Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Are you ready for this? Here is the seller's response to my politely formulated complaint about the lot reeking of cigarette smoke:

*facepalm*

Well they/he/she/it got it coming - Big Negative - if they retaliate it'll be obvious. I would appreciate knowing who it is, I would not buy anything from them

6 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:
12 hours ago, Al Legorical said:
Well they/he/she/it got it coming - Big Negative - if they retaliate it'll be obvious. I would appreciate knowing who it is, I would not buy anything from them

Negatives against buyers means squat though. And he can put a response saying. He sold me Lego coated in Cigarette Smoke

Honestly leaving a negative with the reason clear would be doing us a big favor, one of my daughters is highly sensitive (actually allergic) to smoke

the smell is actually micro smoke particles attached to the pieces. Someone as allergic as my daughter could have a major medical emergency. It’s no joke

• Like 1

Honestly leaving a negative with the reason clear would be doing us a big favor, one of my daughters is highly sensitive (actually allergic) to smoke
the smell is actually micro smoke particles attached to the pieces. Someone as allergic as my daughter could have a major medical emergency. It’s no joke

Exactly. Negative works wonders when you give the reason. So saying something like “smelled of smoke, no mention on selling page of smoker” would help me not buy from them.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Victorymike18 said:

I have a small Bricklink store and am considering selling it whole.   Is there an appropriate section here where I could make a posting for it?  I've browsed a bit but didn't find a spot.

You can link your store here and see if anyone that has a store is interested, also you could post on Bricklink's forum and let folks there know you are looking to sell.  Expect to sell for less than your going rates in your store, but I would think if your inventory isn't just a bunch of basic parts, that someone will take you up on the offer.  I have bought out a couple of Bricklink stores, but they were heavy on figures/figure accessories which fits my business model for the site.  

2 minutes ago, NIevo said:

WTH, Bricklink just went down for a 4hr maintenance in the middle of the day????

I'm not justifying it as a good decision, but they have warned about with a banner since at least the weekend, so the good news is that it was scheduled and this isn't a sudden crisis they are confronting. But yea, odd timing...

14 minutes ago, legorunner said:

I'm not justifying it as a good decision, but they have warned about with a banner since at least the weekend, so the good news is that it was scheduled and this isn't a sudden crisis they are confronting. But yea, odd timing...

They've always done maintenance at night, I've never seen it ran during the day.  I didn't even pay any attention that is was scheduled for middle of day.

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Bricklink is having issues right now - getting 504 Gateway Errors most of the time. Front page still loads fine, but nothing else seems to load reliably (or at all).

This is quite annoying.  I can access my store, my home page, but unable to see orders, go to forums, or do much of anything else.  The more and more issues this site has, the more and more I feel like taking my entire store to another site.

So frustrating, especially coming off a daytime 5+ hour maintenance shutdown. I read somewhere that the owner is trying to sell his company which would include BrickLink, is this the beginning of the end? If so, I would think BrickOwl would be able to get a large % of the BL customers and orders.

4 minutes ago, 4cs said:

So frustrating, especially coming off a daytime 5+ hour maintenance shutdown. I read somewhere that the owner is trying to sell his company which would include BrickLink, is this the beginning of the end? If so, I would think BrickOwl would be able to get a large % of the BL customers and orders.

If I remember correctly he owns Bricklink separate from Nexon. So shouldn't be included. 

19 minutes ago, JOEBRICK376 said:

If I remember correctly he owns Bricklink separate from Nexon. So shouldn't be included. 

Interesting, I didn't know that.

I wonder why BL doesn't acknowledge these outages and give some time of update or communication on IG or FB.