TRU.ca %20 off Select LEGO Movie/Creator Sets

Sandwraith

I don't know. It's nice to have them come up as new topics... You don't have to go to page 5284 to find the latest post only to find the latest post is a flame war over which set is not going to sell, going to do better, and which thread this flame war belongs to.

I don't know. It's nice to have them come up as new topics... You don't have to go to page 5284 to find the latest post only to find the latest post is a flame war over which set is not going to sell, going to do better, and which thread this flame war belongs to.

I kind of like Sandwraiths suggestion of a thread for the major retailers. The "problem" with a thread each time there is a new "deal" is...

1) We sometimes end of up clogging the new content widget. :)

2) People don't always see the deal quickly .. Subscribing to a few threads means you'd be notified quicker.

3) It could be easier to search for past deals.

We could also pin the threads which would make them easier to find (especially for new members).

Just thinking out loud.

Vil Business Lair for me...

I know this is wishful thinking, but will be nice to have Fairground Mixer and any of the modular on sale too =D

I don't think I've ever seen them on sale? I think the last big TRU BOGO type sale was just Star Wars and Technic.

But yeah, a little something would be nice. :)

• Like 1

I 2nd sandwraiths motion for a thread per retailer. It'll be quicker to look through instead of sorting through possible multiple deals and conversations at one time.

Edit: maybe have one thread for smaller retailers ie. Sears, mastermind toys etc.

Edited by speedsausage
  • Like 1

That`s a good point, maybe we could have threads for each retailer, then 1 exclusive thread strictly for quick / lightning deals (similar to the Daily Deals thread) that come up unexpectedly. A Daily Deals thread for Canada I don`t think will work, because, well, we really don`t get any deals. The sales we obviously get are weeklong (TRU), period/over time (Indigo, Walmart, etc.) or the occasional deal that appears quickly then disappears shortly after. 

That`s a good point, maybe we could have threads for each retailer, then 1 exclusive thread strictly for quick / lightning deals (similar to the Daily Deals thread) that come up unexpectedly. A Daily Deals thread for Canada I don`t think will work, because, well, we really don`t get any deals. The sales we obviously get are weeklong (TRU), period/over time (Indigo, Walmart, etc.) or the occasional deal that appears quickly then disappears shortly after. 

I like the idea of the Lightning deals thing, sort of like the "Find of the Day" thread, which btw i just posted in Benny back in stock at WM.ca :)

But agree lumping every single deal/sale in 1 thread would be tedious.

Anyone know when these sales go live now? It used to be midnight eastern time but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

It has been live for a while now!

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=60809606&overrideStore=TRUSCA

Note that the prices are not yet visibly updated, but if you add to your cart, you'll see the 20% discount appear. Speaking on which, I also now understand how all the Lonely Mountains disappeared just "before" the Hobbit sale went live, some weeks ago.

• Like 1