TRU.ca off Select SW, Super Heroes, and City Sets (Mar 27-Apr 2)

Sandwraith

Just clear your cache and close your browser. I've used the code at least 60-75 times in the last two months and have always used the same email, same CC and same Airmiles account.

Awww, good tip!  That would have definitely saved me some hassle and gotten me more Air Miles!!  Ah well, chock it up to my being a noob!

Just clear your cache and close your browser. I've used the code at least 60-75 times in the last two months and have always used the same email, same CC and same Airmiles account.

This!

And i f you don't like clearing the cache of your main browser (i certainly don't), just use an alternate browser.

What the heck are you guys hoarding from TRUs?

There have been so many great buys! The best 'already retired from S&****' sets are long sold out, but I managed to get some great stuff online as well as in store. Also check out the large Transformers toys and Star Wars Black Series...clearance is BOGO 50% and Cineplex works, too. I think these are easy sells this holiday season, and with the size of the discount it is hard to resist.

Wow. Do you make decent money doing that? I guess you have to be passionate about sorting/organizing bricks and the amount of time you'd inevitably spend doing so.

Frankly, the regular job (I'm a software programmer) pays a lot more per hour. :P

My wife is doing the order picking (25 hours/week or so), and we often hire a few friends to sort parts in short bursts over week-ends. I spend maybe a hour per day to pack orders and customer service.

Most importantly, we are also a household of builders. The near infinite supply of parts is very handy, we pick whatever we need right from the store's inventory.

Edited by Stragus
  • Like 3

I live 20 min south of Winnipeg... and qualify as a 'remote' location, not worthy of free shipping.

Ah well, can choose the in-store pickup option, I guess...

Try their ebay store. Lots of items get free shipping or very cheap. I ordered an MTT off the TRU ebay store, only cost $4 shipping instead of the quoted $44 on their actual website. Down side is no coupon codes, but they still have the sales. And I live an hour south of winnipeg. ;)

Don't forget to clean out some playmobils and nerfs with that coupon. One last shot tonight. And also call of duty. You can literally build a swat team with those tiny juggernauts in COD and line them up against a lego minifig riot. I am planning to build an anti riot squad standing at my lego train station.

Frankly, the regular job (I'm a software programmer) pays a lot more per hour. :P

My wife is doing the order picking (25 hours/week or so), and we often hire a few friends to sort parts in short bursts over week-ends. I spend maybe a hour per day to pack orders and customer service.

Most importantly, we are also a household of builders. The near infinite supply of parts is very handy, we pick whatever we need right from the store's inventory.

Your situation really makes me jealous.

Just a question I figure I should ask here instead of creating a new thread.

Does Toys'r'Us Canada ever do clearance sales in store on Lego? I don't mean "normal" sales like these ones, but something a bit more aggressive percentage wise. I haven't seen any and I'm just wondering if I'm just not looking at the right places at the right time. 

Thanks. 

Just a question I figure I should ask here instead of creating a new thread.

Does Toys'r'Us Canada ever do clearance sales in store on Lego? I don't mean "normal" sales like these ones, but something a bit more aggressive percentage wise. I haven't seen any and I'm just wondering if I'm just not looking at the right places at the right time.

Thanks.

They do, but very rarely.

Galaxy Squad at %50 a while ago being a recent one. Silver Mine Shootout has been "clearance" priced forever.

And i remember the Dino Trex tracker was clearanced at $40 in my local one, missed them though.

So yes they happen, but rarely and not always on desirable sets.

They do, but very rarely.

Galaxy Squad at %50 a while ago being a recent one. Silver Mine Shootout has been "clearance" priced forever.

And i remember the Dino Trex tracker was clearanced at $40 in my local one, missed them though.

So yes they happen, but rarely and not always on desirable sets.

Silver Mine Shootout... I think they have a guy in the back room making these or something, they are perpetually on 40% off sale & every time one happens to visit TRU there's more of them on the shelf, nearly the entire bottom row of one complete aisle is nothing but sms now.

I've seen up to 50% off on Lego at TRU.  Boxing day 2012 saw 50% off on all discontinued Star Wars, picked up a bunch of 10215s for $44 and change, Pod race, Hoth Echo base, and those sweet Republic Frigates (all 50% off).  Never saw a sale that good there since.  Last year was some pretty slim pickings.  I don't know if that was because Target was giving thier Lego away below cost half the year ( :)  ) or because TRU hit their sales quota and didn't have to dump price to encourage demand....

I'm liking these 20% off sales, with the Loonie in the crapper plus discount there is some decent value there.

Edited by thirsty