MOC Highlights

TheOrcKing

A build I made for a contest on Brickset. Sort of a celebratory MOC for (almost) finishing sorting my collection into parts lol.

(My flickr)

The combo does remind me of classic Space or in this case Futuron. Major thumbs up for that. Just one question, what thin blue piece is used in those wings? :scratchhead: Anyway, good to hear the brick sorting has progressed that far.

They are solar panels from 7471 Mars Rover. Yeah, I went for a neo-futuron look.

Woo doggie, I didn't even know those existed. Very impressive use with a truly unique selection of parts and also amazing you used the exact number of pieces allowed for the contest. It's funny how sometimes life can go that way. Best of luck in the contest, friend. :good:

Steampunk is just a fantastic concept. I love some of the airships and locomotives that lots of builders have done, there is some truly exceptional work out there.

They really are pretty awesome and despite the variety of concepts spread across so many users, they all share a sort of uniformity in design to where you could for example have ten builds each created by a different user sitting on display altogether yet they don't look out of place among one another. I honestly believe Lego should try their hand at a Steampunk theme at least once or my extra special favorite of Cyberpunk.

• 2 weeks later...