TRU.ca %20 off Select LEGO Movie/Creator Sets

Sandwraith

Except they have 9463 Werewolf at $29.99 retail when it's actually $24.99. It's actually on 14% savings. Of course it's sold out at Lego so getting it below retail should still be considered a bonus.

If you buy two and use the coupon, you get them for under $16 each (not including tax...which is 13% here) Seems like it will easily sell for around $35-40 USD by Halloween (at least to me) so it is a no-brainer.

Will people really pay that much for one decent minifig plus a crappy car and tree? (Serious question)

I can't believe the money people shell out for The Zombies (for example) considering the size of the set - for that price I'd get a cool modular or other large exclusive. That being said, I think about $40 sounds about right for this set. Even if it doesn't hit those lofty highs, the risk is about zero - the ebay trend price says $25 USD (about $30 CAD) and I got them shipped for $18.04 each. Prices will likely go up in October, and this is also a nice set to package with other MF sets. 

Will people really pay that much for one decent minifig plus a crappy car and tree? (Serious question)

This tree really compliments the Haunted House. I've already got a couple to set up in the Haunted House 'yard' . Plus you need a werewolf - that goes without saying.

But it's always surprising how much people will pay for sets to complete the series

I can't believe the money people shell out for The Zombies (for example) considering the size of the set - for that price I'd get a cool modular or other large exclusive. That being said, I think about $40 sounds about right for this set. Even if it doesn't hit those lofty highs, the risk is about zero - the ebay trend price says $25 USD (about $30 CAD) and I got them shipped for $18.04 each. Prices will likely go up in October, and this is also a nice set to package with other MF sets. 

Thanks for the insight. One thing to keep in mind though is that the rumored monsters CMF series later this year could affect the value of any MF set that derives its value from its minifigs.

Is the mine worth getting for $90?

Might be the best price I've ever seen... They had an excellent deal over Xmas but I'm struggling to remember the price - might have been $87 and some change? I have a few that I'm hoping will return some profits this Xmas or next. I've never seen my local TRUs out of them. :(

(I'm thinking bundle... the Mine, Excavator Transport, Mining Truck and Mini Loader)

For personal collection- probably.

Investment wise? That $90 is better spend else where, I personally may pick up Benny's Spaceship at 20% off than this at 30% off.

I would echo this myself. These are probably in every TRU i go to, no idea why, it seems like a cool set. I think the money (investment-wise) can be better used elsewhere. Then again maybe this sale will dry them up and can start appreciating! but i think i will pass on this one myself.

Benny at around %30 off, or 2x CCP (+99 cent crayons) at %40 seems like a better option if you get anything from this sale.

I think Benny's spaceship is such a personal choice. If you aren't into 80s space lego, it's hard to get excited about it. It has cool mini figs, including a space unikitty, it's large, it goes with adults, but is playable for kids... However, it's not an exclusive and may be around for a bit.

I think Benny's spaceship is such a personal choice. If you aren't into 80s space lego, it's hard to get excited about it. It has cool mini figs, including a space unikitty, it's large, it goes with adults, but is playable for kids... However, it's not an exclusive and may be around for a bit.

I'm not into 80's space myself, but i know many LEGO collectors are.

Classic Space collectors are willing to shell out a lot of money to collect it all, now will they all enjoy this throwback? who knows, but if they don't, we can still bank on LEGO Movie Fans. I think it's a safe bet as an investment, but you have to like what you invest in to really be passionate about it!

I'd prefer a better discount than %30 of course (and i have some at %40ish), but with Target gone and WM mostly clearanced these out; it will be harder and harder to find at anything better than %20 up here in Canada soon.

I would echo this myself. These are probably in every TRU i go to, no idea why, it seems like a cool set. I think the money (investment-wise) can be better used elsewhere. Then again maybe this sale will dry them up and can start appreciating! but i think i will pass on this one myself.

Benny at around %30 off, or 2x CCP (+99 cent crayons) at %40 seems like a better option if you get anything from this sale.

It is the ol' TRU curse - when the Mine went to a TRU exclusive it was almost a guarantee that it would sit around after S&**** had sold their stock. Since it is limit 5 I can't check (roughly) how much stock they have, but if the number is relatively small it is a decent buy. It hasn't had a holiday season as a retired set, so this upcoming one will be a good indicator of its potential. European users have stated it is increasing nicely across the pond (where there is no TRU hoarding them, so they've been OOS everywhere for a couple months) and it is a pretty unique subtheme, so there are signs. 

I like the Benny, but I doubt it will be worth a holiday flip this year and I see S&**** availability for quite some time. The Mine will be OOS (fingers crossed) from TRU by the holidays so it will probably make you money faster. If it dries up at retail before the summer I don't think $140 USD or so is unreasonable by Christmas, and perhaps more as it isn't a widely talked about or hoarded set.

• Like 1

I'm not into 80's space myself, but i know many LEGO collectors are.

Classic Space collectors are willing to shell out a lot of money to collect it all, now will they all enjoy this throwback? who knows, but if they don't, we can still bank on LEGO Movie Fans. I think it's a safe bet as an investment, but you have to like what you invest in to really be passionate about it!

I'd prefer a better discount than %30 of course (and i have some at %40ish), but with Target gone and WM mostly clearanced these out; it will be harder and harder to find at anything better than %20 up here in Canada soon.

I was never into the space theme as a kid and thus dont have any real childhood connection to it. That said I loved the look of this set and built one. Its a great build and the ship is quite large. Bigger than I expected. I am a believer (and I have only managed to get 1 for investment) 

In case anyone is interested... By poking around Toys'R'Us Canada's website, I predict the new 20% sale beginning on March 27th will be Star Wars, City and Duplo.

How did you come to this prediction!? (not challenging you, just genuinely curious).

Star Wars would be nice so i can pick up the last few 7965's.

• Like 1

How did you come to this prediction!? (not challenging you, just genuinely curious).

Star Wars would be nice so i can pick up the last few 7965's.

They make the categories for sales before they go live and just hide the links. :P

Deals March 27 - April 6 >  Save up to XX on Building Sets

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=60809046&overrideStore=TRUSCA

It's not quite finished (hence the "Save up to XX"), items can move in and out before the sale actually begins.

• Like 5

They make the categories for sales before they go live and just hide the links. :P

Deals March 27 - April 6 >  Save up to XX on Building Sets

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=60809046&overrideStore=TRUSCA

It's not quite finished (hence the "Save up to XX"), items can move in and out before the sale actually begins.

Cool! nice to know :)