League of Legends Minifigures is it just me?

Yellowtot

Is it just me but I'd really love a League of Legends minifigure series. Can somebody please petition Lego to work out a deal for the license, because I remember playing the game like 5 years ago and would love to see an Easter bunny Teemo or corporate Mundo figure. Added bonus it would be extremely popular (how many play this game like 50 million now or something?)and make us all a tonne of money!

True their are other great possibilities, but the thing with League is everybody's going to want their favourite character by their desk whilst they grind out xp and all that jazz. Just think of the millions of people wanting that 1 specific figure out of a limited run of a set of 16, ummmmm money.

I have to wonder if the failure of the World of Warcraft Mega Bloks gives toy companies pause about game licenses. Minecraft being an obvious userper, but that name is so ubiquitous and powerful. I wonder if things like LoL and Warcraft and the like are just deemed too niche. 

The HALO license seems to be going ok. Maybe they just want lines with more big names behind them, and LoL doesn't quite qualify.

Did Wow mega bloks really fail? They made/sold a ton of them, who knows how successful it really was. I think mega bloks was the problem, sets poorly designed, minifigures are awkward, no rhyme or reason to release dates.

With TMNT going to mage bloks, maybe Wow could go to lego, but I think that the popularity has passed for the most part

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Did Wow mega bloks really fail? They made/sold a ton of them, who knows how successful it really was. I think mega bloks was the problem, sets poorly designed, minifigures are awkward, no rhyme or reason to release dates.

With TMNT going to mage bloks, maybe Wow could go to lego, but I think that the popularity has passed for the most part

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I was/am a WoW/Blizzard fan, and i thought the sets were pretty bad. Aside from Maybe Stormwind, but i never got that one. I only ended up getting 1, and the only redeeming aspect was the figure (Arthas). Not sure even LEGO could do the universe justice, i just don't think it's one that goes well with bricks.

However the Starcraft Battlecruiser from Mega Bloks is awesome. They were supposed to have a whole Starcraft line, but it never happened. My guess is they realized the WoW line wasn't doing so well and pulled it.

The Battlecruiser box had a promotional picture with "Full line coming June 2013!" or something like that, and even had a temp site which is now gone.

I can't speak for actual retail sales numbers as far as the theme being a success or not, but the secondary market prices are dirt low, and I see sets sitting on walmart clearance shelves discounted 65+ percent or more and have been there years and don't move. Even on Amazon, $25 sets are $8, Stormwind was $100 MSRP, and can be had for $35, the Zep $20, etc. I am guessing with numbers like those, there just isn't a lot of demand.

And unless they actually do a WoW Movie, there is no way LEGO Will do a WoW Theme. 

I didn't know TMNT was going the way of Spongebob. Interesting...