shipping method his order falls into. one way I know to get manual invoiced is you provide a bypass password

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

seems like your buyer hits either the max dimension or the max weight listed at the very bottom of the shipping method his order falls into. one way I know to get manual invoiced is you provide a bypass password

Thank you! I added a bypass password, hopefully that will work

26 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

If someone sent me money through PayPal for a brick link order why would PayPal  not give me a shipping option?    Thank you

Did they submit it as a merchant payment or personal transaction? No fees on the latter but no seller protection and to get a shipping label on PayPal you have to use the Ship Now tool: https://www.paypal.com/shipnow

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question for the group - I've been running a Bricklink store for 3 years now and this is the first time I've encountered this -- I shipped an order in early April, USPS marked it as delivered a few days later. I heard from the buyer about a week ago saying that he never received the order. I re-sent the tracking information and noted that it was delivered. I just heard back from the buyer saying that yes it was marked delivered but he didn't receive it. 

What is my responsibility here? I'm going to suggest that he reach out to his local post office as the next step. Do I owe this buyer a refund at any point? 

8 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Question for the group - I've been running a Bricklink store for 3 years now and this is the first time I've encountered this -- I shipped an order in early April, USPS marked it as delivered a few days later. I heard from the buyer about a week ago saying that he never received the order. I re-sent the tracking information and noted that it was delivered. I just heard back from the buyer saying that yes it was marked delivered but he didn't receive it. 

What is my responsibility here? I'm going to suggest that he reach out to his local post office as the next step. Do I owe this buyer a refund at any point? 

I wouldn't think so. PayPal considers it settled if you can show that it was delivered from the USPS. I had an issue like this happen on EBay recently. They claimed they didn't get it, I provided proof that it had, and I never heard another word from them. PayPal ruled in my favor after several weeks since the buyer didn't have a leg to stand on. They should take it up with their local post office. Not that this person is trying to scam you, but you can't be giving refunds to everyone that said they didn’t get their item when you have documentation that they did, you'd go broke.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
Guest betsy805

Anyone else having issues with paypal today? Anytime I try to click on any of the multiple orders that came through today, it's telling me 'We are not able to find this transaction id. Can you please check and try again later.' The 'print shipping label' option is gone too.  I know I can use paypal ship now to bypass, but I want to make sure the money actually went through first, as well as making sure I'm using their paypal address!   

9 hours ago, betsy805 said:

Anyone else having issues with paypal today? Anytime I try to click on any of the multiple orders that came through today, it's telling me 'We are not able to find this transaction id. Can you please check and try again later.' The 'print shipping label' option is gone too.  I know I can use paypal ship now to bypass, but I want to make sure the money actually went through first, as well as making sure I'm using their paypal address!   

I was on this morning and did not have any issues with Paypal and checking order payments.  

On 6/11/2019 at 8:04 PM, betsy805 said:

Just had this happen on an order that was paid this afternoon. No problems with earlier orders. Going to try again tomorrow.

Guest betsy805

Yeah, I am still having it pop up on random transactions. At least it's not just me! I was worried I was being scammed as it happened to 3 separate international orders placed on the same day

Just now, betsy805 said:

Yeah, I am still having it pop up on random transactions. At least it's not just me! I was worried I was being scammed as it happened to 3 separate international orders placed on the same day

Mine was domestic, oddly enough. I've had several international orders in the past week, too. Just all around weird.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, legorunner said:

I was in your buyer's situation once upon a time.  I live in an apartment complex and the item was marked as delivered to the leasing office mail room, but they never could find it. It was a bummer, and I told the seller about it, but it wasn't his fault or responsibility. Supposedly the delivery scan includes a GPS tag, which the local post office can check to see where the mailman was when he marked it delivered.

Edited by hockeyweasel

Just curious: For the third time in as many months I received a Shipping Quote request on BrickOwl for a Friends Livi minifigure. Two times from Singapore, one time from Romania. All 0 feedback users. They never result in a sale (because shipping is >$14). Is this figure popular, and are others getting similar requests?

Edited by Phil B

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

Just curious: For the third time in as many months I received a Shipping Quote request on BrickOwl for a Friends Livi minifigure. Two times from Singapore, one time from Romania. All 0 feedback users. They never result in a sale (because shipping is >$14). Is this figure popular, and are others getting similar requests?

Maybe the Livi episodes of the Friends cartoon are being screened in Singapore right now?

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning on returning to BrickLink, whilst maintaining my BrickOwl store. As I’ve been pretty much away for 5 years there are numerous errors when attempting to use owl2bsx, almost 10% of lots my inventory, 25% of value... so a lot of work needs to be done!

my question is basically what’s up with the drama on Bricklink at the moment? I’ve seen mention of the site being sold, staff leaving and financial woes.

I don’t want to end up going thru all the work for nothing.

any info appreciated, thanks

40 minutes ago, Graham Bailey said:

I am planning on returning to BrickLink, whilst maintaining my BrickOwl store. As I’ve been pretty much away for 5 years there are numerous errors when attempting to use owl2bsx, almost 10% of lots my inventory, 25% of value... so a lot of work needs to be done!

my question is basically what’s up with the drama on Bricklink at the moment? I’ve seen mention of the site being sold, staff leaving and financial woes.

I generally ignore the drama. The site was sold and the only drama I remember about that was the IT guy was upset he was being replaced by a full team.

Bricklink actually advertises now. With that, I have noticed an increased amount of zero or low feedback orders, which is great.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Graham Bailey said:

Bricklink or the parent company is/was in the process of being sold so there are sellers worried that BL as a whole will get forgotten about by the new ownership as it will be only a single piece of the conglomerate being purchased.  The admin team is understaffed/overworked and can't get done what they should so they receive the backlash daily.  Personally, my sales are up quite a bit from last year with only about a 25% increase in inventory.  I know casting a wider search net helps, but I have been nearly overwhelmed at times with orders which while not a bad thing, I only have so much time this time of year.  

I think a lot of the hubbub is a lot over nothing, but that's what happens usually, you hear from the vocal minority.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Bricklink or the parent company is/was in the process of being sold so there are sellers worried that BL as a whole will get forgotten about by the new ownership as it will be only a single piece of the conglomerate being purchased.  The admin team is understaffed/overworked and can't get done what they should so they receive the backlash daily.  Personally, my sales are up quite a bit from last year with only about a 25% increase in inventory.  I know casting a wider search net helps, but I have been nearly overwhelmed at times with orders which while not a bad thing, I only have so much time this time of year.  

I think a lot of the hubbub is a lot over nothing, but that's what happens usually, you hear from the vocal minority.

Nexon are a traded company, so it would seem they are likely attempting to sell Bricklink. Nexon are solely vested in games so BrickLink is likely difficult to handle in their overall business strategy. “Time will tell”

seems Bricklink have always been understaffed. Most duties are relying on volunteers, not the best IMO

ill bite the bullet and get back there, BrickOwl has become a buyers market, too many stores, not enough buyers.

your last point is very true, in all aspects of life!

Nexon are a traded company, so it would seem they are likely attempting to sell Bricklink. Nexon are solely vested in games so BrickLink is likely difficult to handle in their overall business strategy. “Time will tell”
seems Bricklink have always been understaffed. Most duties are relying on volunteers, not the best IMO
ill bite the bullet and get back there, BrickOwl has become a buyers market, too many stores, not enough buyers.
your last point is very true, in all aspects of life!

I opened a BO store years ago when I opened my BrickLink. I didn’t list much stuff, but I think I’ve only had two sales there. Maybe only one. So it’s been pretty much abandoned. Who shops there? Only Americans?