(LDD MOC) Mini Voltron

TheOrcKing

Awesome job TOK!  Thanks so much!  I've already got the BL want lists going, and may start ordering some parts tonight.

I, too, am befuddled by the 1x1 vertical clip in green.  I looked all over BL, and can't find many of them existing either.  I don't see how they can be anything other than standard green.  But I can't find these pieces, in green, ever coming in any set.  I didn't find anything in LEGO Shop at Home Pick a Brick, either.

• Like 1

Many thanks all around to everyone here. Like the mini SDCC Batmobile and Ghost builds, it was a fun challenge trying to figure how this was built and replicate it. Now I'm not exactly eager to jump back in with another just yet but I do look forward to the next thing. At the moment there is the display stand mentioned in the UCS Slave I that I will give a whirl and see where that leads me.

I, too, am befuddled by the 1x1 vertical clip in green. I looked all over BL, and can't find many of them existing either. I don't see how they can be anything other than standard green. But I can't find these pieces, in green, ever coming in any set. I didn't find anything in S@H Pick a Brick, either.

I'm starting to wonder if the designer of the original build may have used clips from another brand such as KREO. I remember some of Orion Pax's commissioned projects in particular Transformers had a mix of LEGO with KREO because certain parts were not officially available in LEGO or KREO has some parts unique to their brand.
  • Like 1

Many thanks all around to everyone here. Like the mini SDCC Batmobile and Ghost builds, it was a fun challenge trying to figure how this was built and replicate it. Now I'm not exactly eager to jump back in with another just yet but I do look forward to the next thing. At the moment there is the display stand mentioned in the UCS Slave I that I will give a whirl and see where that leads me.

Can you point me to the directions for the Ghost build? I'm BL'ing the parts right now and I'm almost to the build stage.

Edit to add:  Ghost directions here

Good to know somebody here may find those instructions useful. I hope you post some images when completed with the model. ....Pretty please?

Yes!  I made the last of my BL orders this afternoon, for both The Ghost and Voltron.  As soon as I get the parts, I'll do the builds and post pics up.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

post-5626-14286466208159_thumb.jpg

Well, looks like I lied. I had all the parts!

I went with the hard to find green part at the end of the build ($1 each ouch!). I also went with the Pearl gray for the leg pieces.

It's fragile and there are some less than legal (imo) techniques for assembling.

However...Voltron!

Thanks to TOK for putting the parts list and instructions together so I could do this. This is pretty awesome!

• Like 1

Well, looks like I lied. I had all the parts!

I went with the hard to find green part at the end of the build ($1 each ouch!). I also went with the Pearl gray for the leg pieces.

It's fragile and there are some less than legal (imo) techniques for assembling.

However...Voltron!

Thanks to TOK for putting the parts list and instructions together so I could do this. This is pretty awesome!

bp_1428647606__mlp_its_beautiful.gif
  • Like 1

Looks like somebody opted for flat silver on the lion legs. ;)

4? I only recall needing a single 1x3 plate in yellow.

Yes, I saw your suggestion, and went with it out of the gate.  I really like the flat silver.

I have no idea why I thought I needed 4.  Maybe I needed 3 more 1x3s for something else.  Or maybe I accidentally screwed up.  Or maybe the wish list burped when I uploaded it (yeah, that's it!).

There is no mistaking what that is.  I know if I saw it on someone's desk, I'd immediately recognize it.

It's in my bag for work tomorrow.  We'll see if I get any comments.  I doubt it, as I don't get anyone commenting on the Lego out of my desk.  But, I'll be curious to see if I get anyone slowing down as the walk by.

• 1 year later...