9467 - The Ghost Train

StarPod

I own multiple of almost every train and city train theme set ever made by lego from load and haul railroad in 1992 to the current Horizon express. I did not buy a single Ghost train.  For trainers the ghost train is to easy to MOC a way cooler version.  I mean the only rare pieces are the few real train parts(wheels), the glow in the dark lightsabers, and the ghost face, maybe a few I missed. Other than that the pieces are less than 5 cents.  As a train I wish I could like it more.  Perhaps Halloween will help it sell though. I will buy two if the price drops to $50.

• 2 months later...

I bought one of these at a very low price for my own collection to complete the theme. If I see them very heavily discounted I will buy them. The set being without track I can fully understand. It is a ghost train. It can fligh and go through walls like the ghosts who are in it. It is not supposed to come with track. "Track!? The ghosts do not need track where they are going".

I bought one of these at a very low price for my own collection to complete the theme. If I see them very heavily discounted I will buy them.

The set being without track I can fully understand. It is a ghost train. It can fligh and go through walls like the ghosts who are in it. It is not supposed to come with track. "Track!? The ghosts do not need track where they are going".

Not sure if you plan on building it. If you do, it's a fun medium-sized build. The plane is decent also.

Regarding the original post, I think we can't use the Twisted Train as an indicator. I was really bullish on this set until TRU continued carrying it well past other retailers (still at a ridiculous high price so it will never sell out). "darn you TRU" while shaking my fist at them.

Not sure if you plan on building it. If you do, it's a fun medium-sized build. The plane is decent also.

Regarding the original post, I think we can't use the Twisted Train as an indicator. I was really bullish on this set until TRU continued carrying it well past other retailers (still at a ridiculous high price so it will never sell out). "darn you TRU" while shaking my fist at them.

I don't know about *never* selling out, but it definitely looks like it will prevent any growth this Halloween, meaning a lot of MF sets will be sitting in a lot of closets.  I'm still hopeful about some growth by next Halloween, but that is a 'fist-shaking-at-TRU type sentiment.  It didn't have to be this way, TRU.

Recently I got in the final parts to complete the process of non-motorized Ghost Train to motorized Ghost Train, and this is the final product, and here is a video of it in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNyUatKVp3o

(This topic is also two days late because I was busy again, not near any computers :( )

Before I continue, I would like to apology to biniou, I had made the promise to showcase it running around Vampyre Castle, but sadly right before I was going to record I dropped it when I was moving in from another room, it is now in pieces.

Overall, I'm happy with what it turned out it to be, it just has a few flaws that are due to just not having certain items in stock.

• I would have liked to add speed control, but the IR receiver was out of stock, ordered everything else but it.
  • Last car is pretty bad, would like to improve it or just remove it entirely
  • Was unable to keep the flappy bat wings, would have loved to have atleast one of them with magnetic cufflings!
All and all, the project has it flaws, but there are more positives than negatives
  • The locomotive and cars can successfully interface with any train set
  • Coal/bone car turned out better than expected, 100% happy with it
  • Prisoner car still retains the original base dimensions
  • Locomotive retained most of it's appearance, very happy that it was possible.
Also, if anyone would like a tutorial on the locomotive, feel free to ask, just one response, it's all it takes. Just can't promise it will be done by the end of next week though! Hope you guys liked this MOC, and hope it inspired you aswell!

Great work. I'm still using 9v so motorizing my trains are fairly quick and straight forward. My next project is working on this set :). So far, I motorized the latest Hogwarts Express and the Toy Story Western train.

I do have all the PF parts except the rechargeable battery box. I to had a rough time getting the IR items at first so I just bought a Passenger train while on-sale last yr and sold off everything else. Then I decided to just go with 9v.

Let me know if you end up wanting the IR items since I have two of everything still new.

I like 9V, it's just that it gets to be so expensive, it just isn't worth it to me. Even when 'in it's prime' it was expensive. My favorite is 12V, it was way before my time, but anyway, why I like it is because I can take my modern track and add the middle strip and make it run on the tracks, good as new.

Thanks for the offer, but sorry to say, at the moment there isn't anything I'm looking to motorize, but if I get the Lone Ranger train, I'll give you a message!

Before I continue, I would like to apology to biniou, I had made the promise to showcase it running around Vampyre Castle, but sadly right before I was going to record I dropped it when I was moving in from another room, it is now in pieces.

I feel sorry for you. :(

• 4 months later...

I don't know about *never* selling out, but it definitely looks like it will prevent any growth this Halloween, meaning a lot of MF sets will be sitting in a lot of closets.  I'm still hopeful about some growth by next Halloween, but that is a 'fist-shaking-at-TRU type sentiment.  It didn't have to be this way, TRU.

It's going to be ok.  My sources at Lego tell me that the company is *this* close to banning Toys R Us for reseller-like hoarding and post-EOL price hiking behavior.  Target as well.

Lego: Are you seriously going to tell us that you intend to build and play with all 100,000 Ghost Trains you just ordered?

TRU: Um, yeah.  That's right.  Honestly, we barely sell anything.  We're about two steps away from bankruptcy.

Lego: (Ban)Hammer Time!

TRU: But we were telling the truth...

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

i've just found one 9467 Ghost Train MISB @ 80€ (64€ + 16€ shipping costs).

Do you think is it a good deal or not? Is it a good investment?

I also have the MF vampyre castle and i could sell them together when Series 14 minifigures comes out.

Thanks a lot

Hi,  I would probably pass.   The 9467 Ghost Train set hasn't delivered (ROI-wise) as some of us thought for various reason mentioned in this thread.  It is a neat set to build but as an investment, i think many of us wouldn't spend 80€ for one.    For building, I would suggest finding a used one.

Hi everyone,

i've just found one 9467 Ghost Train MISB @ 80€ (64€ + 16€ shipping costs).

Do you think is it a good deal or not? Is it a good investment?

I also have the MF vampyre castle and i could sell them together when Series 14 minifigures comes out.

Thanks a lot

Hi,  I would probably pass.   The 9467 Ghost Train set hasn't delivered (ROI-wise) as some of us thought for various reason mentioned in this thread.  It is a neat set to build but as an investment, i think many of us wouldn't spend 80€ for one.    For building, I would suggest finding a used one.

​Ok, thanks for the tips.

Thank you!

​Yes, these were selling for under $50 at one point. It may actually start to pick up here in the U.S. with the holiday season approaching and pairing it with another Monster set might help. As far as building it, I think it's an ok price, but yes, finding it cheaper used would be wiser...